What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • A 1/4 drive 5/8ths socket with a 1/4 to 3/8 adapter will work with a ratchet.

I think that I used the mini ratchet with the socket. It has got to the point that I grab the mini ratchets first for most jobs, comes in 1/4 and a reversible 1/4--3/8 inch and is only about 3 inches long from Northern Tool. I break loose with a wrench and use the ratchet to remove the bolt or nut. Next to the 3/8 air ratchet the best tool in my tool box.

• The Mod fever has broke. With the purchase of my new Grand Touring Slingshot it has all the things I wanted to add to my SL. Top, Softer Suspension, Rear wheel fender and GPS. I just came back from a 150 mile ride and I'm not tired at all. The seats with lumbar support are very comfortable and the ride is smooth. I think I love it.

• Back when Dave helped me install the trakhamr, we had originally planned to reconnect my rear welter dual and custom route it around the trakhamr frame. Due to the challenges with the trakhamr and the time it took, we ran out of time to do my exhaust, and Dave fixed me up with his shorty to get me home.

Today, I put the sling on the lift and reconnected the front 3/4 of the Welter, just not putting the last part on (the part that goes by the battery and into the Y. The trakhamr torsion box is in the way to run it how it normally does, so will be taking it to a muffler shop tomorrow to get a custom pipe made up.

The DDM shorty exhaust is well done, it flows very well, and sounds great, however, it's a bit loud for my tastes, and running highway speeds at 3k RPM, the raw bass is just too bad on my ears, plus it drops out where the stock exhaust is, and it's just too much noise for the cockpit for any length of time. I'm really looking forward to getting the rears back on.

Now, even with my 2.5" exhaust, there are still limitations with it, not enough flow, but Dave fixed me up with an exhaust dump for high boost. It will be loud up front, but that's only during high boost situations. I'm curious what it's going to sound like, but the smile on my face will take care of any noise.

On Saturday while hanging out with MiM and chavey2 , I did pull the right rear wheel off and adjust the speed sensor there on the trakhamr. The ABS light kept coming on. Once I adjusted it as Troy stated, the issue went away. Great service again from TrakHamr , he answered a text with full details within minutes Saturday evening.

I still have some follow up work to do and a couple of small mods to put on, just ran out of time today. Gives me something to do later :)

• This weekend was "fix the neglect" weekend. After getting the TrakHamr installed...I noticed I was getting posi howl. So the fluid was changed to a 75W-90 Mobile One synthetic and I added a friction reducer to it. Now....it's quiet as can be. Love it! I am a firm believer in louder isn't faster...with that being said... I also fixed a nasty exhaust leak I was having...it's been an on going issue for over 8 months. Come to find out it was 5 loose bolts on the exhaust manifold. I told you...neglect. Also cleaned the Air filter. Did an oil change.

This week I get to install the upgraded shocks from TrakHamr and I get to install the taller NASCAR windshield from Allthingsslingshot.com. I'll definitely post my reviews of both products on FB like I have for other items I have reviewed.

CO D12

Hahn SST stage 2X PRP Seats Sparco Steering Wheel (Not SLR) w/ NRG 3.0 Quick release Canadian Headlight R-Shot Accessories Windscreen Rear Protection Plate by Slinglow NASCAR Windshield Kenwood Double DIN SSV head pods with Polk DB 6.5"s SSV Works Subwoofer enclosure w/10" JL Audio Kenwood Amps Slingshot Side Storage 11 Piece Mat Kit TD Canvas top TD lip spoiler 22" Asanti Wheels TD sway bar TD shifter boot cover & parking brake Graphics by AMR Racing QA1 front TrakHamr rear

• Installed the Tallboy +2 from Allthingsslingshot.com last night. Got to say...I really dig it. I like being able to look through the windshield instead of just under the top of the windshield. Even though there is only a gap that is from 1/2" in the middle to about 1" on the corners to my Twist Top Frame...I still get a good amount of airflow.

It took me about 45 min to swap the Tallboy +2 to the base of the NASCAR windshield. Pretty simple swap:

- Remove the windshield from the Slingshot.

- 10mm wrench for the backside.

- Allen wrench for the front (forgot to grab the size).

- Remove 11 screws. Line up the new taller windshield.

- Put screws back in.

- Mount base and new windshield back on to the Slingshot

- I am paranoid so I drilled the glass to mount the shield to the center bracket post. (Not needed, kev provides another option.

I am tempting Mother Nature today to dump down on me so I can give a review of how it handles the rain.

CO D12

Hahn SST stage 2X PRP Seats Sparco Steering Wheel (Not SLR) w/ NRG 3.0 Quick release Canadian Headlight R-Shot Accessories Windscreen Rear Protection Plate by Slinglow NASCAR Windshield Kenwood Double DIN SSV head pods with Polk DB 6.5"s SSV Works Subwoofer enclosure w/10" JL Audio Kenwood Amps Slingshot Side Storage 11 Piece Mat Kit TD Canvas top TD lip spoiler 22" Asanti Wheels TD sway bar TD shifter boot cover & parking brake Graphics by AMR Racing QA1 front TrakHamr rear

• I hope that you can see over it. It is not nice running 85 mph on the interstate and having instant fogged wind screen that you cannot see thru.

• I hope that you can see over it. It is not nice running 85 mph on the interstate and having instant fogged wind screen that you cannot see thru.

It will be interesting to see if that happens to this windshield. It hasn't to the 4 other windshields I have tested. Not sure if it's because we have limited humidity in Colorado....but I have yet to have a windshield fog up on me.

CO D12

• It will be interesting to see if that happens to this windshield. It hasn't to the 4 other windshields I have tested. Not sure if it's because we have limited humidity in Colorado....but I have yet to have a windshield fog up on me.

I had it to happen twice but that is the reason I do not look thru a wind screen. I always want to be able to see over the wind screen.

• New E-mail from Polaris saying to buy a new Slingshot for as low as $19,999

I was just at my Polaris dealer today and he said he was selling the base models now for $18,000 (maybe a little extra for paperwork fees). Damn, the base model 2015 was $19,999 plus like $700 shipping and extras. Not a bad deal if anyone wants a base model so they can do the mods themselves at their own pace

Never be held prisoner to your past. It was a life lesson - NOT a life SENTENCE

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• Where ever you live you are lucky that you don’t have to deal with the California snorkel to fill your tank !🙃

Nice job on the calipers!

If that's the same type as Massachusetts had years ago, there's a solution to it. Is that the big rubber boot style that you can retract to expose the entire length of the nozzle? if so I may have something hanging around if I can find it. let me know and I'll look for it this weekend

Never be held prisoner to your past. It was a life lesson - NOT a life SENTENCE

• I was just at my Polaris dealer today and he said he was selling the base models now for $18,000 (maybe a little extra for paperwork fees). Damn, the base model 2015 was 419,999 plus like $700 shipping and extras. Not a bad deal if anyone wants a base model so they can do the mods themselves at their own pace

I paid $25,500 for my 2015 SL on Feb. 12, 2015

• I was just at my Polaris dealer today and he said he was selling the base models now for $18,000 (maybe a little extra for paperwork fees). Damn, the base model 2015 was $19,999 plus like $700 shipping and extras. Not a bad deal if anyone wants a base model so they can do the mods themselves at their own pace

Year end blowout....it happened last year....