What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • There is a kit sold on Amazon or E-Bay That mounts on the tube at the foot well. It is like an air scoop about 10 inches long on the outside which is mounted over a 3 inch hole I believe and also you can open and close the vent from the inside. I think Summer Breeze said it was sold as a Slingshot vent and has it installed on his SS. He says that it works. I will see if he still has the info where he ordered from when he gets back home.

I purchased two items on Amazon, have not installed them yet, but they were from a suggestion by others.... This piece goes on the outside facing forward, and the vent goes on the inside

MagiDeal Pack of 2 Car RV ATV Camper Interior Round Ceiling A/C Vent Air Outlet Rotating Open Close

Etopars™ Black 2" 52mm Universal One Hole Dash Dashboard Car Gauge Pod Mount Holder ABS

• That is not the one I was talking about. The outside piece on the one I am talking about is about 1 inch deep on the mouth about 4 inches wide and 10 inches long. I looked for it today and could not find it. I will find out if Summer Breeze still has the info this weekend and get him to post it. It was on his Sling in Maggie Valley

• John Price I just started a new thread with the Cool Vent System and where to find it

• John Price I just started a new thread with the Cool Vent System and where to find it

Saw it.

I’ve got the baby’s and scoops that W0GEN posted. The idea is to cut a hole on the sidewall just below the fender flair. It is an alternative. Just hate cutting big holes in the bodywork. 😟

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Saw it.

I’ve got the baby’s and scoops that W0GEN posted. The idea is to cut a hole on the sidewall just below the fender flair. It is an alternative. Just hate cutting big holes in the bodywork. 😟

If you go to the sidebysidesporst web site there is also installation video and another short video of what they look like installed. I think this is one thing I am willing to cut a hole for

• I just installed the Cool vents in mine. A little piece of advise on the passengers side. Drill your 1/8 in pilot hole thru both inner and outer walls then put your drill bit and hole saw on the inside to see where your hole is going to end up. there is very little room for error on the inside. If your to far forward you end up cutting into the corner of the inner wall. Not a bad idea to do the same on the drivers side. Also don't expect for them to look nice and flush like in your car or truck they don't. But you cant really see them anyhow. Have not taken mine out for a ride yet to see how good they work. Maybe take it for a ride tomorrow and see how they work. And yes the first hole was the hardest to cut. I don't like cutting holes in good panels either.

• WTG EjFord ! There are times when I lament the heat and there are times I am grateful for it. Have thought about doing something like this for quite some time , perhaps someday. Planning a trip in November to death Valley but will be grateful for the heat coming through at that time.

• While not as cheap as venting using shop vac hose or similar, I have the best of both worlds now. With the MadStad windshield I have (7", I don't think they make it any longer, but 9" would probably be better) if I have it lowered I only get wind in the forehead up for the most part and the heat stays in the foot wells. If I raise it up to the highest position (about 2" higher), the way they have the wind channeled it sucks out much the heat from the foot wells. I would guess at highway speeds, at least around a 60% reduction in heat when the shield is up. I am amazed how well it works! I may run something else for later in fall and early in the spring, but once it starts getting warm out thru when winter starts to show up.... it will forever be my "go to" shield.

• While not as cheap as venting using shop vac hose or similar, I have the best of both worlds now. With the MadStad windshield I have (7", I don't think they make it any longer, but 9" would probably be better) if I have it lowered I only get wind in the forehead up for the most part and the heat stays in the foot wells. If I raise it up to the highest position (about 2" higher), the way they have the wind channeled it sucks out much the heat from the foot wells. I would guess at highway speeds, at least around a 60% reduction in heat when the shield is up. I am amazed how well it works! I may run something else for later in fall and early in the spring, but once it starts getting warm out thru when winter starts to show up.... it will forever be my "go to" shield.

I had not seen one of those before- interesting design. Adjustable too!🙂

• hold on there EjFord slow down on the mods, two mods in one picture. Alpha suspension and the funnel cooling. Hope all is well and looking forward to seeing you next week in the poconos :thumbsup:

• EjFord THAT is exactly the photo that I needed. I remembered that you had a funnel in there somewhere, just couldn’t remember where it went or the hose routing. Thanks, you just saved me some more mod money.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• The Polaris OEM double bubble windshields I installed earlier this summer completely eliminated any dead air in the foot area. When the slingshot is moving at all I can feel the air swirling around my ankles and legs - - - for $65 might just be the best mod yet

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield + Misc Goodies

• Here is a short video double DIN head unit mounting kit for model years 2015-2017 (modification needed) NO MODIFICATION NEEDED for 2018 & 2019 models (no drilling or cutting) I will offer this after my vacation.

• The Polaris OEM double bubble windshields I installed earlier this summer completely eliminated any dead air in the foot area. When the slingshot is moving at all I can feel the air swirling around my ankles and legs - - - for $65 might just be the best mod yet

Then change them out in the fall when it starts getting cool out?

• Then change them out in the fall when it starts getting cool out?

I have not made that decision yet. I have my stock SL blade windshield sitting on a shelf and I will decide this winter - Here in the desert even in our coldest months the average high is in the 70's so I may decide just to keep the double bubbles year round - it will probably depend more on how wet I get in the rain - the blade was pretty good at directing the rain up over me when moving not sure if the bubbles will be as good or if not will it be enough of a difference to warrant the change

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield + Misc Goodies

• EjFord THAT is exactly the photo that I needed. I remembered that you had a funnel in there somewhere, just couldn’t remember where it went or the hose routing. Thanks, you just saved me some more mod money.

In Bristol I will show you #3 set up --- wont show in pics but puts air into one of the holes break/clutch... same type of system...