What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Hey! gooseman you want to come down and install for me. I just installed another button and pin yesterday. I think this make the 4th or 5th set. Now I have 3 different hood pin sets. Two sets are keyed and the one I got yesterday is the same one used by Slingrazor . Sometime in the future One of the keyed or the clip one " WILL" be installed.

• Well thanks to rabtech posting his hood latches i went and ordered some. My second set of minrons were worn and after trying bigdogs suggestion and having my fenders pointing straight up in the sky like volcans ears i made the first cut and that was that i was on my way. I used a mini grinder with a carbide bit for aluminum and gently cut to my lines. Just so you know i use to be a die developer in the tool and die industry and carved decorative duck decoys for yrs so a die grinder is second nature to me. Anyways i got everything in and seems to fit well but as rabtech mentioned you need longer screws and when i went to fastnel they wont have them for me till Wed. Oh well raining here for a few days so thats fine. Here are the pictures. As stated this requires you cutting into the hood and structure so if you are planning on trying this look and measure three times and go easy

If you cranked those bumpers up that high...you went way overboard....

• Nope i was a goose guide for hunting for many yrs and got to be use to being called the gooseman by many clients so it stuck over the yrs. hunted from Texas to Saskatchewan and all over Ontario. Got to the point i never wanted to see another goose but that was yrs ago and now just hunt for myself and my son

• Nope i was a goose guide for hunting for many yrs and got to be use to being called the gooseman by many clients so it stuck over the yrs. hunted from Texas to Saskatchewan and all over Ontario. Got to the point i never wanted to see another goose but that was yrs ago and now just hunt for myself and my son

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• the heat down here is getting stiffing. So, thought I’d add some ventilation to the footwells.

Got some 2 1/2” vacuum hose, cut to length and zip tied onto position. We’ll see if it does any good today. Temps to run to 95 and humidity around 95-99. Five minutes ago it was 81* and 95%.

My choice of vacuum hose.

Driver side install.

Passenger side. We’ll see how well it works.

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• At that location there is very little air flow thru that hose, not really worth the trouble. I made a scoop that cover all of those top holes. Was not worth the trouble. If you do what I am running now on the mirror stalk for the past 3 years. This works with plenty of air flow. This is actually the fourth gen. for me trying to get air in the foot well and the only one that worked.

• I ran the flex hose to the front just behind the spoiler, then I put a vaccum floor nozzle on it to act as a scoop to force more air in. I put another floor nozzle on the other end and screwed it to the firewall above and in front of the glove box. Drilled holes in that location and it dumps air in the passenger footwell.

LC

• your temps sound great to me, but that humidity would kill me - - normal humidity around here is 10 - 15% and people freak out and complain when we hit 30%

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield + Misc Goodies

• I ran the flex hose to the front just behind the spoiler, then I put a vaccum floor nozzle on it to act as a scoop to force more air in. I put another floor nozzle on the other end and screwed it to the firewall above and in front of the glove box. Drilled holes in that location and it dumps air in the passenger footwell.

LC

That is the best location, EjFord has been running that location for years. I was going to use the same location but could not mount the air box/scoop in the location that I wanted. I was using an electrical 2 inch pvc LB box cut in half as the scoop, which also what I used as the collector on the fender to cover all of the holes at the top of the fender. Like I said there is not enough free air to make it worth while to build something.

• I am trying to avoid anymore holes in the flame wall. This did add a little flow to the driver side, not much. But a little.

Looks like I need to spend some time and drill a few holes to get the flow I want. Just too darned hot today.

John
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

SOG supporter

• Big dog you need help my man, there is not enough thread on the bumper pads and there is no way to stop the flapping by just adjusting the latches and bumpers. Give it up dude and move on already

Here is s picture of my bumper adjusted up tight against the bottom of the fender.

There is still a lot of threads left on the bumper.

Here is my front hood latch. See how low it is? This pulls the hood down tighter.

If your fenders flap its not my fault. It’s self inflicted. My problem is fixed.

• There is a kit sold on Amazon or E-Bay That mounts on the tube at the foot well. It is like an air scoop about 10 inches long on the outside which is mounted over a 3 inch hole I believe and also you can open and close the vent from the inside. I think Summer Breeze said it was sold as a Slingshot vent and has it installed on his SS. He says that it works. I will see if he still has the info where he ordered from when he gets back home.

• Installed a set of Vozada Headlights. H11 LED lights into the center lamps of Ruby.

These are 4-sided, 36 watt equivalent COB LEDs. They put out 8000 lumens, about twice as bright as the OEM halogen bulbs. Instead of a warm 4000K (yellow-white) light, these throw out a blue-white 6000K light. They come with round glass covers that can change the light to blue or yellow if you wish, but I figured that the covers would add heat & shorten the bulb life, so I left them off.

Install was dead simple... once I figured out that the 3-lug fittings were asymmetrical! The top lug is a bit wider than the other two.

Unplug the old bulbs and plug these in, they have an adapter that ensures there is no flicker or other electrical issues. Looking forward to trying them tonight and taking the Captain out for Pizza! Also very pleased that between these and my light bar, my drive to work which is in the dark for most of the school year, will be much safer.

For $29 & free shipping, these were a bargain!

Vozada H8/H9/H11 Headlights

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P…?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Not yet officially a mod. I have been looking at these wheels for a few months but just couldn't pull the trigger until i found this site.

https://www.customwheelsexpress.com/

Got a set of (4)

Motegi Racing MR137 Hyper Silver Custom Wheels Rims

(MR137 18x9.50 :: 5x114.3 :: 45 / MR13789512445) = $362.00

With a free set of Lug Nuts and Free Delivery

That was 1/2 off any other price.....!

Waiting on shipping confirmation

• John, I used a couple of big funnels (scoops) on the front of the hose. I like it.

• LargeCar

"I ran the flex hose to the front just behind the spoiler, then I put a vaccum floor nozzle on it to act as a scoop to force more air in. I put another floor nozzle on the other end and screwed it to the firewall above and in front of the glove box. Drilled holes in that location and it dumps air in the passenger footwell."

Pictures Please.

Thanks

Barry