What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Dang that is beautiful :thumbsup:

by any chance did you get a chance to throw in on a dyno before and after the rear end change??

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield + Misc Goodies

• Finally got to install my racks that I welded together, I had to make something that would work with my top and the rear windrestrictor. Made them to help keep my meansling bags from sitting down on the humps and rubbing the paint. Powder coated them to match.

Very nice Rack, did you make it from Steel or Aluminum?

• Very nice Rack, did you make it from Steel or Aluminum?

They are not hard to make at all, you can cut them out and maybe have someone that you know to weld them up. I made my 13 sets out of 1/2 inch square steel tubing and a small piece of 1/4 or 3/8 inch plate. They work perfect for the 10 x 20 or so tube sissy bar bag they also work perfect for the small or medium what I call upright sissy bar bag. The good thing about these is that they look good and are small enough to leave on the SS for carrying a 12 packer cooler or a place to put your helmet or a case of beer. I had a local fab shop make 12 of them and powder coat for $125 each

• Got my Hawk 5.0 brake pads installed today. Night and day difference. I now feel if I happen to get into a emergency situation (hope not), I will be able to stop much quicker. Thanks to all of you on the forum for all the advice. Couldn’t have done it without it. This forum rocks, so much knowledge and more than willing to share it. :thumbsup:

:SUNSETSS:

• I was feeling pretty good this morning so I made it a DDM install day. I added a dual gauge pod with boost and air/fuel gauges, fuel cap, upholstery and decal.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• That looks awesome! Well done. Can you elaborate on the upholstery please.

Glad you are feeling and doing better 🙂

DDM sells padded arm rests and padded console rests. My wife purchased these for my birthday. They are black marine grade materials with colored stitching of your choice. They are applied with double sided 3 M tape. Gives it that plush look.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Harvey ( Bu11sh1t ) hooked me up with a windshield he has but wasn't going to use. My original SL windshield had lost some of the hard coat from years and miles, and was getting cloudy in spots. This is a 7" Madstad that I installed. I don't have pics, as we went riding after the install and didn't get home until late (install was done in a gas station parking lot about 2 1/2 hours from either of our homes). The look has grown on me, but the function.....

i can't say enough good about this windshield! Lower it and most of the wind is deflected up, likely about the same wind I'd get with the stock windshield. But raise it up to the highest setting..... it's almost like I had air conditioning! Great airflow without getting beat up by wind, and took a great amount of the cockpit heat out of there! It was 91-93 degrees, and when I'd go under the shade from the trees, it actually felt very cool!

Thanks to Harvey and his wife Diana for bringing it down!

• I've got an on going project for a T-top. I ordered it on June 2nd 2019 I waited a month for delivery and when I asked when it would be shipped the answer was always next week. I canceled the order and like a fool I re-ordered the top 3 weeks ago. Guess what. The order will ship next week. I don't know if I should wait or cancel the order again. This deal has made me very angry and frustrated. I just had to tell someone because I could not keep my frustration bottled up inside me. Please forgive me for venting on the forum but I just had to let it out.

• I've got an on going project for a T-top. I ordered it on June 2nd 2019 I waited a month for delivery and when I asked when it would be shipped the answer was always next week. I canceled the order and like a fool I re-ordered the top 3 weeks ago. Guess what. The order will ship next week. I don't know if I should wait or cancel the order again. This deal has made me very angry and frustrated. I just had to tell someone because I could not keep my frustration bottled up inside me. Please forgive me for venting on the forum but I just had to let it out.

I dont know what exactly you ordered, but if I am not mistaken many if not most of these tops are made to order, especially if you are ordering colors to match or coordinate with your slingshot or any other of the options that might be offered. It takes time to build some of these things and this can be exasperated if the item has to be sent out to a third party for things such as powder coating

Remember most of these companies that we are dealing with are small mom & pop operations that cant afford to be maintaining large inventories of unsold products.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield + Misc Goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I dont know what exactly you ordered, but if I am not mistaken many if not most of these tops are made to order, especially if you are ordering colors to match or coordinate with your slingshot or any other of the options that might be offered. It takes time to build some of these things and this can be exasperated if the item has to be sent out to a third party for things such as powder coating

Remember most of these companies that we are dealing with are small mom & pop operations that cant afford to be maintaining large inventories of unsold products.

Also

Amazon has really spoiled a lot of people. I have had some issues on and off with getting products...and you just kind of roll with the punches. There isn't exactly a store you can go to and check the inventory. It's kind of the reason that for any of my big purchases I hit the shows. Vendors bring what they have on hand and what they can fit in their trailer. Sometimes the inventory is limited...sometimes it's great. I know for my first top...it was in stock and it still took 3...almost 4 weeks to get. Just kind of the nature of things when dealing with a small production vehicle. Ask some of the Vanderhaul guys...and it takes 6-8 weeks to just get a glovebox panel.

CO D12

Hahn SST stage 2X PRP Seats Sparco Steering Wheel (Not SLR) w/ NRG 3.0 Quick release Canadian Headlight R-Shot Accessories Windscreen Rear Protection Plate by Slinglow NASCAR Windshield Kenwood Double DIN SSV head pods with Polk DB 6.5"s SSV Works Subwoofer enclosure w/10" JL Audio Kenwood Amps Slingshot Side Storage 11 Piece Mat Kit TD Canvas top TD lip spoiler 22" Asanti Wheels TD sway bar TD shifter boot cover & parking brake Graphics by AMR Racing QA1 front TrakHamr rear

• No single aftermarket parts/accessory supplier is bigger than Polaris....you have to wait to get parts from them. No dealer stocks every color slingshot or parts for slingshots....

That’s one of the reasons warranty work takes so long. They have to wait for Polaris to deliver them.

Maybe talking to the different suppliers to see if the item is on stock or needs to be ordered before ordering would help.

• No single aftermarket parts/accessory supplier is bigger than Polaris....you have to wait to get parts from them. No dealer stocks every color slingshot or parts for slingshots....

That’s one of the reasons warranty work takes so long. They have to wait for Polaris to deliver them.

Maybe talking to the different suppliers to see if the item is on stock or needs to be ordered before ordering would help.

So even you can make sense once in a while.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.