What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • SlingLow I don't think I could ever do marriage counseling anyway. I would be laughing at too many things that I thought were trivial and yet here this wonderful couple are sitting in front of me wanting advice and help because they cant seem to get past their indifferences. So laughing at the absolute wrong moments would inevitably put me in court and yeah don't want to go there lol.

• and after she finds out I need a lawyer that is on retainer so that he can assist in the divorce proceedings lol.

I used to have the problem with my wife (now ex-). Then I told her, it was the (insert vehicle here) Club or the Strip Club.

After a while, she figured out the Strip Club would have taken less of my money and my time and she would have known where I was at all times!

• According to this thread over on TDS - https://www.slingshotforums.co…-for-na-slingshots.11071/, there is still a discount available if you want to add Bob's tune to your normally-aspirated Slingshot. The code has typically changed the last two numbers to indicate the current year, meaning the code is now (hopefully) SSFORUM19. If you're thinking about getting the NA tune, I believe most folks add new exhaust & header as well as a CAI for maximum impact. Read the thread for info on Bob's NA tune.

• I had to learn basic typing in the Army as part of my radio intercept training back in the early 70s. I'd probably still be in that damned class if the instructor hadn't taken pity on me and let me practice a lot for the test! My problem now is my fingers are faster than the cheapo keyboard I have and I tend to place a 'T' that should be the first letter of 't'he, for example, attached to the end of the previous word and then have a space for the last two letters ('he') and I don't always notice when I do that.

My Wife and I tolerate spell-check, but don't necessarily trust it. She was testing a voice-to-text app on her phone and a message from her heart doc, Dr. Grieco, ended up in her text message as Dr. Dickless! We still have a good laugh over it, but still haven't figured out how it managed to transcribe Grieco to Dickless!:)

As far as my main Slingshot project this week, after spending several hours trying to remove the 3 T-40 Torx screws that I thought held the the lower steering column cover on, my Daughter took a better look and used a much smaller hex key to remove the 2 bolts I was about to use Dynamite on! I swear I saw a video that said there were 3 T-40 screws, but I couldn't find the video later. She was able to get a better look at them than I could. I felt like the size was wrong, but I was so damned sure I needed a T-40 after removing the one T-40 that is used there. At least I know which wires to tap to bypass the broken clock spring and install a horn button somewhere on the column or in the dash so I can pass inspection and renew my tags. (Just had to edit where I had "int he" instead of "in the" in the last sentence.;)

I can hear it over the loud speaker now “calling dr dickless please report to the OR”

• SlingLow I don't think I could ever do marriage counseling anyway. I would be laughing at too many things that I thought were trivial and yet here this wonderful couple are sitting in front of me wanting advice and help because they cant seem to get past their indifferences. So laughing at the absolute wrong moments would inevitably put me in court and yeah don't want to go there lol.

Marriage counseling is ok until they start blaming you.

• I can hear it over the loud speaker now “calling dr dickless please report to the OR”

That reminds me of a totally off-topic but funny (to me) story of my corporate controller days. I have a good friend that I had a running joke with. We would call each other's office and ask the receptionist to connect us. When asked for our name we would make a play on the name Richard to see if the other would catch it. We went through Richard (Dick) Large, Richard Little, Richard Head, Richard Hunglo, Richard Face, Richard Licker and countless others. One day I got a call from a Richard Limburger. I thought, 'that's a good one' and answered the phone, 'How ya doin' Dick Cheese?' It was my Boss's attorney. It didn't go over well.

In my defense I was much younger then. But I still haven't grown up...:D

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, it's The Show!8)

• That reminds me of a totally off-topic but funny (to me) story of my corporate controller days. I have a good friend that I had a running joke with. We would call each other's office and ask the receptionist to connect us. When asked for our name we would make a play on the name Richard to see if the other would catch it. We went through Richard (Dick) Large, Richard Little, Richard Head, Richard Hunglo, Richard Face, Richard Licker and countless others. One day I got a call from a Richard Limburger. I thought, 'that's a good one' and answered the phone, 'How ya doin' Dick Cheese?' It was my Boss's attorney. It didn't go over well.

In my defense I was much younger then. But I still haven't grown up...:D

That is absolutely hysterical....

• I just covered my rear end.

Thanks to slinglow.

I did this by myself with the welter duel exhaust in place. But I would highly recommend two people. Full disclosure I had one of the push pin holes half a hole off. It must have slipped when I was marking the location.

Also I did many practice placements without the 3m tape on it to make sure I got it right.

I also used the 3m tape primer so you only get one shot.

• It was less than $5 and works well.

I was strolling though Lowes this afternoon.....and remembered your post... So i picked one up, Fits like it belongs......I don't need it, But you never ''know''? i'll keep it in the glove box for the time i'll ''know''......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• I don't know if I'll order anything else for my SS. I ordered a T Top on June 2nd and still have not received it. It's kinda left a bad taste in my mouth if you know what I mean. I am Very disappointed

There is another solution ....

When you buy any mods buy some other ones. Then you will have stuff to do while you wait for the other mods to arrive. Never just buy one mod at a time.

I have mods lined up in the cellar waiting to get to.

• After realizing my Slingshot registration/tags expired at the end of May=O and then being told I'd fail my vehicle inspection since my horn didn't work:cursing:, I finally got around to bypassing the broken clock spring. After spending several frustrating hours trying to removing the 3 T-40 screws holding the lower steering column cover in place, my Daughter got a better look and told me the two remaining screws were not T-40, but T-25. She got them out real quick. After the first screw was a T-40, I kept thinking the other 2 were, too, even though I couldn't seem to get the T-40 bit to hook-up with the screws. Anyway, I then tapped into both wires going to the clock spring and connected them to a Dorman Conduct-Tite 8 Amp Waterproof Momentary Contact Switch (# 84822, $9.99 at Oreilly's Auto Parts). The switch has screw-down terminals for easy connection and I used a bullet connector in each 12" wire going to the switch so I could easily disconnect the wires if I ever needed to remove the steering column lower cover. I installed the new switch a couple inches or so closer to the driver than the ignition key (see pic). The Slingshot passed inspection and I got my tag/registration renewed.:thumbsup: If I had waited until Monday, I would have been forced to go the the County Tax office about 15 miles away and probably would have needed to wait a couple hours.:cursing:

I guess I need to try and give my Slingshot a good cleaning.

• After realizing my Slingshot registration/tags expired at the end of May=O and then being told I'd fail my vehicle inspection since my horn didn't work:cursing:, I finally got around to bypassing the broken clock spring. After spending several frustrating hours trying to removing the 3 T-40 screws holding the lower steering column cover in place, my Daughter got a better look and told me the two remaining screws were not T-40, but T-25. She got them out real quick. After the first screw was a T-40, I kept thinking the other 2 were, too, even though I couldn't seem to get the T-40 bit to hook-up with the screws. Anyway, I then tapped into both wires going to the clock spring and connected them to a Dorman Conduct-Tite 8 Amp Waterproof Momentary Contact Switch (# 84822, $9.99 at Oreilly's Auto Parts). The switch has screw-down terminals for easy connection and I used a bullet connector in each 12" wire going to the switch so I could easily disconnect the wires if I ever needed to remove the steering column lower cover. I installed the new switch a couple inches or so closer to the driver than the ignition key (see pic). The Slingshot passed inspection and I got my tag/registration renewed.:thumbsup: If I had waited until Monday, I would have been forced to go the the County Tax office about 15 miles away and probably would have needed to wait a couple hours.:cursing:

I guess I need to try and give my Slingshot a good cleaning.

I will say we do have a bunch of really stupid laws and rules here in California, but at least I don't have deal with any inspections on my Slingshot - motorcycles at this time are still exempt from such things

As a side note I don't think it counts a s a mod, but I did repair two bike tires today :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield + Misc Goodies

• I will say we do have a bunch of really stupid laws and rules here in California, but at least I don't have deal with any inspections on my Slingshot - motorcycles at this time are still exempt from such things

As a side note I don't think it counts a s a mod, but I did repair two bike tires today :)

The guy just wanted to see that my horn, turn signals, brake and headlights all work. When I rode 2 wheels, they also usually had a short strip to accelerate and then stop as quickly as possible to verify the brakes were working properly, but I haven't had to do that since I bought my Slingshot.

Unfortunately, now that I can legally operate my Slingshot again, it looks like 50% chance of rain until the Fourth!:( I usually don't go riding unless the roads are dry and the chance of rain is lower than 20-30% or so (too many hydroplane incidents to willingly go out on wet roads).

6.30.2019 Update - With any luck, I might get a chance to ride tonight.

Edited once, last by BKL ().