What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Doc&Ruby Sent you a pm

• Here's a couple of pics of my slingshot that I modeled after the old TV Batmobile. Its been updated even further with new seats and a quad tip rear exhaust that I painted red inside the tips just like the Barris Batmobile. I also switched the pinstriping from red to a red chrome that I found on ebay that matched the red chrome on the wheels real well. I'll update the pic after my next detail of the sling.

The double bubble windscreen would be more fitting but I don't think I would like the cyclone effect in the cockpit.

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• edwardaneal don't forget to post what the double bubbles feel like with the top up also. Thanks.

I will just as soon as I put a few miles on them. Just to be sure I could judge them on their own I drove last week with no windshield - this way I can see how much do compared to nothing and also compared to the blade. Figured this would tell me more than going straight from the blade to the bubbles

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield + Misc Goodies

• I know that I did that with the JRI's - - - mounted the back one upside down and switched the bushings - - it was in the install video from Slingmods to do this so that the height adjustment was accessible and not behind the back panel

pretty sure that gas shocks can be mounted in any direction, but I am not sure if on the fronts the bushings need to be switched like they do on the rear

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield + Misc Goodies

• Just curious SoCal have you or wokka measured your nose piece from the bottom of nose to the ground...?? I’m at 5 inches on both sides just curious if this is to low....? I ran kinda hard thru some curves yesterday just to see if I would bottom out and I didn’t just curious were y’all nose is on the ride height........

• I know that I did that with the JRI's - - - mounted the back one upside down and switched the bushings - - it was in the install video from Slingmods to do this so that the height adjustment was accessible and not behind the back panel

pretty sure that gas shocks can be mounted in any direction, but I am not sure if on the fronts the bushings need to be switched like they do on the rear

seeing that video is what prompted my question. Being the average Joe I don’t see how it would matter but the geometry of it might be an issue having what appears to be the weaker portion of the shock on the bottom as opposed to the top.

• Just curious SoCal have you or wokka measured your nose piece from the bottom of nose to the ground...?? I’m at 5 inches on both sides just curious if this is to low....? I ran kinda hard thru some curves yesterday just to see if I would bottom out and I didn’t just curious were y’all nose is on the ride height........

No I have not but measurements will be the first thing I do before I start this. I will tackle this sometime this week and today I’m just being lazy 😎

• Ok, Y'all. Ya' ain't gonna believe this chit! (You know this is gonna be a good story when you hear that in Texas.)

Did lots of mods today (see below). But first: One of the mods I did was hook up the front and rear cameras. I had ran the wiring before but wanted to wait until the roof/windshield were installed to finish it. And here's the "YAGBTC" part:

THEY WORKED PERFECTLY THE FIRST TIME!

Couldn't believe it. I was so dreading trying to get these cameras to work (based upon the cameras I put on previous SS), that I held these till the last mod of the day. And they worked right up.

So back to chronological order, started on the SS at about 5am (couldn't sleep after 2am).

Dealer installed the roof and windshield. (Still missing all the wheels/tires, sway bar, shocks, and rear tail)

Installed rear belt guard.

Installed front grill teeth.

Got front dash cam (controlled by stereo) and rear back up camera's working

Installed koozees around the cup holders (no pics)

Installed front eyebrow lights/blinkers. (These also turn to amber sequential blinks but I gotta learn how to insert a video:)

Installed R-Shot rear Mesh WindRestrictor

And then I washed it and put a big decal on the front hood. But I'm not real happy with the decal so I'm not going to show pics.

Finally mod was adding the TxTag Toll Road ID Tag (to automatically charge our tolls on these gol'durn expensive roads). (Again no pics since it has my tag # on it). But LITERALLY, as I finished up that and was throwing the label wrapper in the trash, my daughter pulls up and say "Daddy, wanna go to dinner?".

All in all, a great day!

• I keep seeing the advertisement for the WindResistor, does anyone have one and do they work as advertised?

Okay Wonderdog , got the R-Shot Mesh Windrestrictor installed. I know this isn't the solid WR you are asking about, but at least it's a start.

Some caveat's: I knew on this SS that I was going to be going for minimum wind in the cabin area. So I've got a TD Gull Wing Roof and a TD/Madstad 13" Adjustable windshield too. Drove the SS home from the dealer with those 2 installed yesterday and the wind was down about 80%. Still some wind coming in from the center of the dash under the WS so I adjusted that down to about 1" off the dash (lowest setting available without modifications).

Then I added the R-Shot to the back, installing them per the instructions (which BTW R-Shot, those are the BEST DANG INSTRUCTIONS I have ever seen). Then took it for a test drive.

WOW! 99% reduction in wind in the cabin. In fact, it's probably a little too much reduced (started to get hot in that cab). There was more air coming in from behind the seats than from in front. May play with the WS height to see if I can get a balance.

Let's put it this way. Stereo was blasting and daughter and I could still talk (albeit loudly) at 70 MPH (legal on some roads here in Tx).

• Might want to look into Baker 'Air Wings' for some air control. Mine attach to the windshield (love them) but with top they have some that attach to the top braces... Bring some cool air in and keep some cold out.

• I finally installed the gauges in my Sling. Purchased all of the gauges in November, but never had the time to get them installed. Special thanks to V-SHOT for all of his help installing the gauges. Thanks to Jdin and Dave@DDMWorks for their advise during the install. Water temp, Boost, and AFR gauges installed.

• VERY Happy to hear of the Results with the R-Shot Mesh Windscreen. I really do work at having instructions that are CRYSTAL CLEAR... and I LOVE Pictures LOL - thanks again for your business, enjoy this summers rides.

Lewis