What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • finally got my K&N air filter in from O'Reilly's - took about a week but worth the wait. I decided to go with the "high performance" filter, #RC-2530, about $70. The only issue I had installing was that the support stud on the OEM filter was metric.... K&N being American made used a SAE thread on the stud. I hot a funny look at the hardware store asking for ONE 1/4-20 nut & lock washer! Owner gave me a freebie when he saw what it was for.... I also got a free sermon on the evils of the gol durn metric system!!! 😄

Along with the new Cooper Zeon tire on the back, and the ZZP header, muffler, and tune, adding a good filter to the CAI was the last performance mod I'll be making for awhile!

Really happy with the results!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Happy Father's day to me!

So no, it isn't really installed yet, just propped it in there with a 9v battery taped to it. But I'm loving this custom grill! Will get it on the interior led switch...

Interested in one? Reach out to pugstechnyc@gmail.com or visit the site pugstechdesigns.com

He also makes light up tailfin emblems... 😎

• I’m good for 100,000 miles

I found the sweet leather, fleece lined dickie.....nice wind cutter....keeps my neck toasty

$15 on eBay....I assume it’s a vintage piece....not sure..I wear it under a hoodie...

Ordered a cam adjuster nut cover from MYTOY.... :thumbsup:

And this Bullet Speed E-Brake Caliper Cover for the Polaris Slingshot Black

And with my points and a gift card I got these free

• Sometimes....

You wish Tripod would respond.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red...

• If you ever put fangs on the front of that I’ll only ride with you in my other vehicle

:00008359::00008359::00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Since you are coming from a Blade(what I have) can you tell me whether you get more or less air to the face.

Can you ride with a hat on without it wanting to fly away?

I dug out my old Kromer Cap from 30 years ago when I did factory work. Looks like its been really abused after all these years but it stays on in the wind and when Semi Trucks pass. I keep seeing the advertisement for the WindResistor, does anyone have one and do they work as advertised?

• Personally I like having the vendors I do business with having a presence on this forum - I think it creates a relationship that goes beyond the customer / client thing. I like that many of the people who have made the products I have purchased were people I considered to be friends before I ever bought the product.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• Being one of the “really old timers” around the Slingshot community it has really been a pleasure to watch the aftermarket guys gain in numbers and work their magic. I can remember when Slingmods had like 5 things and you checked back every day to see if there was something new. As the vendors grew in numbers I had the privilege of meeting many (severely lightening my wallet) but always having a pleasant buying experience along with making many new friends along the way. I must say after riding Harleys for 40 years the whole Slingshot experience has far surpassed that in fun & friends. Well done everybody!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Being one of the “really old timers” around the Slingshot community it has really been a pleasure to watch the aftermarket guys gain in numbers and work their magic. I can remember when Slingmods had like 5 things and you checked back every day to see if there was something new. As the vendors grew in numbers I had the privilege of meeting many (severely lightening my wallet) but always having a pleasant buying experience along with making many new friends along the way. I must say after riding Harleys for 40 years the whole Slingshot experience has far surpassed that in fun & friends. Well done everybody!!

I'll second that motion from the Gold Wing side of the table.....

• Doc&Ruby would you consider using Fuelly to track your MPG, personally I have found that the on board computer is very inaccurate when calculating MPGs, it never matches what hard math puts out, as in real numbers being lower than what it says.

Okay, for Neosolidus , Kyle D , dangerdarrell ,et al...

Here's the fuelly.com screenshot for today's driving. I took two trips:

One was city driving to Walmart in Fayetteville & back for groceries. Second trip was a fun run with the Captain. Out AR 16 east to AR 23 north (upper Pig Trail) into Huntsville, then AR 74 west back to Elkins. 92 miles total.

Fuelly gives me 30.2 mpg

On board computer said 28.0 mpg when I stopped for gas.

Either way, I'm pretty damn happy with that!

-- Doc

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I dug out my old Kromer Cap from 30 years ago when I did factory work. Looks like its been really abused after all these years but it stays on in the wind and when Semi Trucks pass. I keep seeing the advertisement for the WindResistor, does anyone have one and do they work as advertised?

I just got one of R-Shot's Mesh WRs for the rear. I'll mount it today and let you know.

• edwardaneal don't forget to post what the double bubbles feel like with the top up also. Thanks.

I'm not Edward, but I can tell you my experience with them. I ran them for a few weeks back in 2015. The amount of wind flowing into the cockpit and the way it flows is a real eye opener. I had a half full big gulp cup in the cup holder. Didn't give much thoughts about it and was doing about 70 mph when I caught something out of my right side. I looked over in time to see the cup floating in mid air and doing a Linda Blair in the Exorcist movie. The cup did a turn or two rotation. I did the dumb thing and slowed down as it came crashing down spilling everything all over the interior. No, it wasn't water inside the cup. Have you ever tried to clean up 25 ounces of Diet Coke from inside a slingshot? Thank God I was close to a self serve car wash and that the interior is waterproof!!!

Never be held prisoner to your past. It was a life lesson - NOT a life SENTENCE

• Ever since I bought my double bubbles from a "certain" someone down here in FL, I put them on and have NEVER taken them off.

With the heat down here they are the only way I will drive it now,

I gotta have my wind. And with them, you get friggin' wind, LOL

And Funinthesun is right about the whirlwind effect.

I took it to my local Polaris dealer to get the recalls done, and I have a YETI that was in the back cup holder with a silicone straw in it. I reached back to get it, and I guess the way i grabbed it and the wind was blowing, it created a suction in the cup, and all of a sudden my whole side was sprayed with sweet tea.

After I got my new back up camera installed I stopped by Wendys to get a 4for4 meal and decided to bring their soft mushy fries back to my dog, so I stuck the fries in the front cup holder.

Bad Idea.

When I hit 3rd gear (about 40) I saw the fries about shoulder height doing somersaults and then distributing themselves all over the inside. With a good amount of them ending up in the gearshift boot, LOL

But I would not do away with the double bubbles. The air flow is just too important to me.

BTW, the Polaris dealer offered me a whole 10k for my used 2015 fast grey with EXTREMELY low miles, all the SL options, QA1's and rear lighted windscreen if I traded it for a Ranger 900 crew cab that was 15k.

I literally laughed at him.