What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Doc&Ruby would you consider using Fuelly to track your MPG, personally I have found that the on board computer is very inaccurate when calculating MPGs, it never matches what hard math puts out, as in real numbers being lower than what it says.

To me is baffling how some of you get that high of an MPG either my gas sucks or my sling is the thirstiest of the bunch, my best ever mpg on highway while babying the throttle was 28.8 mpg.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I got around 28-30 mpg when I initially bought my 2015 Base Slingshot w/the Blade windshield. Adding a TD Top and switching to the MadStad 13" Single Adjustable windshield caused my mileage to drop to around 26-28 and adding my Hahn Stage 2 turbo kit caused another drop to around 25-27 mpg.

• I agree with dangerdarrell

I’m not boosted but it is interesting riding with Ghost fueling up at the same time to see the difference in fuel consumption.....it’s not much different than boosted and not boosted and Ghost can tell you how he’ drives when we both ride together. He can play when he wants to and I can’t keep up,....😖🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈.....

• Added some small mods today. A axle nut cover and a parking brake cover. Not a mod, but I changed my angle drive gear oil. Happy to say, I didn’t have any metal chunks on the drain plug magnet, just a goo build up. (Little over 3000 miles) Thanks to you guys for suggesting to purchase a quart bottle pump. It worked perfectly.

• I would have been perfectly happy to lose 3-4 mpg as a trade off for the ZZP tune's performance boost. Very surprised & delighted with the milage boost.

I'll be keeping track of it over time.

Just when I think I know of all the mods out there and what ones are out of reach or not you come up with this ZZP Tune teaser and now I have to seriously contemplate doing this as well. :/ (It is fun though!)

• Doc&Ruby would you consider using Fuelly to track your MPG, personally I have found that the on board computer is very inaccurate when calculating MPGs, it never matches what hard math puts out, as in real numbers being lower than what it says.

To me is baffling how some of you get that high of an MPG either my gas sucks or my sling is the thirstiest of the bunch, my best ever mpg on highway while babying the throttle was 28.8 mpg.

Neosolidus

I've signed up for a fuelly account (I'm on there as Fizxman [physics man]).

I'm also going to do the old fashioned logbook.

I'll compare the results over the next couple weeks and we'll see how it goes.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Just when I think I know of all the mods out there and what ones are out of reach or not you come up with this ZZP Tune teaser and now I have to seriously contemplate doing this as well. :/ (It is fun though!)

I dont know about the tune, but I love the ZZP exhaust system. and its even priced very well

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield + Misc Goodies

• Just when I think I know of all the mods out there and what ones are out of reach or not you come up with this ZZP Tune teaser and now I have to seriously contemplate doing this as well. :/ (It is fun though!)

For me, the kicker with the tune was $350 vs $3500+ to get boosted. I figured that if I got any significant performance boost I would be waaay ahead for 10% of the price. Even if I felt it was a waste of $$$, $350 wasn't going to give me fits or have the Captain make me sleep with the dogs until next Christmas.

I've had several turbo model cars, hell we own two now. I think this is a very significant performance boost - according to my butt dyno, anyway. I really LIKE how Ruby drives and performs now! Very exciting, but still not out of control. I rode along with Slingrazor last year at Eureka Springs... God bless the man, but he scared me witless! I decided right there I probably didn't want a supercharger 8o.

The call for "MOAR POWA!" as wokka says, still interested me, but now it was down to a tune or a turbo, at 10% of the cost, (or 90% off!) I chose the tune. All things considered, I'm glad I did.

So... you wanna take a ride in Ruby before you decide? ;)

• So... you wanna take a ride in Ruby before you decide? ;)

That would be cool come on over! With the miles you’re putting down it would be a great test run!

Is your motor bone stock with the exception of the tune?

Here’s another thing ZZP tune is in my neighborhood..... This could be dangerous!

• I have a slingshot friend that got that Pedal Max thing installed in Vegas and he says the difference is huge. I asked him, "isnt it just like mashing the pedal? is it really any different?" and he said its way different and that if I drive it I am going to want one - - one of these days I will have to check it out and at least go for a ride in his

you see the numbers in HP gain and some of these mods seem so small, but people who do them love them so I guess in the end butt dyno is what really counts

• I have a slingshot friend that got that Pedal Max thing installed in Vegas and he says the difference is huge. I asked him, "isnt it just like mashing the pedal? is it really any different?" and he said its way different and that if I drive it I am going to want one - - one of these days I will have to check it out and at least go for a ride in his

you see the numbers in HP gain and some of these mods seem so small, but people who do them love them so I guess in the end butt dyno is what really counts

I drove a sling with the pedal max this weekend and the owner drove mine.......night and day is all HE said

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I drove a sling with the pedal max this weekend and the owner drove mine.......night and day is all HE said

My friend has offered to let me drive his, but I haven't really worried about it too much, we both have 2016 SL's but he has put 24 inch wheels all around on his and I suspect that the difference by that alone would make any comparison in acceleration and responsiveness hard to do

• That would be cool come on over! With the miles you’re putting down it would be a great test run!

Is your motor bone stock with the exception of the tune?

Here’s another thing ZZP tune is in my neighborhood.....

Except for ZZP header, muffler, tune, I'm stock. Looking to change out the paper filter on my CAI with a K&N high performance filter this week - again, more air = more power. I think the combo will give me what I want for performance at a total build cost of about $1,200. Good value for the money in my book.

• I agree with dangerdarrell

I’m not boosted but it is interesting riding with Ghost fueling up at the same time to see the difference in fuel consumption.....it’s not much different than boosted and not boosted and Ghost can tell you how he’ drives when we both ride together. He can play when he wants to and I can’t keep up,....😖🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈.....

It is not because you are going backwards is it?

JUST ASKING

Keep Three Wheels Down