What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Did an oil and filter change in preparation for fun times in Maggie Valley... Slingshots in the Smokies 2019.

Clutch fluid was yellowing up, so replaced that with fresh fluid.

Reworked my billet engine caps. Because my engine bay is black and aluminum, the red and black caps stood out like sore thumbs.

Rusty nut coverd...

Looking much better...

Installed my chosen ball shifter after removing the cheap one I was testing to see if I still liked the ball.

Yep, my sling is Red but the light I was using said it's kinda pink... not even.

And I installed this simple but amazing windscreen from Ŕ-SHOT Accessories. Thanks lrobbi !

Got the Bullet Speed canvas top on my 2016 Sling and this windscreen works for me. Don't have to crank the volume on the stereo as high as I was to hear it now.

Conversations with the wife are of lower volume with a lot less 'huh's in them. (When I am paying attention. Hey, somebody's gotta drive... and that would be me.)

Gonna be a short week... looking forward to rolling toward Maggie Valley this next weekend!

Not so much on the packing...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red...

• Packing is the Angle's job....

• Packing is the Angle's job....

You would think.

She calls it packing when she dumps everything she owns into a bag...

I call that moving/relocating.

Packing is when I get to that bag and try to figure out how to get two pair of underwear and a pair

of socks in it without destroying the zipper.

Hope ya got your "gas modding money" ready for next week, EjFord .

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red...

• Good lord you have been BUSY... Looking good!!

• I bought a 3d printer and having a hell of a time getting it to level out right now lol. what print program is the best to use? I have the anycubic3d with heated bed. the print size is 400 mm X 400 mm X 450 mm tall. I want to build a face plate for the radio and switches and some other things for the sling but need a better program than CURA. its not a user friendly program.

• I bought a 3d printer and having a hell of a time getting it to level out right now lol. what print program is the best to use? I have the anycubic3d with heated bed. the print size is 400 mm X 400 mm X 450 mm tall. I want to build a face plate for the radio and switches and some other things for the sling but need a better program than CURA. its not a user friendly program.

You can get a faceplate from me which year is yours?

This is for 2015 - 2017

This is for year 2018 & UP no cutting or drilling.

I use Autocad for my designs. You are correct, CURA is just for viewing in my opinion as it offers no real functionality.

I have never had an issue Leveling out like you describe, what exactly is your's doing? Feel free to PM me if you want to take this offline.

Thanks,

• they have some models that I want to print out as soon as I know its level and printing right. but I want a program that I can make my own models with and cura or matter control just isn't it. I am still trying to figure out MM to inches so that I can get my measurements correct lol

• they have some models that I want to print out as soon as I know its level and printing right. but I want a program that I can make my own models with and cura or matter control just isn't it. I am still trying to figure out MM to inches so that I can get my measurements correct lol

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• lol yeah so far I have had to go to google every time I want to figure out the dimensions. I wanted to build a lego plate for my son and it was 5 3/8" by 8 1/2" so I had to go to google to convert it to MM in order to get the slicer program to load a model for me. Was hoping there was a cad program or slicer program out there that automatically converted it but that is a dream apparently lol.

• lol yeah so far I have had to go to google every time I want to figure out the dimensions. I wanted to build a lego plate for my son and it was 5 3/8" by 8 1/2" so I had to go to google to convert it to MM in order to get the slicer program to load a model for me. Was hoping there was a cad program or slicer program out there that automatically converted it but that is a dream apparently lol.

SolidWorks does do that not cheap so just around $ 4,000.00 to 8,000.00 :thumbsup::00008172::00008040:

• I put the Coll over shocks JRI [Pre tuned 2 way adjustable] from Slingmods last week ....Only have a hundred miles or so on them.... And already i noticed a Major improvement over the stock pogo sticks...:thumbsup:...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......