What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Yep, like someone posted above, that was your clock spring, so your horn will no longer work. Your choices are replace the clock spring (just under $100 or so, or add a new horn switch on the steering column or dash that doesn't require a clock spring.

frankly if I did the steering wheel and messed up the clock spring I think I would just remove it and not have a horn - horn is pretty much worthless already

The horn may not be that powerful, but I've had need of some method on all my vehicles of warning people who have started drifting into my lane.

• Yep, like someone posted above, that was your clock spring, so your horn will no longer work. Your choices are replace the clock spring (just under $100 or so, or add a new horn switch on the steering column or dash that doesn't require a clock spring.

The horn may not be that powerful, but I've had need of some method on all my vehicles of warning people who have started drifting into my lane.

BKL

Luckily my horn still works fine, that may only be for a little bit or possibly longer, but I'll end up getting to fixing it.

Maybe look for a better horn and do them both

• All that CF sure looks sweet, I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield + Misc Goodies

• I haven't tried it yet because my second clockspring is still good, but I think just using a longer wire from the horn button to the connector on the column should work without problems. The steering wheel only makes 1 3/4 turn from center so it wouldn't take much to figure out how long the wire should be.

• All that CF sure looks sweet, I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield + Misc Goodies

• BKL

Luckily my horn still works fine, that may only be for a little bit or possibly longer, but I'll end up getting to fixing it.

Maybe look for a better horn and do them both

Glad to hear your horn is still working. Generally, once the white wire strip starts coming out, it doesn't seem to want to fit back in and will end up twisting and breaking. At least that was my experience. I replaced my stock steering wheel and then tried a couple more, but after several no-problem swaps, I managed to screw up my clock spring. I'm finally getting motivated to either replacing the clock spring or adding a momentary contact switch independent of the clock spring.

• Mateo ,heard that wheel could be dangerous... Very light and could potentially bend or break and cause an accident. Again, this is something I heard/read... No experience, so take it with a grain... Just be safe brother.

I do like the looks!

• Mateo ,heard that wheel could be dangerous... Very light and could potentially bend or break and cause an accident. Again, this is something I heard/read... No experience, so take it with a grain... Just be safe brother.

I do like the looks!

I know... love the looks but am a little worried

• The very first mod I ordered for my SS was a Madstat/Twist 13" adjustable windshield My base 2019 didn't have one at all, and riding in January without a shield wasn't an option, not even here in Texas.

I like the windshield, but after I've used it for 3k + miles, I've figured out the drawbacks to it and wasn't a fan of how straight up and down it stood. Even adjusting it all the way down, the better half (boss) felt we had too much air coming in. For air flow, going to add Baker Air Wings.

After seeing the Nascar windshield, I felt it was worth a try. Also, since I had the base model SS, I didn't get a stock windshield center brace, so added a DDM Windshield Mount

2jYzgz8.jpg

sbLYzRM.jpg.

I love how this follows the lines of my top's roll bars.

Here is a comparison showing the Madstat and how straight up and down it is compared to this one

Vy5hWjV.jpg?1

• wokka , I, too, have been thinking about trying a different windshield. I've had my 13" MadStad Single Adjustable windshield since that size was released back in late 2015, but I'm getting tired of bugs hitting the windshield and their guts going all over the cockpit, including into the straw hole on my insulated RTIC tumbler!<X It's been a good shield, but I also like the styling of the AllThingsSlingshot's NASCAR-style windshield.

Is that a TD Top in your pictures? How tall are you? Did you buy the Tallboy or TallBoy +2? I assume you look thru that windshield? Also, have you noticed any flexing of the shield? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Edited once, last by BKL ().