What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Talk about timing! I jumped in my Sling in the garage yesterday, started it up and drove 20 miles north to the next county up to do some banking at my credit union of choice. When I came back out my Sling would not start. No lights, spool up or anything. A quick check of my pockets revealed that I did not have my Digital Guard Dawg fob with me. It was hanging on my key hanger in the house about 15 feet away from the Sling and was close enough to start the vehicle. I had tested this before and the vehicle would not start. It must be right at the effective limit. So I called my wife and she went home, verified that I left the fob behind, and texted me this page from the DGD manual. I tried 100 times but could not get the override to work so she had to drive the fob up to me. I honestly don't remember changing the code, and didn't write a new code down in the manual, so I'll call DGD today to try to troubleshoot. Here is page 16. If you want to use the code listed to steal my Sling, good luck! It will be changed when I get it to work. I highly recommend testing this procedure and memorizing the two digit code before you actually need it. This isn't going to help if your code is different. Maybe they all come with the same initial code - I doubt it.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, it's The Show!8)

• I don't think that's a K&N, or if it is, they didn't list it as such. That came with my Twist Dynamics CAI kit.

I pulled it off and it has 0 labels or stamps anywhere on it. If I go to town over the next couple of days in the SS, I'll stop by a parts store and take it in, see if they can cross match it.

This one has a 3" ID on the inlet, not sure if that's any type of standard.

I believe mine was a Spectre Performance or another no-name brand. I have the package in the attic. If I can find it, I'll post it. Definitely NOT a K&N.

Here's a link to a Spectre Performance - https://www.amazon.com/Spectre…id=pla-570856997661&psc=1

2015 Polaris Slingshot SL - Red Pearl

:REDSS::HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS:

• Talk about timing! I jumped in my Sling in the garage yesterday, started it up and drove 20 miles north to the next county up to do some banking at my credit union of choice. When I came back out my Sling would not start. No lights, spool up or anything. A quick check of my pockets revealed that I did not have my Digital Guard Dawg fob with me. It was hanging on my key hanger in the house about 15 feet away from the Sling and was close enough to start the vehicle. I had tested this before and the vehicle would not start. It must be right at the effective limit. So I called my wife and she went home, verified that I left the fob behind, and texted me this page from the DGD manual. I tried 100 times but could not get the override to work so she had to drive the fob up to me. I honestly don't remember changing the code, and didn't write a new code down in the manual, so I'll call DGD today to try to troubleshoot. Here is page 16. If you want to use the code listed to steal my Sling, good luck! It will be changed when I get it to work. I highly recommend testing this procedure and memorizing the two digit code before you actually need it. This isn't going to help if your code is different. Maybe they all come with the same initial code - I doubt it.

Thanks, I'll try it out, that page is definitely not in my DD box. kev I bought it from you, are you aware that they are shipping out something differently than what he posted? Any insight?

If it doesn't work, likely won't, I'll contact DD and ask them about it.

• As a side note....I have the scorpion alarm that has rechargeable remotes......if their battery goes dead you can’t use the remote......so it came with two chargers I keep one in my glove box......I can always use someone electrical outlet in an emergency....

SlingLow I would really like to know what you find out about the switch over ride when you talk with Guard Dawg rep. I just installed and haven’t tried this process yet, but I was told by GD just the other day that it had this back up ability and I could change the code to what I wanted using a sequence of numbers 1-9.

:SUNSETSS:

I got the same thing in my ss but i got my installer to do the install as he was installing all the other things. Seems i need to get my code from them just in case. I might just take a picture of this document cause i ain't going to remember these steps for sure! Good to know as i only have one fob and concerned that the fob battery will fail at some point. Can you order another fob for these units. I looked where i bought it and they only sell the kits? kev ?

• Spent last weekend over at Erica's house having lights installed by David M Harich AKA "Joker" and Erica Starling. This lights are awesome, so many different combinations available. The APP which control the lights come with unlimited possibilities, 20 different preset modes which you can change, 6 DIY modes for you to design your way and more coming. Take a look

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Spent last weekend over at Erica's house having lights installed by David M Harich AKA "Joker" and Erica Starling. This lights are awesome, so many different combinations available. The APP which control the lights come with unlimited possibilities, 20 different preset modes which you can change, 6 DIY modes for you to design your way and more coming. Take a look

How can i get these?!

• Needed to pull the battery to clean posts, clamps, and grounds...

Because I have the Welter Performance Stealth Exhaust...

Hit AutoZone and picked up some DEI Heat Blanket and Speed Tape.

Used the Speed Tape to seal the Glass Mat and

left a vent top and bottom of tape to release any heat build up.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red...