What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Well, for the past week... Let's start with this.

Do you see a problem between these two pics?

DDM Tank and radiator cap.

Here is my story....

Last couple of rides, I was getting a whiff of coolant. Not steady, but intermittent puffs. So, I did the usual visual inspections, flashlight and mirror, and touchy- feely. Then went boroscope to the difficult areas. Still nothing. Bought a cheap Mityvac from Amazon and everything pressure tested well, no leaks.

The radiator cap that came with my DDM TANK is a bitch to take off and a pain to install. When I got the cap re-installed, I noticed the mistake I had made. Had forgotten from my pump jockey days, the quick alignment check of radiator cap to vent.

First pic above is cap not fully installed. Second pic above is fully locked and aligned with vent overflow tube.

The coolant in my Sling is three years old and they say change five years or 150,000 miles...

Decided to change it out.

For those who haven't done the silicon hose mod or coolant replacement... what a PITA to drain, flush, and refill the coolant in this Slingshot. This coolant system has a lot of fluid traps in it.

With a directional push from mytoy ...

I bought a new billet and radiator cap.

Thanks mytoy ! Much nicer!

And it fits the under hood engine scheme.

Bought the 16lb assy for the DDM Tank from Amazon. Billet Radiator Cap.

Mounted a new Nitto in the rear...

And cleaned Jezebel up for her hot day out!

Yep, scuffed up the rear tire on a ride to get rid of that oily fishtail feel from a new tire.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red...

• Pretty proud with this one. "Borrowed" a ball bearing from work that goes into a Boeing Dreamliner 787. Got my maintenance guys to mill and tap the ball. Thanks to gooseman for powder coating the ball. Took it back to work and lasered the powder coat off then had another coworker professionally clear coat it. The end result is something that is unique and beautiful. Amazing how many people where involved in making this.

• Pretty proud with this one. "Borrowed" a ball bearing from work that goes into a Boeing Dreamliner 787. Got my maintenance guys to mill and tap the ball. Thanks to gooseman for powder coating the ball. Took it back to work and lasered the powder coat off then had another coworker professionally clear coat it. The end result is something that is unique and beautiful. Amazing how many people where involved in making this.

That came out awesome Hodge ! Beautiful detail work on the engraving and paint. I'm impressed!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, it's The Show!8)

So which plane is missing one? 8o Bet that thing is heavy! Looks nice!

• A simple mod today to make driving a bit easier...

91NrqaD.jpg

I know a lot of people have recommended the extensions as well as the convex mirrors, so broke down and bought them.

The extensions look good, but I'm not happy with the bolts they shipped with it, a 5mm hex to hold it to the frame and I stripped out the head while trying to tighten it to stop it from moving. Yes, I used a big bar on it, but everytime I would pull on the mirror (and not much force), it would pivot. I'm not sure if there is room for a hex bolt there with how they made it, but going to go to a local hardware store that has a lot of bolts and see what I can find to alleviate it.

My hex socket wasn't damaged, so it was just the bolt.

I'm really digging the dragon green color, adds just a bit of spice to my white/black ride.

• I made washers out of drywall sanding screen. It keeps the mirrors from moving.

• Thanks Red I'll try that in addition to getting new bolts.

Had some time to kill this morning and needed to fix my shift adapter, since 2W2X1 mentioned this weekend that I didn't have it installed correctly. I knew it wasn't, and told him there was a story behind my odd setup. I also installed a new boot.

U0kDhBy.jpg

Back when I bought shift knob adapter, I went cheap and got one off of amazon or ebay, not sure, problem was, it didn't come with a set screw to attach to the short shifter, and I wound up using the OEM adapter between the short shifter and my adapter, which made my shifter almost as tall as OEM. It worked, but was annoying.

Finally took the time to retap my shift adapter so the OEM set screw would fit it and took out the OEM adapter. Aluminum is such a pain to rethread, it's so easy to mess up if you don't have the proper tools, so took some time but I got it in there.

• Back when I bought shift knob adapter, I went cheap and got one off of amazon or ebay, not sure, problem was, it didn't come with a set screw to attach to the short shifter, and I wound up using the OEM adapter between the short shifter and my adapter, which made my shifter almost as tall as OEM. It worked, but was annoying.

same exact problem, however it was from slingmods and not amazon. mine is still setup using the OEM adapter which I have the NRG Short Shifter attached to.

• Yeah buddy. That looks right

Now.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Finished up the FuzzeBox AND installed a CurbAlert. Son of a gun, they work! Had to fiddle with the calibration of the CurbAlert a little. It kept giving false warnings just sitting in the carport. Adjusted the sensor down and it quit seeing the underside of the Sling.Woo woo!!! Fewer curb rashes, I hope.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter