What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • One more thing: Arby's doesn't have ALL the meats! And for those seeking a 305, the RE71s in 295 measured *exactly* 12 inches wide at the tread. Tire Rack says a 295 should be something like 11.6" so these should work perfectly in 305 applications.

• Looks like you went with a conventional 4-wheel TPMS display. Do you remember where you bought it?

• Looks like you went with a conventional 4-wheel TPMS display. Do you remember where you bought it?

Cheap one from ebay, bought one and put into one of our nissan cars to test, after running it for a couple of weeks, bought a 2nd one for the SS. Details on it are at TPMS

I haven't mounted the display unit yet, gotta build me something to mount it. Until then, I'm just leaving it in the glove box. The bouncing around it's getting in there has caused it to factory default on me a couple of times, reverting the display back to bars instead of PSI and Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. I have not had that issue with the one in the car, and it's not mounted either, stays in a cup holder for now, but I'm guessing it's the bouncing it gets in the SS.

For $30, I think it's worth it and works well with just 3 wheels setup.

• $40,000 was a hell of a lot of money back in the 60's. Good thing generators we're cheap for cars and trucks back then. AC Delco unit maybe?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:
  • Ordered a set of SlingLenz a week or so ago. They arrived a couple of days ago and I put them on this morning.

Thanks, Mark! They look darned good.

Nuc’em likes ‘me too!

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Ordered a set of SlingLenz a week or so ago. They arrived a couple of days ago and I put them on this morning.

What was the install like? Bolts, Screws, adhesive tape?

Just saw his site on the forum - looks like he went with screws - very nice!

• You will need to drill four pilot holes for each lens. Very easy and quick install. Might have taken me 10 minutes. Nine were self-admiration. 😉

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• So because I'm cheap, I try and only buy things when on sale LOL. So last black Friday, we got a top... yeah, I know... Finally got most of it installed around Christmas and then finished it last week. Takes me a bit to do things!

We don't really like tops on the sling. Up here in NY, you want to stay warm in the sun. Got the new stingray so that we drive with it open or closed. Needed a top which mounted to the top of the roll hoops too as my helmet hits everything that mounts below it.

Anyway, here is. Also got my humps on!

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• $40,000 was a hell of a lot of money back in the 60's. Good thing generators we're cheap for cars and trucks back then. AC Delco unit maybe?

No, not back then....now....it happened about 8-10 years ago...still have it...

Most of the generator/starter rebuild businesses have gone out of business...

But you can buy guaranteed ones from major auto parts stores...

• Your MeanSling bags are blocking your brake light? Why not the roll bar hoops?