What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Yeah, my Ciphers are pushing right against the side... Mine don't slide though. Passenger or driver's. Just recline. Guess I've got Gen 1 brackets... 🤷‍♂️

I'd still want to try for it to go all the way... Hate that plastic there. An eyesore. Maybe one day I'll make my own... A birdie told me the underground auto styling ones are just dynamat material covered in their textiles, cut to shape. Peel the dynamat sticker off and glue to tunnel walls. 🤔

Whoa.....wait. Cipher doesn't include or have an option for single or dual locking sliders? They are a separate part from the brackets. They will raise you up about 3/4". Very much worth it though.

My only problem with the Underground Autostyling mats is the huge logo on them.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "You hit like a bitch!"

• They will raise you up about 3/4". Very much worth it though.

My only problem with the Underground Autostyling mats is the huge logo on them.

The added height might help... Only 5'9. But I've never felt I needed to slide forward or backward. They're pretty much all the way back. Passengers don't complain either since the space is shallower on that side with the flat muffler wall.

When my mother in law tried to drive it, she did have to sit scooted up and with a pillow behind her since it didn't slide so she could reach the pedals. Not my problem though. 😁

And underground makes them without logo for a bit more of cost.

• Well i have been wanting to post about my new Welter sidekick exhaust but after ( 34 ) days i still don't have it!

You would think that Twist Dynamic after buying Welter would have had there ducks in a better row.

If i don't get it before Kerrville going to forced to skip this year.:cursing:

• Well i have been wanting to post about my new Welter sidekick exhaust but after ( 34 ) days i still don't have it!

You would think that Twist Dynamic after buying Welter would have had there ducks in a better row.

Jeff Welter has had his personal cell # posted on the site. Somebody can find it … give Jeff a personal call

Jeff Welter ...

• Last night I tore the trailer apart and prepped it for paint. Got some heat in the garage early this morning had everything done by noon.:00008040: Now I'll let it sit for a few days so the paint can harden up good and put back together.

You are very talented.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Wow.... Very cool sir. I haven't done a damn thing to my sling. Been rebuilding my daughters Miata. Had to cut out and replace all the front cross members at the radiator after a fender bender. Got really lucky after I got it stripped down to the frame horns. No / Zero / Nada structural damage... Did my happy dance when I found out it would take less work and she would be safe as OE in it.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Going home this week to hopefully get the sling on the road in NY. Will hopefully be brining it down to Tennessee in mid May to go over to Maggie Valley. Some may think it's a sin, but ended up getting a trailer hitch on the Camaro to possibly pull the sling behind it. Do what we have to LOL. Did do some mods this winter and will need to take some pictures when I get it out of the garage. Looking forward to seeing folks end of May!

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• I did end up changing the Ride Command secondary amp harness around in the last few weeks. Had a customer that needed one built 12 feet long to run the amps to the rear hump and had issues. Worked with him and made some modifications for a much better product that solved all of the issues. I don't think anyone would notice any sound difference on the shorter 6-7 foot runs, but going to stay with the modifications as it's just a better product now. Hoping for some other stereo mods soon.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Finished up the first add ons this weekend.

Status racing / NRG e brake

Twist shift knob

Status shift boot

Billet led buttons

Green under glow

Secondary fuse block / wiring harness

It was hard making the first holes for the buttons. Building and running the wiring harness took the longest and my helper fell asleep bolting the fuse block in.

• Wow.... Very cool sir. I haven't done a damn thing to my sling. Been rebuilding my daughters Miata. Had to cut out and replace all the front cross members at the radiator after a fender bender. Got really lucky after I got it stripped down to the frame horns. No / Zero / Nada structural damage... Did my happy dance when I found out it would take less work and she would be safe as OE in it.

So now I don't feel so bad. Haven't touch mine either. Been busy upgrading my truck...LEDs, Suspension, radio/ Speakers/amps. Truck enjoyed all the mods and wiring experience performed on the SS. Local Tractor Supply had some killer deals on LED bars.

FL D12 OG

Dogs are not evel. Humans teach them.

• Ruptured Duck ... Thought you would have had the inside scoop on this one:

All new JEEP Sedan. 🤔

Might be a smart move. With GM and Ford dropping their models soon (Impala, Malibu and the Fusion, Taurus, along with some others) those buyers will be looking for replacements. I do understand wanting to drive an SUV or truck, I prefer that too. But in the real world, if you drive many miles those get expensive over time. Sedans will normally get 50% greater MPG, and I still remember when gas hit $5 a gallon in my area. While it's not my favorite to drive, my Impala will get 30 MPG to and from work pretty easily. Sure helps with the longer commutes I have for work.