What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Actually if it were possible I would like to lower my seats as much as possible. I figure the lower the center of gravity the better and my a$$ being as low as possible sure couldn't hurt

Are there any brackets that are shorter than stock or has anyone made a mod to lower their seats? - - I wouldn't care if I lost the ability to slide the seat forward and back, I never adjust them anyway

It's been a while and I'm working with a very short memory, but as I recall the PRP gen 1's are lower than stock.

:SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Got my high-flow cat for my Welter dual 2.5" exhaust today. Got busy with work this evening and didn't finish it, but it's in and letting the muffler sealer set before cranking it up and then I'll put the side back on.

I'm hoping this doesn't slow me down any, I've really been enjoying the power I'm feeling with the header/cat-delete/duals on there. If the numbers are similar to what Kyle D is seeing on his gear, I shouldn't see any difference.

I'll get pics as well of it.

I did build me a block from @BKL's excellent design for the rear, instead of using my cheap jack stands and feel much more comfortable getting under my SS.

xpeD31C.jpg

Made out of all 2x4 except for the wheel stops and those are some spare lumber I had that are basically 2x2.

Oh, the other day I had installed my radar detector, ran power off of my fuse block and mounted it to the windshield center mount. Sorry for the bad angle, didn't realize that until I looked at the pic just now. It's not really pointing down, but level.

gxtqber.jpg

• Please post a review on your feelings about the Pedal Max.

IIRC, the Bad Boy instructions recommend the compressor be vertically positioned, if possible. Form your pic, it looks like you should be able to position it vertically. Also, with the output horns pointed forward, I wonder if there's much of chance of getting any rain force-fed into the innards?

Got some seat time today with the pedal max. Started off with it set to 100%. Holy cow! That throttle opens up quick. Dialed it back to about 75% and you still gotta watch how you push the gas pedal. 60% seems to be were most like to run it at. But being able to adjust it on the fly for different driving situations is nice. To me, after seeing the demo at Sling a Rama, reminded me of the 1/4 turn throttles I had on motorcycles. Opens the butterfly sooner so you dont have to twist the wrist as far. Pedal max does the same thing but it seems to eliminate the hesitation between pressing the gas pedal and throttle response. Does not add HP but makes it more responsive IMO. I like it so far. Havent tried it with traction control off yet.

• Sent off a rendering to Braum Racing some time ago about having some bespoke seats made. They informed that they were out of black Alcantara. Well, they just hit me up and said it is back in stock. Should have these bad boys in about 4 weeks.

:00000019:

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "You hit like a bitch!"

• Sent off a rendering to Braum Racing some time ago about having some bespoke seats made. They informed that they were out of black Alcantara. Well, they just hit me up and said it is back in stock. Should have these bad boys in about 4 weeks.

:00000019:

Bad ass! What was the cost vs the competitors if'n you don't mind sharing? PM is fine too.

Did you get the seatbelt guide if you are running factory belts?

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Bad ass! What was the cost vs the competitors if'n you don't mind sharing? PM is fine too.

Did you get the seatbelt guide if you are running factory belts?

Any of the standard designs for the Braum Elite-X will run you $849 to your door. Getting hit for $1199 shipped for bespoke seats. If you are just changing stitch color or material color it could be cheaper. The Alcantara was the pricey part. But, I wanted it to match my Momo GT 50 steering wheel and transmission tunnel covers.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "You hit like a bitch!"

• WraithSS I love the stuff and know it is expensive. Everything in my Lexus GSF is wrapped in alcantara aside from the red racing seats. It sure is some classy stuff. Going to look sweet when you are done.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Where'd you find the Black LED strips?

Where else,... Amazon:P Actually got 4, 12" lights for $8.00. Work great and the white ones I had on, lasted the past 2 years and still work, just don't match the sling now. Wired them straight to my head lights with a quick connect, so easy replacement if needed

• Finished the install of the high flow cat on the Welter duals tonight.

Go0nJMD.jpg

I should have taken a pic of the new cat itself before I installed, but here is a close up:

MA89Dkg.jpg

Yeah, I scratched the side of it getting it in, wasn't easy to squeeze through there and get the other end slid into the rear piping. It would have been easier if I had removed it all, but didn't think I needed to take the time. It worked out, but scratches happen, oh well.

Brand of the cat is Vibrant.

• WraithSS ...what tunnel covers do you have? Do they go the whole way back?

That's what I'm looking for but can't find...

Are they bespoke? Could another set be made and cost? Thanks... 😁

MiM they are the Status brand tunnel covers from Slingmods. Black PVL with white stitching and border. They do not go the whole way back. But, with most aftermarket racing seats that would be a problem. Corbeaus slide against the tunnel currently and the new Braum seats are the same dimensions. confused-squared

• They look really cool. How about comfort for long rides?

Please don't take this as me being a jerk or anything. But, I would hate for someone to buy these seats and be unhappy.

Racing seats are made for exactly that, racing. Anything more than a few hours of seat time and you'll realize they are made to be supportive and light weight. They aren't built for long term comfort.

Also pay close attention to what the max waist size of the seats are.

• MiM they are the Status brand tunnel covers from Slingmods. Black PVL with white stitching and border. They do not go the whole way back. But, with most aftermarket racing seats that would be a problem. Corbeaus slide against the tunnel currently and the new Braum seats are the same dimensions. confused-squared

Yeah, my Ciphers are pushing right against the side... Mine don't slide though. Passenger or driver's. Just recline. Guess I've got Gen 1 brackets... 🤷‍♂️

I'd still want to try for it to go all the way... Hate that plastic there. An eyesore. Maybe one day I'll make my own... A birdie told me the underground auto styling ones are just dynamat material covered in their textiles, cut to shape. Peel the dynamat sticker off and glue to tunnel walls. 🤔