What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Good weather and a half free afternoon allowed me to get my exhaust on. Thanks to Jeff Welter for taking my call early in the evening to answer a question!

Ceramic powder coated 1320 header. Now that I have it installed, I kinda wish I had coated the cat delete box, but hindsight being what it is.

4aUaQV3.jpg

The Y pipe at the rear is coated as well and came out really good I think. It was late so the pics aren't that good without sunlight and using a cell phone, but I think you get the idea.

xJgAxPq.jpg

I have side panels and such to put back on tomorrow, but it's on and I got to hear it.

Oh, I also put on new lug nuts, the first box that were shipped to me were chrome (I ordered black) and the wrong thread size, but the replacements worked great. Thankfully Amazon is easy to replace/return items. It's hard to see them, black on black wheels, but I feel better having these vs the stock ones.

Tomorrow I start on the electrical work for accessories, jump ports and rear camera.

• Those are the same lugs I use for my track day wheels... good choice! 8):thumbup:

• Not really a mod but more for a piece of mind. And they are shiny. Btw they are for the Sling....

I love my street cuffs - turn the steering hard to the right and then use the cuffs to lock the steering wheel to the frame. I also love that the fit in the indention in the bottom of the driver side storage area as if it were made for the cuffs

i-nmQXhpj-X2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• Spent a few hours playing electrician yesterday, and can't really get any pics of this, or it wouldn't make much sense, so will describe and answer questions for anyone.

One of the biggest things that they missed in the electrical department was the lack of spare fuse capacity and while some vendors have some very nice stuff for plug and play, they seem a bit overpriced, so I built my own setup.

First up is the fuse block from walmart.com, I'm installing this in the glove box, mounted upside down against the top of the box, should be out of the way and still be accessible when I need it. The biggest drawback to this was the lack of a switched option and it's not water proof, so that's why it's in the glove box. For the switched option, I didn't need any always on connections, so I wired in a relay from ebay to the hot side. Of course, since I'm being frugal with this, I get relays that are wired incorrectly on the plug and their diagram is wrong, but once I figured that out, it's working as expected.

The fuse block also doesn't have a master fuse from amazon, so I added one before the relay. I wound up putting this in the glove box too, but originally I wasn't sure where it was going to go (possibly near the battery), so I ordered a waterproof one. In the end, wired in the positive to the alternator connection, so I didn't have run a cable all the way to the back.

So far, I have my head-unit and front camera connected to it, still have to wire in the back camera, radar detector, TPMS module and digital gauges to the fuse block, but those will have to be another day, all of them are going to require time to connect and time to design some mounts.

• The easiest way is to get a whatever fuse block you like, run power to it, then pick an open slot and drop a 30amp fuse in that slot. Then run the 30amp fuse cable to relay pin “30” and run pin “87” to a power distribution panel for the switches.

Ground pin “86” and tap a switched circuit accessory like the cigarette lighter charge port. This way you can make a bunch of functioning switches when you need them. With that out of the way, you can wire your switches into your power distribution terminal and the extra fuse ports to accommodate all your needs.

• Could you explain the 30 amp relay/fuse? I have the fuse block slingmods sells and it doesn't have one. And still not enough space to wire up extra stuff. I will be redoing the whole thing this winter, but not understanding the 30 amp relay/fuse you added to yours.

• Could you explain the 30 amp relay/fuse? I have the fuse block slingmods sells and it doesn't have one. And still not enough space to wire up extra stuff. I will be redoing the whole thing this winter, but not understanding the 30 amp relay/fuse you added to yours.

Look up Blue Sea Systems Marine fuse blocks and strips on Amazon and you might find what you need