What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Just take the whole thing off of the SS and check all of the bolts where the upper bolts to the lower also. Then reinstall and adjust as close as you can get it. I had both sides of mine to vibrate the bolts loose. If you do this just make sure that you reassemble with some type of thread lock so it does not happen again

yeah, I planned to do this, but I don't think they vibrated, not with less than 500 miles on the SS.

Thanks!

• Well Saturday is finely here working half a day then home to put on my supercharger belt.

Been looking forward to this all week and now the temp is 16 out side.

Cant catch a break! Test drive will have to wait!

• Thanks for the compliment, but I'm afraid this is a "one-off". I was motivated by my stingyness, if that is even a word, and I am satisfied with it. Thanks again.

Maybe frugal is the word you are looking for? Didn't want to buy an expensive ready built wing for the SS, so made a bracket for a more affordable one? Anyway, looks good.

My canvas top frame bolts to that same place, so I'd really have to come up with a bracket to fit something like that.

• Did my first oil change at 496 miles and installed the fancy magnetic oil plug while doing it. It's 35 and raining here, so re-arranged the shop to get the SS inside and close the door. Wearing an old ski suit and surgical gloves kept me warm.

Also tried to put the two bolts into the front that the dealer gave me, and while I could squeeze and get one in there, the other refused. There are also other empty holes on the center section of the hood and some screws missing on some small black pieces at the front. I didn't take pics, just aggravated me and I plan to take it into the dealer to have them look at it.

Something isn't lining up right so that I can get those two bolts in, and from looking at it, I'd have to take the hood all apart to figure it out, and also figuring that's something that Polaris should fix and not me. Wasted over an hour today trying to figure it all out and just bolted it all back together and will drop it off with the dealer in a couple of weeks if it warms up.

• Did my first oil change at 496 miles and installed the fancy magnetic oil plug while doing it. It's 35 and raining here, so re-arranged the shop to get the SS inside and close the door. Wearing an old ski suit and surgical gloves kept me warm.

Also tried to put the two bolts into the front that the dealer gave me, and while I could squeeze and get one in there, the other refused. There are also other empty holes on the center section of the hood and some screws missing on some small black pieces at the front. I didn't take pics, just aggravated me and I plan to take it into the dealer to have them look at it.

Something isn't lining up right so that I can get those two bolts in, and from looking at it, I'd have to take the hood all apart to figure it out, and also figuring that's something that Polaris should fix and not me. Wasted over an hour today trying to figure it all out and just bolted it all back together and will drop it off with the dealer in a couple of weeks if it warms up.

If those empty holes are in the black hood inserts most likely the tabs have broken off.

• Something isn't lining up right so that I can get those two bolts in, and from looking at it, I'd have to take the hood all apart to figure it out, and also figuring that's something that Polaris should fix and not me. Wasted over an hour today trying to figure it all out and just bolted it all back together and will drop it off with the dealer in a couple of weeks if it warms up.

Hopefully it’s an innocent and easy fix. However just because you have the expertise and ability to fix it, I agree, doesn’t necessarily mean that you should be the one to do it. Have an expert at the dealer figure it out and hopefully give you some peace of mind

Blessed are those that can turn up the radio when a noise occurs and forget about it ...:thumbsup:

• I announce with a heavy heart that I do a Tripod on this forum, The reason is that I made a mistake and lost friends and respect. I hope everyone know what I'm talking about.

Who still wants to stay in contact with me PM me and I send my private contact info.

;(;(;(:(:( Also the hobby business will be inactive.

• I know of what you speak Dieter. You will be missed, but I deep down hope that you reconsider the decision. Hell, if i stopped posting to people that I have pissed off in the past, I would never be allowed back. Those of us who know you, know that you have a heart of gold and mean no harm to ANYONE. True friends will stand by you. You have my info, so PLEASE do keep in touch. Maggie Valley is only like 100 days away. Time will heal all wounds bro. Take care (or better yet, reconsider) and keep Barbie happy.

Never be held prisoner to your past. It was a life lesson - NOT a life SENTENCE

• mytoy you are a great guy anyone that knows you, knows that. I'm unaware of any conflicts you had. I do agree with FITS that things always blow over. Good people like you shouldn't leave, there are thousands on this forum that like you. We shouldn't have to do without our German friend because of a few.

Please reconsider.

• Well...

I have been inactive on this site, for some time now (on going health probems).

I receved an email notification, informing me of mytoy intentions to leave the forum.

I do not know why. I do not need to know why. I don't even want to know why...

Dieter has always come over on this forum as a good guy & from the postings above, I see no reason that he remove himself, from such a great forum (particularly) as it appears a truly meant apology has been made.

I would hope everyone involved or affected, by whatever has gone on, sees it as water under the bridge and can find forgiveness.

All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited 4 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• The innovators on here are what makes it a great forum. I would hate to see what would happen to the Sling culture without them. And although I dont personally know you I can say you are one of the innovators that the Sling culture needs. And if this has to with a certain pic that you apologized for then the others need not to be so butt hurt. Stuff happens. No one is perfect and there are always bumps in the road. Write it off as a learning moment for all involved and get back to doing what you love and makes you happy.