What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

• Hernandeves5 Yeah, I understand. Best thing I can say is to contact the manufacturer, and the reseller too and give them feedback. Write a post on here somewhere detailing what you've found, so others can take that into consideration for their purchase. I've scoured these forums for input on parts where I could and have still made mistakes already, but that's ok, it's a learning process.

BTW, I didn't say it, but it looks really good, love the color coordination.

I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do about color accents... I'm white/black on my SS and while I know I'm going to do some color accents, not sure where/what yet. I'm a geek, very logical/technical minded, color anything doesn't fit into my brain. My girlfriend will have to point me in the right direction...

Oh, I did go with a red shift knob... so maybe it will be red for the accents... will see

• Hi wokka I to have been enjoying the factory 18" x 10 on all three corners.... AND had the rear widened to x 11.5. The handling is NICE - especially on the track!

Yeah, I read about you widening the rear, pretty cool. I'm no expert, but it looks like we could do 11 or 11.5 on the fronts as well with a wide tire, seems that we have plenty of clearance. I keep talking about it and it's really wanting me to buy wheels/tires now, lol

• Yeah, I read about you widening the rear, pretty cool. I'm no expert, but it looks like we could do 11 or 11.5 on the fronts as well with a wide tire, seems that we have plenty of clearance. I keep talking about it and it's really wanting me to buy wheels/tires now, lol

The wheels on our slings are American Racing Torque Thrust M 18 x 10 with a 45 Offset. The can be bought from Wheels for Less for $184.00 ea shipped.

https://www.wheelsforless.com/AR105M8166A

• Shift knob was starting to show some wear and the pattern window was becoming a real pain to keep clear...

Running a short shifter and wanted to try a ball shift knob....

Purchased a cheap ball shift knob and mounted it on the NRG Shift Adapter I had purchased some time ago.

Has a good feel in the garage...

Waiting for weather to get a ride check.

Keeping an eye on the shift knob I intend to use if this plays well.

Let me stop everything and Work on Your Problem!

• Got my Twist Dynamics canvas top and windshield in today. Windshield has a nice booklet on how to install it. The top has zilch. Guess they assume I know how to install it... Now, it could be possible that it was overlooked and their QA missed that on the check, so will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Does anyone happen to have the install docs that they can take pics of or scan and send over? I'm going to start on the windshield, since it seems a bit more involved with the dash and all.

Many thanks!

• Got my Twist Dynamics canvas top and windshield in today. Windshield has a nice booklet on how to install it. The top has zilch. Guess they assume I know how to install it... Now, it could be possible that it was overlooked and their QA missed that on the check, so will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Does anyone happen to have the install docs that they can take pics of or scan and send over? I'm going to start on the windshield, since it seems a bit more involved with the dash and all.

Many thanks!

cant help you with instructions hopefully someone else here can, but anyway wouldn't it be better to do the windshield last so that you are not working around it and risking scratching it when you are installing the top?

Not knowing what is involved it just seems like something like a windshield should be last

just a thought

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & Other Misc Goodies

• true, but this is my first real mod install and i'm antsy to get it started... i can always remove it if I need to for the top install...

promise, I'll be very careful not to mess up this beautiful windshield!

btw, I did email the seller and TD both, asking for help, but they are all done for the weekend I'm sure... hence why I begged on here too :)

• true, but this is my first real mod install and i'm antsy to get it started... i can always remove it if I need to for the top install...

btw, I did email the seller and TD both, asking for help, but they are all done for the weekend I'm sure... hence why I begged on here too :)

true, but this is my first real mod install and i'm antsy to get it started... i can always remove it if I need to for the top install...

This is a video for a Bullet Speed installation they are almost the same

• mines looking exactly the same, tired so I bought this one , just haven't got it installed yet may not keep it on long it was cheap , just over $20.00 bucks

• wokka   wokka

The joy of mods and can't wait to git it done...

This is a video for a Bullet Speed installation they are almost the same

Biggest difference is the Twist top mounts into the rear of the rollbars.

Take a good look at the video that mytoy linked and compare attachment points. View the video for mirror attachment points... I think the mirror mounts are now built into the top.

With assistance... mount top into rear rollbar slot first then lay front arms down to mirror mount area. Then one person can hold top in place while other installs the washer plates and loosely assembles rollbar hardware...

Get all hardware loosely installed to rollbars cause...

that top wasn't built to your Sling.

You may have to man handle, ratchet strap, or cuss the front arms into place.

Go slow and be mindful of your paint.

Let me stop everything and Work on Your Problem!

Edited once, last by airoutlaw ().

• I had to take it apart 3 separate times in order to get the install correct. plus the screws that hold the steering wheel to the quick disconnect are really shitty. I stripped the heads on 2 of them just trying to hand tighten them with an allen wrench. I had to go to the store and get different screws made of better / harder material so they wouldn't strip on me. I have a lot of extra parts that I really don't know what they are for. For instance aside from the rings, there is a wide collar type that came with it that I have no clue where it goes or if it is even necessary. I mean right now its assembled and works without it, but, am I going to regret not having it put in there? and if so, just where does it go?

Your setup looks fantastic Hernandeves5, I got my disconnect in today and I see what your saying, a lot of parts that I have no idea where they go and no instructions what so ever to tell me. NRG has lost my business. By the way how did the wires go to get the horn to work...... I'm still waiting on my steering wheel to come in, I returned the first one, hopefully the next will be the right color and have the button. GT

• Thanks for this advice, it worked perfectly. The mirror mounts acted just like you said, had to hold them in place, stressing it slightly to align and another put the bolts in.

It's lightly raining a bit muddy on my road (they are repaving), but I took it out anyway to try out the windshield, now the SS is muddy and needs a bath (had a coating of dust before hand).

Vy5hWjV.jpg

OsvOFLw.jpg

• Muddy Slingshot

IJxntlC.jpg

I really shouldn't have driven it, I knew it would be bad on my road, drove 10 mph for .7 miles until the intersection and pavement. Now it's filthy and that poor belt is coated. I did get to hear the screeching others have mentioned in other threads.

My reasoning was that I wanted to test the windshield at speed, it's getting cold tonight/tomorrow and will be freezing and I won't have a chance to ride it until next weekend due to work travel this week. And, it needed a bath anyway, so getting muddier didn't matter.

Would do it again, had a blast

Oh, and yeah, that's my cluttered shop, got a bunch of stuff piled around that needs to be moved up to the attic and i've been playing with slingshots instead :)

• Your setup looks fantastic Hernandeves5, I got my disconnect in today and I see what your saying, a lot of parts that I have no idea where they go and no instructions what so ever to tell me. NRG has lost my business. By the way how did the wires go to get the horn to work...... I'm still waiting on my steering wheel to come in, I returned the first one, hopefully the next will be the right color and have the button. GT

thanks. the wires weren't that bad at all. took a little bit of effort to get them crowded into the small space between the wheel and the quick disconnect but other than that, it was a few times putting it together and taking it apart to put the negative and positives on the right areas lol due to the same color wires and the prongs on the button not being labeled. Both of the wires were black with a white stripe. weird. but I finally got it and I love it.