What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • I actually wonder how they would compare to what I remember. These days with all the laws so much of what used to be normal wouldn’t even be legal

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• Trust me, I have been thinking about the Hurst as well - Its one of the main reason why I switched from my Twist Dynamics CH knob to the NR G adapter is that it opens the door to so many options and at affordable prices - heck, I can get a hole bunch of different knobs and change them as the mood fits
    but I do think this one will be next - at $34.23 why not?

Well - that didnt take long, I guess my willpower was worthless - just ordered the Hurst T handle

pretty soon I am going to have a whole collection of shift knob options :D

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Edward, I recently switched out my round Sparco for a Twist Dyn as I liked that shape; however, it is taller than the Sparco, which is ok I guess, but I don't like the printed shift pattern on top. Have you come across one similar to the TD without the shift pattern?
    Polaris Slingshot Leather Shift Knob with Adapter by Twist Dynamics

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• I questioned the use of metal cup holders in a Slingshot because of heat transfer. I think the same could be said of metal shift knobs. I think some of you were comparing riding temperatures and how hot it can get in your area. Delrin knobs are a better choice, because they don't get too hot to touch. They may not be as sexy looking but they are a better choice.

• Edward, I recently switched out my round Sparco for a Twist Dyn as I liked that shape; however, it is taller than the Sparco, which is ok I guess, but I don't like the printed shift pattern on top. Have you come across one similar to the TD without the shift pattern?
    Polaris Slingshot Leather Shift Knob with Adapter by Twist Dynamics

if you get a threaded adapter like this NRG Threaded shift knob adapter or this DDMWorks threaded shift knob adapter then you can get just about any type of knob you would like - in my searching on amazon I have seen knobs that looked identical to the various TD knobs that would work on these adapters both with and without shift patterns

there are more choices than I could possibly post, but go look here - there are several that are similar to the TD leather leather shift knobs

The entire reason why I got the NRG adapter is that the options become almost unlimited

• I questioned the use of metal cup holders in a Slingshot because of heat transfer. I think the same could be said of metal shift knobs. I think some of you were comparing riding temperatures and how hot it can get in your area. Delrin knobs are a better choice, because they don't get too hot to touch. They may not be as sexy looking but they are a better choice.

you are probably correct that the metal may get hot, if it proves to be an issue i just might get an old sock to put over it when parked. I already carry a towel to put on the seat so it wouldn't be a big deal

Solid Stainless steel DDM Ball with no problems with the heat for me

• Edward; thanks for feedback. Now you got me looking at the variety on Amazon..so many to choose from. LOL

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• I've wanted to replace the plastic hood release lever with an aluminum one for some time. Found one at a good price and it was delivered today. Took a look and thought "this will be easy" as it appeared removing the pivot bolt would be all it required. I pulled the air box and removed the nut from the pivot bolt. The bolt will not come out due to the headlight assembly being to close. Reaching the allen bolts on the bracket was slow going but they came out relatively easy, and I didn't drop them.
    Old one out new one in and no problems. Buttoned everything back up and tested. Nice and solid, unlike my old back.

• I've wanted to replace the plastic hood release lever with an aluminum one for some time. Found one at a good price and it was delivered today. Took a look and thought "this will be easy" as it appeared removing the pivot bolt would be all it required. I pulled the air box and removed the nut from the pivot bolt. The bolt will not come out due to the headlight assembly being to close. Reaching the allen bolts on the bracket was slow going but they came out relatively easy, and I didn't drop them.
    Old one out new one in and no problems. Buttoned everything back up and tested. Nice and solid, unlike my old back.

I’m wondering how many here have broken one? I think about that every time I open the hood.

Where did you find the hood metal release?

• I did not those were there, but even so they are all at least an hour or more away - - not exactly conducive to just popping in to browse around

Really???? you live in CA with nice weather and you think that ~1hrs is not close enough to just drop by.......

We live in MN and have been known to go to chicago(~7hrs) just to have dinner, but again our love to constantly ride/drive anywhere could be related to the shorter riding season.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Really???? you live in CA with nice weather and you think that ~1hrs is not close enough to just drop by.......
    We live in MN and have been known to go to chicago(~7hrs) just to have dinner, but again our love to constantly ride/drive anywhere could be related to the shorter riding season.

Oh dont get me wrong, I have no problem going on long rides, but I try to avoid the freeways and rush hour traffic unless I am just passing through it to get some place great - - speed shops that I know wont have any slingshot goodies might be worth stopping at, but I am not going to take a trip just to go to one