What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

• After work yesterday, I made the drive over to the @ThomaSS estate to help him with the MeanSling top install. It had come in earlier in the day, and he already had it well in process by the time I got there. We were able to get it lined up and working well, despite the temporary setback of looking for the set screw that was dropped (must have looked for 20 minutes). Unfortunately, it rained a bit, and where the top had been in the sun to stretch it out, there was just no pulling that thing out to fit like we wanted. It's supposed to be sunny for the next few days, so Larry said he would sit it outside to allow it to grow a bit. BTW, I don't think we ever tightened the hand knob pivot points, might want to check that.

During out emails back and forth, I had mentioned that I was going to need tires for the SS, if not before Maggie, at very least shortly after I returned. Larry said he still had his stock rims and tires off his 2016.5, and he'd just give them to me. The tires only have about 7k "gently used" miles on them. The rims are in great shape. Mine have 27k on them, and have picked up a few nicks here and there. I was blown away by this "pay it forward", and I wanted to pay my respects to him for it and to thank him formally. I thought this thread would do that well, as it seems to have the most traffic. Thank you so much Larry, and I look forward to spending some quality time with you and your bride in Maggie Valley!

Below is the tread I'll be running in the TN/NC area next week!

• After work yesterday, I made the drive over to the @ThomaSS estate to help him with the MeanSling top install. It had come in earlier in the day, and he already had it well in process by the time I got there. We were able to get it lined up and working well, despite the temporary setback of looking for the set screw that was dropped (must have looked for 20 minutes). Unfortunately, it rained a bit, and where the top had been in the sun to stretch it out, there was just no pulling that thing out to fit like we wanted. It's supposed to be sunny for the next few days, so Larry said he would sit it outside to allow it to grow a bit. BTW, I don't think we ever tightened the hand knob pivot points, might want to check that.

During out emails back and forth, I had mentioned that I was going to need tires for the SS, if not before Maggie, at very least shortly after I returned. Larry said he still had his stock rims and tires off his 2016.5, and he'd just give them to me. The tires only have about 7k "gently used" miles on them. The rims are in great shape. Mine have 27k on them, and have picked up a few nicks here and there. I was blown away by this "pay it forward", and I wanted to pay my respects to him for it and to thank him formally. I thought this thread would do that well, as it seems to have the most traffic. Thank you so much Larry, and I look forward to spending some quality time with you and your bride in Maggie Valley!

Below is the tread I'll be running in the TN/NC area next week!

Great to hear again how a great forum family we have. :thumbup::thumbup:

• Got a couple of my wheels finished up today and maybe the last one tomorrow or Friday. Trying to get them done before Maggie ValleyWhat do you think? Had not pulled the tape off of the second wheel

Looking sharp Sir.

• Ladies and gentlemen another testimony of why this form family is the best of the best.

• Just put in the PRP side storage bags and the @Dave@DDMWorks master cylinder support brace. After putting on the brace was the first time I’ve ever had the SS throw me forward from stopping...if you don’t have it yet I would highly consider it!

@D.W.Slusher I put in the master cylinder support brace last night and noticed the same thing! I also put in the DDM Short Shifter and WOW that is real nice! I would recommend both of these items!

• @D.W.Slusher I put in the master cylinder support brace last night and noticed the same thing! I also put in the DDM Short Shifter and WOW that is real nice! I would recommend both of these items!

TJust put in the PRP side storage bags and the @Dave@DDMWorks master cylinder support brace. After putting on the brace was the first time I’ve ever had the SS throw me forward from stopping...if you don’t have it yet I would highly consider it!

@D.W.Slusher I put in the master cylinder support brace last night and noticed the same thing! I also put in the DDM Short Shifter and WOW that is real nice! I would recommend both of these items!

those are the first two mods everyone should make