What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Did some more holiday baking today.
    I
    Some small screws and ring

My gearshifter

Front coil over springs powder coated ready to bake

Spring clear coated and assembled on shock

Back on the sling also did my nut cover to match

Gear shifter, emergency brake handle, and the ring and screws for the new steering wheel from painter.

And finally did the DDM hose clamps also from painter.
    And not to be forgotten here is the coil pack cover that painter did for me. :thumbsup:
    I messed up the shifter the first time I did it and took it back to a buddy to glass bead again. He said that the powder coating that I put on it was way harder than the original finish he did first. It took him a few minutes to peel the coating of so I must be doing a good job. I am really liking the colour match with painters colour. I might do the air intake next

• I purchased a sample bottle of Top Coat F11 and tried it this week on my Slingshot. This is with 2 light coats on it and a simple buffing. If you look at the enlarged pic you can see the tree mirrored in the hood with awesome detail, and this was in the shade. This stuff is awesome.

I ordered the Top Coat F11 product last night, they are having a internet sale on the stuff right now and I ended up ordering 3 kits. I hope it is as good as @mytoy and @Bubblehead say because it is still expensive.

• Man! that looks good

• Thats came out great!

• Awesome! I need to look into doing powder coating of parts. I think the wife would be very happy if I ripped the stove out of the kitchen :thumbsup: .

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• I haven't been online for a while because I've been holed up in my garage developing production techniques for my radio visors. I didn't make it in time for Christmas, but I should be ready to start selling and shipping them in the next week or two.

As a side project, I whipped out this little bad boy this evening. Pretty soon, I won't have to struggle trying to light a cigarette with a BIC in an open cockpit. ;)

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• I am totally amazed at how many innovative and imaginative design people are on this forum!!! @Gatgeteer you have solved a couple of "issues" I have had on my Sling!!! #1- Yeah it is harder than hell to light a smoke going down the road at even 30MPH!!!! #2- I bought a shade for the stereo screen which does not do alot!!! If you are selling brother, I am buying!!!

CDCAMEL6

• I ordered the Top Coat F11 product last night, they are having a internet sale on the stuff right now and I ended up ordering 3 kits. I hope it is as good as @mytoy and @Bubblehead say because it is still expensive.

I’ve been using F11 top coat for almost a year now and I’m sold on the stuff. It it expensive but worth it.

⛄️

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• @gooseman awesome job on the powder job. Color match looks spot on. I’ve been toying with the idea of doing some myself.

⛄️

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• I purchased a sample bottle of Top Coat F11 and tried it this week on my Slingshot. This is with 2 light coats on it and a simple buffing. If you look at the enlarged pic you can see the tree mirrored in the hood with awesome detail, and this was in the shade. This stuff is awesome.

Yours looks great, I used the whole bottle on mine and it still doesn't shine like yours.