What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • That would be something the young'uns don't see...

Upholstery and machine shops every other block...

If you spot one now, it's been closed for tweny-five years.

The machine shops have indeed become a rarity around here, but I know of at least three in our smaller town here. There are several upholstery shops to choose from, also, in fact, we recently had the seat in Justina's pickup redone just 1/2 mile or so down the road......................

.............if only SlingShot dealers were a tenth as popular? :(

Bill

Madstad windshield

MeanSling hood assist

MeanSling SportTop

DDMWorks surge tank

Paramount Plastics Stealth Rear Fender version 1

Sedici Distanza Sissy Bar Bags

Ventisit ventilated seat cushions

Curb Alert

• Look! There's one right there next to the shoe repair shop.

Hell! That is only if the shoes that you buy now are even worth repairing. Can we even find shoes that are comfortable without having to put insoles in them. Do not even get me started on shoes like the Nikes, I do not even remember the other brands. Big money and how comfortable are they and how long do they last, I cannot wear them. Hell, I have a pair of cowboots that I have been wearing for at least 30 years, resoled 4 or 5 times but the most comfortable shoe/boot that I own. I do not even buy the shoes that are out there now. I just buy deck shoes, name brand flat bottom and uncomfortable.

• That would be something the young'uns don't see...

Upholstery and machine shops every other block...

If you spot one now, it's been closed for tweny-five years.

I found a guy (Slingshot and bike person) on Facebook. Yes, he does many different seats. He is in Texas. Quality work, and he likes to have creative input. I just want a comfortable seat (I have that now with the PRP) that will hold up to weather (leather that's treated like my Harley seats) and will last or age with dignity. My PRP seats didn't last a year before the "pleather" started to tear and separate.

I remember machine shops in every other block. I have one a block from me, but they pay little (small town). I am over a machine shop where I work now. I was in Tooling design, but that slowed, and I have also done a good bit of machining in the job shops. I'm obsolete, but still slightly in demand (thankfully!). I only have 8 or 10 years to go. If it happens sooner, I'm still good. But I really doubt that will happen, I'm still working VERY busy and paychecks are still cashing!

• I found a guy (Slingshot and bike person) on Facebook. Yes, he does many different seats. He is in Texas. Quality work, and he likes to have creative input. I just want a comfortable seat (I have that now with the PRP) that will hold up to weather (leather that's treated like my Harley seats) and will last or age with dignity. My PRP seats didn't last a year before the "pleather" started to tear and separate.

I remember machine shops in every other block. I have one a block from me, but they pay little (small town). I am over a machine shop where I work now. I was in Tooling design, but that slowed, and I have also done a good bit of machining in the job shops. I'm obsolete, but still slightly in demand (thankfully!). I only have 8 or 10 years to go. If it happens sooner, I'm still good. But I really doubt that will happen, I'm still working VERY busy and paychecks are still cashing!

The small town next to me (18 miles) has 6 or 8 machine/fab shops. I think a couple of them work all over the South East

• I have been doing the prep work for the strut brace and the sway bar for the last 4 hours. As everything goes back together the strut bar and the sway bar, the new horn and the Alpha CAI, also the new fuse box will be installed for the new horn on Sling II. OH, I pulled that musical horn bull crap off also. That is enough for one day.

• DDM Sway Bar and the reinforced radiator support bar/strut bar has been installed, now it is time to start bolting everything back together. I do not know how much longer the back will allow me to work today. At this rate I might be done by April.

FunCycle Please tell me about this "strut bar" you are installing. Some time back I heard someone talk about a brace to stiffen up the frame - is this what you are talking about? and is this something that is sill available?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• DDM Sway Bar and the reinforced radiator support bar/strut bar has been installed, now it is time to start bolting everything back together. I do not know how much longer the back will allow me to work today. At this rate I might be done by

FunCycle Please tell me about this "strut bar" you are installing. Some time back I heard someone talk about a brace to stiffen up the frame - is this what you are talking about? and is this something that is sill available?

It is the 1 3/4 inch alum. square tube that the upper radiator bolts to that bolts to the upper frame rails just forward of the upper shock mount.on both sides. Yes, at one time it was reproduced by RRR Racing but has not been available for years. I bought one of the last ones they had. I though that I had wrote it up in the DIY. The stock bar is easy to modify with a piece of 1 1/2 inch square tube steel or alum. cut to length and drilled and installed with some spacers. I have a steel one already cut and drilled but decided not to use it because of the weight. If you remember the Mustangs were modified with them for racing, cutting out some of the flex at the upper shock towers. This is really not needed if you are driving normally on the street. But if you are pushing the limits of your Sling on the twisties or the race track it may help you out a little bit. I did not want to do the extra work to remove the one off of Sling I. It is really not hard to fab up and install.

• I found a guy (Slingshot and bike person) on Facebook. Yes, he does many different seats. He is in Texas. Quality work, and he likes to have creative input. I just want a comfortable seat (I have that now with the PRP) that will hold up to weather (leather that's treated like my Harley seats) and will last or age with dignity. My PRP seats didn't last a year before the "pleather" started to tear and separate.

Where n texas?

• FunCycle - “But if you are pushing the limits of your Sling on the twisties or the race track“ - so your sayin Imma be good with what I got ???? :00008172::00008172::00008172:

No Bill. What he is saying is you would be ok with removing the radiator ;(:evil:support bar completely.

• DDM Sway Bar and the reinforced radiator support bar/strut bar has been installed, now it is time to start bolting everything back together. I do not know how much longer the back will allow me to work today. At this rate I might be done by

It is the 1 3/4 inch alum. square tube that the upper radiator bolts to that bolts to the upper frame rails just forward of the upper shock mount.on both sides. Yes, at one time it was reproduced by RRR Racing but has not been available for years. I bought one of the last ones they had. I though that I had wrote it up in the DIY. The stock bar is easy to modify with a piece of 1 1/2 inch square tube steel or alum. cut to length and drilled and installed with some spacers. I have a steel one already cut and drilled but decided not to use it because of the weight. If you remember the Mustangs were modified with them for racing, cutting out some of the flex at the upper shock towers. This is really not needed if you are driving normally on the street. But if you are pushing the limits of your Sling on the twisties or the race track it may help you out a little bit. I did not want to do the extra work to remove the one off of Sling I. It is really not hard to fab up and install.

I thought I had read your post about making your own strut support, but I couldn't find it when I searched. Do you remember the link to where you posted it?

Found it! What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?, Post # 24518.