What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • I did not order anything special, just the T-top as advertised for a 2018 red SL Slingshot.

Is that the Sunset Red? If so, it would be a special color. Typically the only ones I see in any amount of inventory is the grey, black, white, and red pearl.

CO D12

Hahn SST stage 2X PRP Seats Sparco Steering Wheel (Not SLR) w/ NRG 3.0 Quick release Canadian Headlight R-Shot Accessories Windscreen Rear Protection Plate by Slinglow NASCAR Windshield Kenwood Double DIN SSV head pods with Polk DB 6.5"s SSV Works Subwoofer enclosure w/10" JL Audio Kenwood Amps Slingshot Side Storage 11 Piece Mat Kit TD Canvas top TD lip spoiler 22" Asanti Wheels TD sway bar TD shifter boot cover & parking brake Graphics by AMR Racing QA1 front TrakHamr rear

• I did not order anything special, just the T-top as advertised for a 2018 red SL Slingshot.

Is this the new T-top from all things slingshot?

If it is I believe these are made to order from scratch

others feel free to correct me if I am wrong

edit - yes I just checked the all things slingshot site and if this is the top we are talking about it does say these are made to order

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Is this the new T-top from all things slingshot?

If it is I believe these are made to order from scratch

others feel free to correct me if I am wrong

my guess is he is talking about the Gullwing from Twist Dynamics.

CO D12

Hahn SST stage 2X PRP Seats Sparco Steering Wheel (Not SLR) w/ NRG 3.0 Quick release Canadian Headlight R-Shot Accessories Windscreen Rear Protection Plate by Slinglow NASCAR Windshield Kenwood Double DIN SSV head pods with Polk DB 6.5"s SSV Works Subwoofer enclosure w/10" JL Audio Kenwood Amps Slingshot Side Storage 11 Piece Mat Kit TD Canvas top TD lip spoiler 22" Asanti Wheels TD sway bar TD shifter boot cover & parking brake Graphics by AMR Racing QA1 front TrakHamr rear

• my guess is he is talking about the Gullwing from Twist Dynamics.

could be, the reason I think it could be the all things top is because it is actually called a T-top - If you are correct I would expect Twist to be able to deliver faster, if I am not mistaken they are a bigger outfit than Allthingsslingshot

• could be, the reason I think it could be the all things top is because it is actually called a T-top - If you are correct I would expect Twist to be able to deliver faster, if I am not mistaken they are a bigger outfit than Allthingsslingshot

they are...but they are in the middle of show season. Wrapped up SSITR went up to Chicago, heading to Barre, MA, Poconos, and Ozarks in the next month. This is literally the slowest time of the year for deliveries for them since they are on the road.

CO D12

• they are...but they are in the middle of show season. Wrapped up SSITR went up to Chicago, heading to Barre, MA, Poconos, and Ozarks in the next month. This is literally the slowest time of the year for deliveries for them since they are on the road.

Yes this is very true :thumbsup:

• The only website that I have found that has the T-top like I want is: allthingsslingshot.com

oh yeah...in that case it will be a little bit of a wait.

Per their website:

"This is a made to order item, please allow 2 to 3 weeks prior to shipping"

And I am going to assume powder coating might take a few days as well. needless to say...4 weeks plus shipping time minimum.

CO D12

• also its a Canadian company so you might want to allow a bit more time for shipping

• Its raining here currently so I'm going to take a couple minutes to share a little project I recently completed. Let me start by thanking MiM for the idea, it was his sling that gave me the inspiration to change mine. I didn't know what lights he had used to replace his headlights but I liked the look so I went looking and found something similar looking on Amazon, So my honey ordered these

The left one was listed as an 8 degree spot beam while the one on the right was listed as

A 90 degree flood both listed as 18 watt . I mounted the floods outboard and spots inboard

I used a degree indicator to set the angle at 85 degrees and that seems to be close

Now I'll have to get some LEDs for those center lights :)

• If they are taking orders at all these summer slingshot events the demand could be real high causing more delays for making and shipping. It could also depend on if they make the items in house or have a supplier they use. Face it the slingshot is still a relatively new vehicle. It’s not like a vehicle that’s been made for the last 30 years.....parts aren’t just laying around in huge warehouses. I would expect slingshot accessories to be “made to order” for many years to come. Especially on big ticket items....plan ahead and wait for holiday discount sales....

• Today, I converted from standard air to Nitrogen in my tires. I know there are those who say this is bull, but I did it, and time will tell how well it works for me. I do have a boat trailer that is 3 years old and the pressure is right on where normally we lose pressure every year due to the seasonal temperature changes that we see in the Midwest.

• Today, I converted from standard air to Nitrogen in my tires. I know there are those who say this is bull, but I did it, and time will tell how well it works for me. I do have a boat trailer that is 3 years old and the pressure is right on where normally we lose pressure every year due to the seasonal temperature changes that we see in the Midwest.

I have thought about this, there is a local place that does all their tires with nitrogen and my brother in law takes their vehicles there for tires and gets them topped off there whenever they get low. I havent bothered since I have a compressor sitting right in my garage next to our vehicles and it is just easier to do it at home.

one thing I have wondered is if the air that is in the tire before you pump the Nitrogen dilutes the Nitrogen or reduces the benefits - - I dont think there is any way to get 100% of the air out is there?

• I have thought about this, there is a local place that does all their tires with nitrogen and my brother in law takes their vehicles there for tires and gets them topped off there whenever they get low. I havent bothered since I have a compressor sitting right in my garage next to our vehicles and it is just easier to do it at home.

one thing I have wondered is if the air that is in the tire before you pump the Nitrogen dilutes the Nitrogen or reduces the benefits - - I dont think there is any way to get 100% of the air out is there?

atmospheric air is 78% nitrogen, where I work we produce pure nitrogen and oxygen for industrial use. I have access to a 5500 hp compressor for all the nitrogen I need. I run it in all my tires. Just because I can, would I go out and pay to have it put in my tires? Probably not.

• I have thought about this, there is a local place that does all their tires with nitrogen and my brother in law takes their vehicles there for tires and gets them topped off there whenever they get low. I havent bothered since I have a compressor sitting right in my garage next to our vehicles and it is just easier to do it at home.

What I have is a 40 cuft tank of Nitrogen that I use for HVAC work, so I decided to add a regulator that allows me to use an air chuck and do it myself saving $4.00 per tire (I figured a dollar a tire for me to refill my tank)

Here is my procedure:

Jack tire off ground

Remove valve core

When air stops exiting stem

Add short shot of Nitrogen (about 2 lbs) I BELIEVE THIS STEP IS WHAT WILL PURGE MOST MOISTURE OUT OF TIRE

Let that exit from stem

Re-Install Core

Fill to Pressure per label on slingshot.

Replace caps with Green Colored cap to indicate No2...

For what it is worth: I do know that when I fill from my shop compressor, there is a high amount of moisture that comes with the fill as the process of compressing air does create condensation.... Yes I use a moisture trap at the regulator, but my shop air system piping is over 50ft, and I do see moisture at hose ends.

• Got an Amazon link for those lights? My Amazon search-fu didn't find anything like the ones in your pics. Also, do you have any driver's perspective pics showing how much the spot vs flood projects light down the road? I have the SlingshotOnly 6-LED headlight bulb set with SlingMods Canadian Headlights and would still like to get more light down-the-road. Lighting to the sides is OK, but I definitely want/need more light down-road for my night rides at speed.

I'd be particularly interested in the 8 degree Spot lights to hopefully concentrate the light down-the-road. Back in the late 2000s, I remember seeing listings for 10 or 15 degree spots that cost around $150-300 each, which was outside my available budget, so I never tried them.

• Got an Amazon link for those lights? My Amazon search-fu didn't find anything like the ones in your pics. Also, do you have any driver's perspective pics showing how much the spot vs flood projects light down the road? I have the SlingshotOnly 6-LED headlight bulb set with SlingMods Canadian Headlights and would still like to get more light down-the-road. Lighting to the sides is OK, but I definitely want/need more light down-road for my night rides at speed.

I'd be particularly interested in the 8 degree Spot lights to hopefully concentrate the light down-the-road. Back in the late 2000s, I remember seeing listings for 10 or 15 degree spots that cost around $150-300 each, which was outside my available budget, so I never tried them.

wife ordered on her phone so I don't have a link at the moment but I just searched 3.5 Inch round led light . Don't have any other pics yet but I can say they're brite. I still have halogen centers and when you hit the brights they light up higher but not farther

• wife ordered on her phone so I don't have a link at the moment but I just searched 3.5 Inch round led light . Don't have any other pics yet but I can say they're brite. I still have halogen centers and when you hit the brights they light up higher but not farther

Thanks for the size info. I found an 8 degree spot light matching the 3.5" diameter, 18W specs that looks like it might work - https://smile.amazon.com/6KLED…-Auxiliary/dp/B01CTG55TI/. Also found several other links to check out.

• I went one step further and replaced the air in my tires with helium. Whenever I got a flat, I would just yell funny at the tires. Then I thought it may have a performance improvement. I was correct. Now whenever I'm late, I can FLY past all the traffic and arrive on time :):):)

Never be held prisoner to your past. It was a life lesson - NOT a life SENTENCE

• wife ordered on her phone so I don't have a link at the moment but I just searched 3.5 Inch round led light . Don't have any other pics yet but I can say they're brite. I still have halogen centers and when you hit the brights they light up higher but not farther

MiM got his lights from me. They are actually Rugged Ridge LEDs that have a heat rating of over 6000 so a very bright white.

Just an FYI. You can find them out there for less money but you have to be careful with what you order off Amazon. With LEDs you really do have to worry about the old saying " you get what you pay for".

I run the Rugged Ridge dual beams that have Amber running lights.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: