What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Well it didn't feel good to leave for a 500 mile trip to central Oregon and a 2,000+ mile trip to Alberta, Canada, complete with drag night, on that tire so it got retired. My plan was to smoke it off on my way to the tire shop but I guess I'm not as rambunctious as I used to be. I did drop the nannies and drove like an idiot though so there's that. I have only about 30 miles on it so far Joey and I haven't noticed any noise at all. I did get a high pitched squeal leaving the tire shop that makes me think it might be a bit loud when spinning. I'll keep you posted on that. I can say that the General felt better rolling out the door the Kenda ever did. I'll have it broke in soon and have a better idea of it's handling and performance but I'm quite happy with it so far.

The next tires that I buy will be the General's. I would have them now but they were not on the market at that time and I needed tires.

• I am running the General Max AS-05 on all three corners and I cant find a thing wrong with them. Rode in rain, heat, and twisites. The rear doesn't screech too bad on a spirited launch. Happy. Need a new rear tire soon so think I am going to go up to the 255/45/R20 and try a little taller side wall.

• decided to polish my knob - :evil: - I didnt care for the bluish cast of the "neo-chrome" finish so I threw some red jewelers rouge on the buffing wheel and buffed it to where it is just straight polished stainless steel - what do you think?

i-MRXbWTm-X3.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• Looks just like the DDM stainless ball that I polished

I also have the 1320 brushed stainless teardrop and really like it - thats why I ordered the round 1320 knob, Wasnt really sure what "neo-chrome" was and when I got I wasnt really thrilled, it was sort of a multi color finish going from bluish to a warmer yellowish - My A.D.D kept me noticing uneven areas that just bugged me and when I got home today I popped it off and buffed it - - - NOW its what I wanted nice and heavy and now an easy to maintain polished finish. I must admit I have also looked at the DDM stainless knobs, but at this point I think the two I have should cover the stainless options - my grandkids are really into Pokemon so I may have to get a red and white poke ball shift knob from 1320 at some point in the future :thumbsup:

• My dealer just told me that the 2020 Polaris Slingshot will have the Polaris engine one point something with a turbo. Anyone know anything else about this

I may or may not have heard whispers in Huntsville. If I did, it could have been mentioned that it was a new designed engine built for the Slingshot only, not one they grabbed off the shelf. There may or may not have been many rumors floating about. One that I seem to remember was that this also allows them to have an automatic. But I may or may not have heard that the automatic might be the only option, at least at first.

Not saying the above is true or false. I do remember having conversations with some of the members here about the fact that if it's turbo'd already, it will be limited on how much HP more we could get out of it. Likely not a lot, so the Ecotech will still be the desired engine if you want to get bigger numbers. Good chance this might bring the values of the pre 2020's up also.

Then again, I might have just been dreaming all of this..... :/;)

• I am running the General Max AS-05... The rear doesn't screech too bad on a spirited launch.

Say what? I ripped that tire off after like 600mi due to how loud it was when the tire broke free. I love the sound, however I break the tire free all the time and didn't want the unnecessary attention called to me. The Kenda is silent when it breaks free unless extremely hot.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I may or may not have heard whispers in Huntsville. If I did, it could have been mentioned that it was a new designed engine built for the Slingshot only, not one they grabbed off the shelf. There may or may not have been many rumors floating about. One that I seem to remember was that this also allows them to have an automatic. But I may or may not have heard that the automatic might be the only option, at least at first.

Not saying the above is true or false. I do remember having conversations with some of the members here about the fact that if it's turbo'd already, it will be limited on how much HP more we could get out of it. Likely not a lot, so the Ecotech will still be the desired engine if you want to get bigger numbers. Good chance this might bring the values of the pre 2020's up also.

Then again, I might have just been dreaming all of this..... :/;)

Polaris assigned a number to it a few years ago while we were in Blairsville, so we knew it was coming

• decided to polish my knob - :evil: - I didnt care for the bluish cast of the "neo-chrome" finish so I threw some red jewelers rouge on the buffing wheel and buffed it to where it is just straight polished stainless steel - what do you think?

i-MRXbWTm-X3.jpg

Going to need to keep a polishing rag handy... That sure does look like a fingerprint magnet!! Looks awesome though.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Going to need to keep a polishing rag handy... That sure does look like a fingerprint magnet!! Looks awesome though.

yea it will be a fingerprint magnet, but it was already that way with the "neo-chrome" finish it came with.

• Say what? I ripped that tire off after like 600mi due to how loud it was when the tire broke free. I love the sound, however I break the tire free all the time and didn't want the unnecessary attention called to me. The Kenda is silent when it breaks free unless extremely hot.

Seriously, mine doesn't screech too bad on hard acceleration but I don't do it that often. Oh well, it is what it is and it has been rock solid in the rain for me.

• Going to need to keep a polishing rag handy... That sure does look like a fingerprint magnet!! Looks awesome though.

I was poking around on Amazon and I found this official licensed Marvel Spiderman shift knob cover - - - in fast red, how could I possible resist :thumbsup:

it will be here Tuesday

i-2sdDFQd.png

should help keep the knob clean and also cool

• got a link?