What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • I will just as soon as I put a few miles on them. Just to be sure I could judge them on their own I drove last week with no windshield - this way I can see how much do compared to nothing and also compared to the blade. Figured this would tell me more than going straight from the blade to the bubbles

okay, first report on my new double bubble windshield. After my first ride into work with the new windshield I can say they are pretty much what I was expecting - really good airflow, but with enough shielding to keep it from directly hitting my face

having ridden with no windshield this last week I can say that was too much at much over 45 or so the wind rushing past my ears was uncomfortably loud with just a 1/2 helmet, with the dual windshield that problem is gone, there is more noise than with the blade but for me being 6 foot tall the direct blast goes over and around my head - The best way I can describe it is that the wind flow around my upper body is almost the same as it was with the blade windshield. the wind hits me on the outside shoulder the same and it goes over my head the same and the big difference is that with the dual bubble wind now hits my inside shoulder and arm the same way in hits my outside shoulder. Whats really different, and for me improved, is that the increased amount of air swirling around my legs in the foot well, its much much nicer - - this is what I was really hoping would happen with this new windshield - it was 75 on this mornings ride into work and my legs were actually cold and I am fully expecting this increased air flow to make my 110 degree plus afternoon rides much more comfortable and to keep those dang foot wells at a much nicer temperature by helping to quickly evacuate any excess engine heat that might try settle in :thumbsup:

Edit: I will add this here so that this is all in one place - rode home this afternoon and it was 107 degrees - - I am very happy with the increased air circulation. even stopped at lights there was more air movement and the foot well never got any hotter than the ambient air temp in the rest of the cockpit.

I can honestly say that I am 100% satisfied with the dual windshield setup, for me here in the desert and for my riding which is done mostly alone it does exactly what I need.

i-qMtZ4cV-X2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Received my Passenger warning sticker today!! The wife LOVES it!!!

Thanks for the great work Slingshot Garage !!! You and SundreSlingQueen are the best!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Love it!

Is that an old fashioned cigarette lighter mounted?

Thanks wokka . Yep, that's a good ole fashioned cigarette lighter & USB ports. The wife smokes and always struggles to light a smoke while we're driving with a lighter. She loves my set-up now, and it's illuminated at night.

I was just going to say...where did you get this

It would be nice to hook one up constantly hot and one on the key...

Bigdog .... I sourced the waterproof USB ports / utility outlet from Amazon. I had to source the actual cigarette lighter assembly separately and fit it in place of the 12 volt utility outlet. I was surprised that there are not many 12 volt outlets out there anymore, that will accommodate a standard lighter element.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I sourced the waterproof USB ports / utility outlet from Amazon. I had to source the actual cigarette lighter assembly separately and fit it in place of the 12 volt utility outlet. I was surprised that there are not many 12 volt outlets out there anymore, that will accommodate a standard lighter element.

I have the same SS badge, and the same aluminum badge on my (also fast red) SS. I've been looking at doing exactly what you have done here for my wife. She doesn't smoke, never has, but she's cold at times and I got her a heated blanket. I need at least 15 amps to be safe for that blanket, and the standard plugs in the SS aren't heavy enough to supply the power needed. Thanks for showing this picture, I'll be looking for one similar to hook up after vacation. She doesn't really need the powered blanket until fall now anyway..... ^^:D

• I have the same SS badge, and the same aluminum badge on my (also fast red) SS. I've been looking at doing exactly what you have done here for my wife. She doesn't smoke, never has, but she's cold at times and I got her a heated blanket. I need at least 15 amps to be safe for that blanket, and the standard plugs in the SS aren't heavy enough to supply the power needed. Thanks for showing this picture, I'll be looking for one similar to hook up after vacation. She doesn't really need the powered blanket until fall now anyway..... ^^:D

Don't think Sharon will need a heated blanket in Huntsville????

• I have the same SS badge, and the same aluminum badge on my (also fast red) SS. I've been looking at doing exactly what you have done here for my wife. She doesn't smoke, never has, but she's cold at times and I got her a heated blanket. I need at least 15 amps to be safe for that blanket, and the standard plugs in the SS aren't heavy enough to supply the power needed. Thanks for showing this picture, I'll be looking for one similar to hook up after vacation. She doesn't really need the powered blanket until fall now anyway..... ^^:D

Looks like at this point I'm planning on heading South early on Wed am... See You in Huntsville.

Same here Goats_Hogs . I wanted a good power source for the lighter. It worked out great for the location, because I was able to tap into one of the main wires behind the head unit. (30 amp if I remember correctly)

It's always powered, but I wanted it that way, because I can use it without having to have the key on. I put a 20 amp fuse between the lighter and the main line, and a 10 amp fuse to the USB ports.

• Can anyone shed some light on if it is ok to install DDM 3 way shocks upside down in the front so the adjustments are on top for easy access. And if so, do you have to move the top bushing to the bottom and bottom to the top?:/

Spoke with Dave yesterday. Always nice when you call a business and a real person answers the phone right off the bat much appreciated. Dave tells me they can be mounted upside down ( bushings would have to be reversed ) but there may be clearance issues on the lower portion. I will not be in there that often so I am going to install them the way they were meant to be.

• Spoke with Dave yesterday. Always nice when you call a business and a real person answers the phone right off the bat much appreciated. Dave tells me they can be mounted upside down ( bushings would have to be reversed ) but there may be clearance issues on the lower portion. I will not be in there that often so I am going to install them the way they were meant to be.

Good service there! I have high respect for Dave and that company! I already had my QA1's, or I'd have went with Dave's shocks. The QA1's are adjusted at the top, so the fronts are on as intended. The rear I installed upside down, so that I could adjust that one easily. I was told that this was the normal way they were installed on the SS for that reason. 2 years, zero issues.

• Spoke with Dave yesterday. Always nice when you call a business and a real person answers the phone right off the bat much appreciated. Dave tells me they can be mounted upside down ( bushings would have to be reversed ) but there may be clearance issues on the lower portion. I will not be in there that often so I am going to install them the way they were meant to be.

I have to agree that it is great to have vendors like Dave who are here when you need them. It just makes things so much nicer

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• Has anyone ordered anything from allthingsslingshot? I ordered the new T-Top more than 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything from them. They must ship by Mule Train or a Slow boat to China. I would like to install my top before Summer is over.

I ordered the NASCAR windshield and got it in a few days. kev a little help here?

CO D12

Hahn SST stage 2X PRP Seats Sparco Steering Wheel (Not SLR) w/ NRG 3.0 Quick release Canadian Headlight R-Shot Accessories Windscreen Rear Protection Plate by Slinglow NASCAR Windshield Kenwood Double DIN SSV head pods with Polk DB 6.5"s SSV Works Subwoofer enclosure w/10" JL Audio Kenwood Amps Slingshot Side Storage 11 Piece Mat Kit TD Canvas top TD lip spoiler 22" Asanti Wheels TD sway bar TD shifter boot cover & parking brake Graphics by AMR Racing QA1 front TrakHamr rear

• Has anyone ordered anything from allthingsslingshot? I ordered the new T-Top more than 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything from them. They must ship by Mule Train or a Slow boat to China. I would like to install my top before Summer is over.

I ordered a windshield a little over a week ago from them and It shipped last Friday, and supposed to arrive tomorrow. No problem with them at all. The tops my be made to order and take a little more time. May want to give kev a call. I am sure he would be more than happy to talk with you.

:SUNSETSS: