What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • yes it was a sharp wheel but unfortunately for anybody liking it , while there are still some available at amazon dealers, believe it or not we can no longer get red or green stitching new from Assault, They have discontinued that wheel in red stitching , The new ones are now only available in gray white or black stitching , That sucks, but remember Slingshot products are a small small niche, while it sold a few for slingshots , there isn't enough interest in utv markets for that color any longer , so they no longer producing them , compared to the slingshot market , the UTV market is huge yet it is still considered a niche market .. I loved that wheel.

Possible that is the reason. Mine, unfortunately, sits out in the sun whenever I drive it to work. It also has about 38k on it, mostly in the sun. My red is more pink now, the color has faded. I've considered using black shoe polish (the old paste type) to hide it if it gets bad enough.

• A couple of weekends ago, while at ericastar76 house Joker256 & ericastar76 finished up my Joker Lights and all wired up to Erica's awesome switch panel (ps. if you don't have this yet with her wiring, hurry up) Below is a little video of the lights and a pic of Erica's switch panel. A BIG SHOUT OUT to both Joker256 @ ericastar76 and a sincere THANK YOU

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• well I finally got this installed yesterday, I still have to do some paint and sanding to get the sharp points off but it is at least 99% done. Here is a pic of the wing that I just added to my SS.

That looks cool , but I bet it is hard to find a cover for it to fit. Looks great.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I have not tried to cover it yes as I just got it put together last night, I have the full covermax cover and yeah it will probably just go over the wing and across the bottom of the tail and leave the rear tire exposed. I usually keep it in the garage, but seeing as how its an older house, it gets dustier in the garage than it does sitting outside exposed to the pollen lol. but at least it isn't getting wet I guess.

• The double DIN mounting kit is installed to the dash (OEM 2018) Here are the pictures: including some with the optional splash guard. I'm just waiting for material which goes behind the splash guard.

The whole mounting kit can be installed without any drilling or cutting.

The optional splash guard snaps in place without tools.

I should be able to offer it next week.

• New Action Camera arrived!

I decided against the Go Pro Hero line - too expensive and I didn't really need waterproofing. After research, decided to go with SJCAM's SJ8 Pro camera.

4K video at 60 fps, 6-axis gyro stabilized, large touch screen, about $220 with its accessories. This camera also came with a remote control that allows me to turn camera on and off, start and stop videos, take single or burst photos. The remote came attached to a watch band that would fit Godzilla, but the remote pops out and is compact enough to velcro to the dash. I will post a full review of the camera after I get some photos with it.

I added a UV filter (protects the lens without having to use the waterproof box),

camera frame (not waterproof - but not sound proof either!), and some aluminum bolts and a ball-joint mount, hard case for camera & accessories, helmet mount, etc. Total came to about $280 - quite a bargain.

I used the ZZP mount (contact Kyle D !) for behind the roll hoops. Some have commented that a camera mounted back there shows the edge of the hoop in the frame. I found an aluminum ball-joint mount that lifts the camera about 3 inches, not only makes positioning the camera easier, but clears the hoops completely.

I'm also putting a second "flying mount" on the nose cone in front of the center headlights (Thank you edwardaneal !) - may add other mounts later. Of course - since I have a new camera to try out, its raining cats and dogs today! I will post videos when I get some footage.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I used the ZZP mount (contact Kyle D !) for behind the roll hoops. Some have commented that a camera mounted back there shows the edge of the hoop in the frame. I found an aluminum ball-joint mount that lifts the camera about 3 inches, not only makes positioning the camera easier, but clears the hoops completely.

If you position the mount facing the front of the vehicle and point the camera towards the front, you will not see the roll hoop in the picture. The mounts are reversible and can be flipped around if you want a rear facing shot and again you would not see the roll hoop. For those who are putting the mount facing the rear and trying to get a front shot, the mount is being mounted and utilized incorrectly. However, if the camera is put on a taller mount like Doc&Ruby used, then it would not matter the direction the mount faces.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• If you position the mount facing the front of the vehicle and point the camera towards the front, you will not see the roll hoop in the picture. The mounts are reversible and can be flipped around if you want a rear facing shot and again you would not see the roll hoop. For those who are putting the mount facing the rear and trying to get a front shot, the mount is being mounted and utilized incorrectly. However, if the camera is put on a taller mount like Doc&Ruby used, then it would not matter the direction the mount faces.

Quite true.... but I wanted the cool logo facing forward. :)

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.