FIRST 24,500 POST ARCHIVE : What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....? CLOSED THREAD

• The picture on the box shows the filter being tapered, but the actual filter is cylinder shaped. Just like the white filter that came stock on my 2018 SL. K&N part number RC-2530. Take a look at it on there website.

Thanks mate - that's exactly the info I was searching for!

Gonna order mine today.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Installed the Digital Dawg keyless start today, since everything is hidden, no real pics, easy install.

aczzY3U.jpg

wokka ,

Seen this post the other day. Been looking at them for a little while. Went ahead and purchased one and got it installed today. Sure is convenient. I was talking with a guy at Digital Guard Dog before my purchase about the optional harness where you can still use the key. He said it wasn’t necessary anymore that the new systems can be started using the on/off switch by switching it off/on in a certain order. Each system comes with a default code and can be changed to whatever code you want. Didn’t know if you were aware of this . See page 16 in the manual it came with. Did you install the plastic key cover? If you did, how did you do it?

:SUNSETSS:

• Doc&Ruby

The picture on the box shows the filter being tapered, but the actual filter is cylinder shaped. Just like the white filter that came stock on my 2018 SL. K&N part number RC-2530. Take a look at it on there website. I attached a couple pictures of mine.

I bought this for my add-on OEM SLR CAI:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-F…ksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The description says 3" inner diameter but mine seemed to be about 1/4" larger so I just shimmed it with a 1" wide strip of old bicycle tubing -- 29":

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Duro-…121c81:g:NaEAAOSwat5baa~h

Otherwise fits perfectly and, unlike others I've found, has a small bolt built in that attaches to the existing bracket.

• And who said Joey was not a nice guy? MiM ? I know he is a good man, he is asking all of us to come for BBQ and swim lessons this summer. Catch is you have to drive your sling.

JUST SAYIN

Yep... It was me... He's got me paying him in installments... Or else! beaten-squared

• wokka ,

Seen this post the other day. Been looking at them for a little while. Went ahead and purchased one and got it installed today. Sure is convenient. I was talking with a guy at Digital Guard Dog before my purchase about the optional harness where you can still use the key. He said it wasn’t necessary anymore that the new systems can be started using the on/off switch by switching it off/on in a certain order. Each system comes with a default code and can be changed to whatever code you want. Didn’t know if you were aware of this . See page 16 in the manual it came with. Did you install the plastic key cover? If you did, how did you do it?

I didn't read the manual well enough I guess. I'll read up on it.

The instructions said that the key cover would have some glue on the back, mine did not. I tried to wedge it between the outside cover and the key, used a piece of duct tape to hold it in place on the inside. It's bowing pretty bad and I need to figure out something better. May try to remove the ignition assembly and leave the cover there, taped.

Thanks for the info!

• wokka ,

My manual doesn't have a 16, only goes up to 9. I checked their webpage : https://www.digitalguarddawg.c…on/other-vehicles/kim-ss/ (click on the Manuals tab at the bottom) and it only goes up to 9 as well.

• Ah, you have the KIM-U / P manual. I'm using the KIM-SS model. My box looks the same, but they sent me the manual for the SS.

So, I went to look for the manual for the KIM-U and the P like you have, found the U and the P on their website under Motorcycles. They don't have a combined one like you do and clicked on the P : https://www.digitalguarddawg.c…M-P%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

File name says it's the KIM-P, but it loads a KIM-Y per the title page, and is 11 pages long. Doesn't mention a bypass. The U manual didn't have anything either.

Guess I can contact DD and ask them about it :)

Do you mind taking a pic of page 16 for me?

• Finally got around to installing 1320 V2 header and cat delete. Huge shout out to Goats_Hogs for coming over with his handy-dandy spring tool and putting springs back on, saved me a lot of aggravation, many choice words and prolly a half pint of blood . :thumbsup:

• Installed the DDMWorks 4-Piece Billet Aluminum Hose Clamp Set (Red) and the Madstad Coil Pack Cover (Red). Another easy horsepower addition. Yeah, they were expensive, but I like how they look.

2015 Polaris Slingshot SL - Red Pearl

:REDSS::HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS:

• Talk about timing! I jumped in my Sling in the garage yesterday, started it up and drove 20 miles north to the next county up to do some banking at my credit union of choice. When I came back out my Sling would not start. No lights, spool up or anything. A quick check of my pockets revealed that I did not have my Digital Guard Dawg fob with me. It was hanging on my key hanger in the house about 15 feet away from the Sling and was close enough to start the vehicle. I had tested this before and the vehicle would not start. It must be right at the effective limit. So I called my wife and she went home, verified that I left the fob behind, and texted me this page from the DGD manual. I tried 100 times but could not get the override to work so she had to drive the fob up to me. I honestly don't remember changing the code, and didn't write a new code down in the manual, so I'll call DGD today to try to troubleshoot. Here is page 16. If you want to use the code listed to steal my Sling, good luck! It will be changed when I get it to work. I highly recommend testing this procedure and memorizing the two digit code before you actually need it. This isn't going to help if your code is different. Maybe they all come with the same initial code - I doubt it.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, it's The Show!8)