FIRST 24,500 POST ARCHIVE : What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....? CLOSED THREAD

• Looks like you went with a conventional 4-wheel TPMS display. Do you remember where you bought it?

• Looks like you went with a conventional 4-wheel TPMS display. Do you remember where you bought it?

Cheap one from ebay, bought one and put into one of our nissan cars to test, after running it for a couple of weeks, bought a 2nd one for the SS. Details on it are at TPMS

I haven't mounted the display unit yet, gotta build me something to mount it. Until then, I'm just leaving it in the glove box. The bouncing around it's getting in there has caused it to factory default on me a couple of times, reverting the display back to bars instead of PSI and Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. I have not had that issue with the one in the car, and it's not mounted either, stays in a cup holder for now, but I'm guessing it's the bouncing it gets in the SS.

For $30, I think it's worth it and works well with just 3 wheels setup.

• $40,000 was a hell of a lot of money back in the 60's. Good thing generators we're cheap for cars and trucks back then. AC Delco unit maybe?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Ordered a set of SlingLenz a week or so ago. They arrived a couple of days ago and I put them on this morning.

Thanks, Mark! They look darned good.

Nuc’em likes ‘me too!

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Ordered a set of SlingLenz a week or so ago. They arrived a couple of days ago and I put them on this morning.

What was the install like? Bolts, Screws, adhesive tape?

Just saw his site on the forum - looks like he went with screws - very nice!

“Vintage” Metallic Gray

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• You will need to drill four pilot holes for each lens. Very easy and quick install. Might have taken me 10 minutes. Nine were self-admiration. 😉

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• So because I'm cheap, I try and only buy things when on sale LOL. So last black Friday, we got a top... yeah, I know... Finally got most of it installed around Christmas and then finished it last week. Takes me a bit to do things!

We don't really like tops on the sling. Up here in NY, you want to stay warm in the sun. Got the new stingray so that we drive with it open or closed. Needed a top which mounted to the top of the roll hoops too as my helmet hits everything that mounts below it.

Anyway, here is. Also got my humps on!

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• $40,000 was a hell of a lot of money back in the 60's. Good thing generators we're cheap for cars and trucks back then. AC Delco unit maybe?

No, not back then....now....it happened about 8-10 years ago...still have it...

Most of the generator/starter rebuild businesses have gone out of business...

But you can buy guaranteed ones from major auto parts stores...

• Your MeanSling bags are blocking your brake light? Why not the roll bar hoops?

• Well, for the past week... Let's start with this.

Do you see a problem between these two pics?

DDM Tank and radiator cap.

Here is my story....

Last couple of rides, I was getting a whiff of coolant. Not steady, but intermittent puffs. So, I did the usual visual inspections, flashlight and mirror, and touchy- feely. Then went boroscope to the difficult areas. Still nothing. Bought a cheap Mityvac from Amazon and everything pressure tested well, no leaks.

The radiator cap that came with my DDM TANK is a bitch to take off and a pain to install. When I got the cap re-installed, I noticed the mistake I had made. Had forgotten from my pump jockey days, the quick alignment check of radiator cap to vent.

First pic above is cap not fully installed. Second pic above is fully locked and aligned with vent overflow tube.

The coolant in my Sling is three years old and they say change five years or 150,000 miles...

Decided to change it out.

For those who haven't done the silicon hose mod or coolant replacement... what a PITA to drain, flush, and refill the coolant in this Slingshot. This coolant system has a lot of fluid traps in it.

With a directional push from mytoy...

I bought a new billet and radiator cap.

Thanks mytoy! Much nicer!

And it fits the under hood engine scheme.

Bought the 16lb assy for the DDM Tank from Amazon. Billet Radiator Cap.

Mounted a new Nitto in the rear...

And cleaned Jezebel up for her hot day out!

Yep, scuffed up the rear tire on a ride to get rid of that oily fishtail feel from a new tire.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: