FIRST 24,500 POST ARCHIVE : What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....? CLOSED THREAD

• Somebody just installed one and gave feedback... Can't remember who though... They posted somewhere on the forum.

I, too, seem to remember seeing a positive review of the Pedal Max, but I can't remember who posted it or which forum it might have been on... CRS is a terrible thing!:D

• Race Star asked for some pics of their wheels on my sling, and while I had a couple, I didn't like the lighting. Lighting still wasn't perfect, sun was too far up by the time I had a chance to grab pics today, but it will have to do.

Full album : https://imgur.com/a/0G1Kocs

kbWlRFg.jpg

• I don't have a petal max but if what I'm reading is correct why wouldn't it make a difference?

If smashing it to the floor is a 1-10 response without and a 1-5 with, how is that not faster?

to hear the guy talking about it at the Sling-a-Rama in Fallbrook this last Saturday you would have thought that a Pedal Max combined with an exhaust and CAI was right up there with going boosted :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• to hear the guy talking about it at the Sling-a-Rama in Fallbrook this last Saturday you would have thought that a Pedal Max combined with an exhaust and CAI was right up there with going boosted :/

that is laughable at best, a lot of people are trying to compare the pedal max to the chips that are offered for other vehicles that are used to introduce aftermarket tunes,improved response, change computer settings which DO make a big difference by removing the limits set by manufacturers, however the pedal max IS NOT in any way shape or form like them.

Going full throttle with pedal max and full throttle without it gets you the same results, so for someone to even suggest or make even the slightest of hints that you gain power or that you could be "up there with going boosted" it shows that either they don't know what they are selling or trying to scam the ones going to the event that might not know what this really is.

In short Snake oil salesman tactic.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• that is laughable at best, a lot of people are trying to compare the pedal max to the chips that are offered for other vehicles that are used to introduce aftermarket tunes,improved response, change computer settings which DO make a big difference by removing the limits set by manufacturers, however the pedal max IS NOT in any way shape or form like them.

Going full throttle with pedal max and full throttle without it gets you the same results, so for someone to even suggest or make even the slightest of hints that you gain power or that you could be "up there with going boosted" it shows that either they don't know what they are selling or trying to scam the ones going to the event that might not know what this really is.

In short Snake oil salesman tactic.

Just to be clear - He never actually said you would gain horse power - it seemed more as if he were saying the response and snappiness would be similar. He also said it helped a great deal with boosted applications as well

As a side note we have at least two vendors here selling the Pedal Max, Slingshot only and All Things Slingshot - - If people have questions about this you can always go to the vendors page and ask them - hopefully they would have some personal experience to share

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• These products have no affect on tunes nor are they maps of any sort. What they do is adjust the factory delay of pedal input to TB actuator. Imagine you have an old school motorcycle throttle and then replace it for a 1/4 turn unit. Only difference between the two is when you experience what you already have on tap. Now if a cable actuated TB was set up(with TPS) I would be on that like yesterday.

• With my white and black SS, I've always felt it needed some color highlights, but was never sure where to put them. I'm a technical guy, not color coordinated. But with some help from my better half, she suggested some green, since I have a green helmet, Kawasaki green, since I have a Kawa bike. I'll be adding some color to it over the next few weeks with parts on order, but here are a couple of first steps.

The new wheels required new lugnuts and they only come in chrome, which I didn't feel worked well, so installed lug nut covers.

SNJEZRo.jpg

Swapped out the gear shift handle for something green, doesn't quite match my helmet, but I don't care :)

0JxV2X2.jpg

Next up is the rear wind restrictor, finally got a night picture of it, and yeah, I know it's not green, they didn't offer it in that color...

wclSr4V.jpg

Rear view pic of it:

x1AQ59r.jpg

Installed remote jumper ports in case I need to boost it again (faulty wiring issue already caused me to need this once). That other wire is my rear camera feed, not perfect, but it's out of the way :)

xP3hkjj.jpg

And behind the seat:

zqxH6qq.jpg

More to come later!

• Looking good ! wokka and if lrobbi asks, I did not sell you that wind restrictor ! Sorry Boss lol

I considered it briefly, but his isn't big enough! Yes, let the jokes roll in...

I usually link where I buy things, sorry, just don't let him see my blog edit...

• I considered it briefly, but his isn't big enough! Yes, let the jokes roll in...

I usually link where I buy things, sorry, just don't let him see my blog edit...

LOL...its okay,

I don't mind - I am here if that happens not to work out....

Your Slingshot is coming together NICELY - you are adding some GREAT Mods!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• MACAWS my new fog lights came in as I was about to leave... I couldn’t resist mounting them real quick (lol, mod addition is REAL)! :P

Hopping in the shower real quick... Should arrive by 9-9:30 (traffic permitting - heading right into rush hour). Will call you some point along the ride ~> If you’re still out of town, I’ll book an extra night at the hotel.

• Chain I went to AutoZone and got two battery terminal posts that are threaded. Not counting the two pigtail wires hot and ground they were less than 10 bucks. These are in the lower cut away on the driver side compartment . I now have a red cap on the forward post.

“Vintage” Metallic Gray

• Is this your own mod or did you buy a battery post kit. I am looking to make my own jump post.

It's my own design from pieced together parts found online.

Ebay Battery power junction post

Ebay Battery Cable Insulator Boot

Ebay 4 AWG copper battery cable

It's possible I could have gotten them elsewhere a bit cheaper, but then I'd have to drive around, etc. Time == Money for me

The insulator boot may be unnecessary, just wanted it to be sure nothing could hit and short it out.