FIRST 24,500 POST ARCHIVE : What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....? CLOSED THREAD

• I'm doing two things and I'm hoping the two will completely solve the fumes problem. I'm basically throwing money at it. High flow cat and a full wind restrictor on the roll bars.

Once they come in, I'll post pics and results.

just out of curiosity where are you getting a high flow cat? - - do you have a link

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• just out of curiosity where are you getting a high flow cat? - - do you have a link

I have the Welter 2.5" dual setup, getting this high flow cat directly from Jeff Welter and he doesn't have it on any of the websites, so no link, sorry.

Hopefully Jeff can post some info if others are interested in it.

Just fyi, the 2.5" Welter exhaust comes with a cat-delete pipe, but with my tall windscreen, it's just not viable.

I'm probably going overboard with doing both, but the boss doesn't like the exhaust, and the fumes are bad on my setup.

• that is what is driving my ship also lol. the boss. she doesn't like the smell and when I drive it to work I cant go in smelling like that so I have to fix it. whether it bothers me personally or not.

I have a Bassani side exit with the cat delete pipe. Other than the burn off for the first few miles I have never noticed any exhaust smell.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• The cat just turns it into a different smell that people do not notice as much.

now that sounds reasonable - if nothing else changes in the plumbing the direction the fumes take, whether into the cab or not, will not change. the only thing the Cat changes is the nature of the fumes.

• High Flow Cat

Seriously, it's also a matter of ventilation. Windshields like the Madstad, break the back pressure.

Man. What are you doing? Trying to post things like that in here.... this is the most active thread on the forum! Don't you know that when you post a picture of a wet..... I can't even say it..... this thread will be moved to the NSFW section? :00008356::00008172:

• High Flow Cat

Seriously, it's also a matter of ventilation. Windshields like the Madstad, break the back pressure.

That's exactly what I had hoped. I have the adjustable Twist Dynamics windshield, and even at the highest setting so we are getting a lot of air flow into the cockpit, we are being hit with fumes, even at high speed.

That makes no sense to me, but it's bad, enough she won't ride with me right now and I stink of exhaust.

But damn, does it run like a dream right now :)

• now that sounds reasonable - if nothing else changes in the plumbing the direction the fumes take, whether into the cab or not, will not change. the only thing the Cat changes is the nature of the fumes.

Correct and if you do not believe just get behind a car or truck that has a problem. I just replaced the fuel pump on the TA you could not even stand behind it for the stink, idle was all it would do.

• Well this winter was not a total waste i got the roof rack done / armrest speaker pods roll hoops speakers pods sanded and painted with ssv speakers with a kenwood 600 watt amp. Ceramic coated stainless steel exhaust i tried using the cat delete pipe but that did not work

had to reinstall the factory cat. The best and cheapest mod done was to add a clutch return spring it made the clutch feel more like a clutch. The clutch from the factory is so soft that it has no real feel to it this spring solves this problem. Cost $7.00 at O'Reilly time to install 15 minutes. Almost forget the charging ports

• As I've posted before, I loved the smell of leaded gas exhaust back when all cars used leaded gas.

Unleaded gas doesn't smell anywhere near as good. With the Slingshot, if the catalytic cleaner is removed, the additional fumes that got burned off using the cat guarantees a nasty smell which you may or may not notice during normal rides. Adding a Top and a solid windshield means you'll probably create a vacuum behind the windshield that will cause unburned exhaust fumes to be sucked up over the back of the Slingshot and end up in the cockpit.

• Well done! ~> 8):thumbup:

• Suggestion, there are many folks with short pipe exhaust in same place as stock with no cat and no smell. Wouldn't be a bad idea to take a ride at someplace like Maggie Valley to verify no exhaust odor and then try to figure out the differences.

You can always play "smelly cat" on the sound system.

• As I've posted before, I loved the smell of leaded gas exhaust back when all cars used leaded gas.

Unleaded gas doesn't smell anywhere near as good. With the Slingshot, if the catalytic cleaner is removed, the additional fumes that got burned off using the cat guarantees a nasty smell which you may or may not notice during normal rides. Adding a Top and a solid windshield means you'll probably create a vacuum behind the windshield that will cause unburned exhaust fumes to be sucked up over the back of the Slingshot and end up in the cockpit.

I have no issues using a Madstad Dual windshield and no cat.

• well unfortunately Maggie valley isn't in my future this year so will have to try and find another way. Again I was fine with all stock. never an issue, no fumes, nothing. Then I put on the CAT DELETE pipe and wow, crazy. That was the only change, so I am hoping that relocating the fumes out the back will fix it. I already bought the exhaust system and it gets here Monday so we will see shortly I guess. Crossing my fingers for now.

• well unfortunately Maggie valley isn't in my future this year so will have to try and find another way. Again I was fine with all stock. never an issue, no fumes, nothing. Then I put on the CAT DELETE pipe and wow, crazy. That was the only change, so I am hoping that relocating the fumes out the back will fix it. I already bought the exhaust system and it gets here Monday so we will see shortly I guess. Crossing my fingers for now.

and the problem for those wanting to know if this will happen to them is that your "stock" could be very different from my "stock"

To me "stock" = a very low blade type wind screen and no roof. To you stock includes a different wind screen and a roof

unfortunately the possible combination of roofs and wind screens makes the question a bit more complicated than it would be if there were only one possible definition of "stock"