FIRST 24,500 POST ARCHIVE : What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....? CLOSED THREAD

• I have found that the mirror extensions you can get from vendors/ebay are worthless... making some that will actually extend enough to make the passenger mirror useful again after installing the soft top. 4" X 1" with holes drilled 1/2 in from the ends using 1/4 inch aluminum. Already built and test fitted and the results are going to be great and very useful. Just need to paint and install. They won't be all cute and pretty but they will be totally useful instead of cute and useless.

An update to my evil plot after making my mirror extensions. The 1/4 inch aluminum bar made the mirrors shake to much, bought 1 inch bar and did a re do.

Let's cut some 1 inch bar stock and do it right.

Now let's get um drilled and tapped.

Time to test fit, check, and then paint.

Tested them on the worst set of railroad tracks I could find. Solid as a rock now and plenty of visibility. Me all done with this project.

• Nice job @War Hoop

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I thought you were the new GRAPHIC DESIGNER around here :thumbsup:
    What @edwardaneal posted is real cool with a “MY TOY” twist... fade color red, whit & blue.

@Slingshot Garage maybe make an emblem of color???

I think you are correct with the GRAPHIC part "NSFW" the rest I don't know. :00008172::00008172::00008356:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• How much for a set? Hell you can leave them raw and I'll paint them! :00000441:

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• How much for a set? Hell you can leave them raw and I'll paint them! :00000441:
    SSREAPER

If I had an easier way to tap those threads I could make up a few sets but tapping by hand is hard on my hands so maybe not. I should look around and see if they make a tapping attachment for my drill press. They do sell the attachments but looks like $300.00 bucks, ouch!

• Nothing spectacular, but I pulled off the rear wheel tonight to see if I could isolate a clicking noise while the rear wheel is turning. Cleaned the belt, not sure if that was all it was.

While I was there, I put on the rear flap that @Boomer so kindly gifted me. Thank you, sir! Had to do some minor surgery to make it fit around a cable on the right side...

• Nothing spectacular, but I pulled off the rear wheel tonight to see if I could isolate a clicking noise while the rear wheel is turning. Cleaned the belt, not sure if that was all it was.

While I was there, I put on the rear flap that @Boomer so kindly gifted me. Thank you, sir! Had to do some minor surgery to make it fit around a cable on the right side...

Great work @sideseatdriver! Hope summer is going well... Ready to get to it in August? :thumbsup:

• Nope, this was all him - I was out getting my taekwondo on. Guess I should go check to make sure the lug nuts are tight though... :rolleyes:
    And working on it! Have my orientation on the 26th, then hopefully I can get an official email and get going on my lesson planning.

I wondered how @KayTwo was able to do something on the Sling by himself and get it right. You had better do an inspection before riding in the Sling. :D:thumbsup:

• If I had an easier way to tap those threads I could make up a few sets but tapping by hand is hard on my hands so maybe not. I should look around and see if they make a tapping attachment for my drill press. They do sell the attachments but looks like $300.00 bucks, ouch!

@War Hoop Ok I understand....how about a counter offer... what if your were to leave them raw and untapped.

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Designed an aluminum tray to hold my aux fuse box and other electrical connections to mount over top of the (removed) pot belly stove. Need to get it welded.

Pics? I'm looking at making a tray for mine. I bought a larger 12 position (6 hot, 6 switched) fuse box with a higher capacity than the 60 amps on the one available through the vendors, and am looking for a place to mount it with a clean look.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, it's The Show!8)