FIRST 24,500 POST ARCHIVE : What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....? CLOSED THREAD

• I thought the box was empty, it was not and still had the E-3 spark plugs in it. Now they are installed on Sling II

The only time you will ever find the box empty is when you are holding a project together with one hand and you reach in with your free hand to get that last bolt, nut, brace...

And it's not there. ||

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Finally got a rear protection plate installed. Local guy sold his SS and never installed the plate Painted it white. Didn't realize how involved it was to install - gotta remove the whole rear panel. (I cheated and only removed the bottom, just enough to get the panel pulled away from the gas tank to drill the holes.) I painted it white to match The Force.

And then took a quick drive - first time I've had the SS out this year. I was worried about shifting with the broken wrist, but not problems whatsoever. I did burn off a lot more rear rubber than I should have.

• Here is something that I have never seen come up on the forum. When I pulled the stock sway bar the steering wheel was centered. When I installed the new DDM sway bar I just ruff set the links by the stock links with the Sling sitting on the jack stands. I took Sling II out today after all of the changes and the steering wheel was not centered, I never had checked the level of the sway bar. I pulled the front tires and rims to see if I could find a problem. I did not find anything. So the next thing that I did was take a short level and check the level on each side after another trip down the road. I pulled back in the play room and checked the level on each end of the sway bar. Guess what! one side was almost level by the bubble and the other was a full bubble off. When sitting on the jack stands everything looked good when I installed the sway bar. I will check it out tomorrow to see if this solved the problem.

• Here is something that I have never seen come up on the forum. When I pulled the stock sway bar the steering wheel was centered. When I installed the new DDM sway bar I just ruff set the links by the stock links with the Sling sitting on the jack stands. I took Sling II out today after all of the changes and the steering wheel was not centered, I never had checked the level of the sway bar. I pulled the front tires and rims to see if I could find a problem. I did not find anything. So the next thing that I did was take a short level and check the level on each side after another trip down the road. I pulled back in the play room and checked the level on each end of the sway bar. Guess what! one side was almost level by the bubble and the other was a full bubble off. When sitting on the jack stands everything looked good when I installed the sway bar. I will check it out tomorrow to see if this solved the problem.

Dave@DDMWorks Can you help with this?

It is pretty common to see pre-load on the stock sway bar with the stock end links. Ideally you want to adjust the sway bar end links while the normal passenger load is in the Slingshot. You want to adjust one sway bar end link until the sway bar is as close to horizontal as possible, then adjust the other sway bar end link until the bolt easily goes through the other mount hole with no effort.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• It is pretty common to see pre-load on the stock sway bar with the stock end links. Ideally you want to adjust the sway bar end links while the normal passenger load is in the Slingshot. You want to adjust one sway bar end link until the sway bar is as close to horizontal as possible, then adjust the other sway bar end link until the bolt easily goes through the other mount hole with no effort.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Thanks Dave, the problem was CRS the steering wheel was changed out before the Black Friday Sales and the Sling had not been on the road since way before that. That was also when I had to quit working on the Sling because of so much back pain. The steering wheel was not centered. I just finished with it a few minutes ago.

• Goodies for me today via Ebay and UPS. Got a great deal on the trailer cover. The box is really warn but the cover is brand new.

I have this cover and love it. One thing I will say is make sure the straps are nice and tight all the way around before trailering. If not you will get dull rub spots in the paint and I lost a lot of paint off my roll hoops.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke