Latest Track Video Up

• I apologize if I missed the thread for track videos.... Below is from this last weekend here in AZ at Wild Horse Pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJrG5zF_FNE&feature=youtu.be

Had a great time last weekend at the track and the quickness of the Slingshot continues to impress people. I am running in the middle group (speed) and there was only 1 car I couldn't keep up with. Those ZR1 Corvettes are pretty fast when they are on track tires. ;)

I am asking other Slingshot owners to come out and join the fun. It is a great and affordable place to improve your driving skills and to go as fast as you would like without the worry of large tickets.

Next event through ProAutosports AZ is Thanksgiving weekend (Fri - Sun). Click below for more details.
    http://www.proautosports.com/index.html

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Here is a couple of laps from the track day on Friday....

Slingshot Track Day Video - MONDO

Running a green spring that produces 12psi of boost on my machine. Installed ARP headstuds and was running VP Fuel MS109 mixed 50/50 with 91 to make sure I didn't get any detonation. Alpha sway bar installed with end links flipped to run on the stiffest setting.

It was hard to get open laps because I kept on catching people. 3 of 4 sessions were black flagged with crashes.

Top speed was well over 130mph on the straight away. Track was 2.5 miles long.

• My god you have no windshield! My head would blow off at those speeds!!!!

I gotta hand it to you... I couldn't run like that on a track... It requires much more balls than I will ever have.... Your engine sounds good also... Didn't hear anything that sounded like flutter or stuttering so you must have it dialed in perfectly...

• My god you have no windshield! My head would blow off at those speeds!!!!

I gotta hand it to you... I couldn't run like that on a track... It requires much more balls than I will ever have.... Your engine sounds good also... Didn't hear anything that sounded like flutter or stuttering so you must have it dialed in perfectly...

I saw a windshield......granted, it's not a tall boy, or smoked.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Honestly, the stability control does quite an amazing job in keeping you out of major trouble.

I wish I had the time/energy to post all of the laps. Some laps I was pushing really hard chasing a retired nascar road course car and full track setup Porsche GT3. On a couple of these laps, you can watch the stability control save my ass from spinning around a couple of times.

Those laps looked fast, but only because I was on the boundary of losing control. Times weren't any faster than the couple of laps seen in the video.

Watched a SRT 4 spin out and hit the wall, the nascar car spin, and a 2016 Z07 package Vette hit the wall and start on fire. 3 of 4 sessions had black flags.

• Love your video! My technical prowess is seriously lacking in the area of track racing. You make it look so simple. I'm not taking anything away from your skills...but you look flawless on the video! A serious nod to your training!! Keep up the great work of posting you track videos, and I will continue to live vicariously through you and your skills on the track!!! :thumbup: