LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• Holy shit, $125 an hour for labor???? That's audacious.
    And who is paying $12.50 per quart of oil?

Call the cops, that's robbery. F&%$ those guys.

That is $125 per hour for labor. Materials = $96.44 The rest is labor. That 2 hour of labor is also padded. I would let them know that I would never walk thru their doors again and I would let everyone know what is going on.

• I dunno, I kinda feel like we're doing a pretty good job on that front.... :evil:

They may not read the forum. Or they are like my dealer use to be when I tried to tell them something that I had found out on the forum. Now they ask me about everything SS and now they listen to everything that I say. They have found out through experience that they should listen to what I have to say. It has really surprized me how their attitude has changed.

• Well, aside from the Vaseline required service charge, they were pretty nice... @DKF Texas, do you get service there too? Did they just up charge me?

What about you @Storm?

For the 5000 mile service that's what I paid. I stayed and watched everything they did. It was every bit of 3 hours

• Well, aside from the Vaseline required service charge, they were pretty nice... @DKF Texas, do you get service there too? Did they just up charge me?

What about you @Storm?

I look at it like this and it helps me feel that the $300 service was worth it ....

I found a servicing dealer I like and can trust. A dealer that will talk to me about what they will and won't do - about what I should and I shouldn't do. I like our servicing dealer. I take interest in their lives outside the shop and they do the same. I always take a treat for the guys ...... even if it's just donuts.

They like me too ... or pretend very well .... they ask me about my family and what's next for mods - they share mods they've seen work well on others rides and what hasn't - they tell me about things as a dealership they are developing. I tell the their boss - and the owner - every time I see them how incredible their team is - and I tell them it is because of their team that goes the extra mile that I keep coming back.

They always review the work they are going to perform and how long it should take before they do anything. When they hand me the bill, I swallow hard and smile because I think that with the relationship we have built that they doing more than the way bam thank you ma'am oil change that has to be done before lunch or when the can go home. They are doing more like checking out all of the things on my Slingshot that could breakdown and leave me stranded or worse yet hurt Karianne or I.

I think it has all worked out to my benefit. Can I learn to change my own oil .... yes but would I catch that I had a small master cylinder leak .... probably not until it was bad. Whether my daily driver or our Slingshot I want someone who cares about me to work on it because I believe if you like me, care about me, or even only appreciate me bringing donuts that you'll go the extra mile to keep me coming back and would hate to see me go.

Now you might be saying to yourself that it shouldn't have to work this way but wouldn't you like it to if this was about your job - I would. Hey I'm just a goofy goober that doesn't know crap about vehicles but that's how we roll and it has lead to my servicing dealer doing INCREDIBLE things for us.

• STAND BY FOR A RANT AND RAVE BY YOURS TRULY!!!

I just got a call from my Dealer a little while ago. He politely informed me, his mechanic has to accomplish some extra work on my Sling in order to do some of the recall work. A lot of it has to do with moving the Welter Dual Rear Exhaust. WTF!?!?!? When I dropped off the Sling, I asked about the LEDs I have on the Swing Arm. I told them if they could just undo the 3M tape, I would bring some back (when I come back to pick up the Sling on Thursday) and just fix it myself. They said they would take care of that for no charge.
    Anyway, back to the original subject...
    Dealership calls me and says it is going to cast me $85 for the additional labor they have to expend on moving my "aftermarket" gear out of the way, so they can do the recall. They said they spoke with Polaris, and was told that the folks at Polaris would not cover that expense. The guy at my Dealership is a pretty stand-up kinda' guy. He gave me the number to Polaris Customer Service and told me to call them and explain the situation myself. He said he has seen this having more affect than the Dealership requesting compensation. In a nutshell, Polaris told me the same thing they told my Dealer. After a few choice words, I called the Dealership back. This is where it gets even better. The Dealership informed me to not even worry about the $85. They were going to absorb the cost of the Labor. This is why I keep coming back to the same Dealership!!!!
    Has anyone else had to deal with this type of issue????
    RANT officially over. You my now return to your regularly scheduled program.

I must say, I felt the anger in your words rising as the story continued, but at the end, when the dealer said they would absorb the cost, I felt like it was a great showmanship on the Dealer's side and shows that they are willing to work with people. Glad that got situated though. :thumbup:

• It's at the dealer for the recall, 70mph at 30 degrees is cold. First time catching snowflakes in a slingshot.

It gets addictive :)

Once you've parked it, you are itching to get her out again. But once you do, you don't want to park it again either, lol

What about you @Storm?

Well, I don't think I paid over $300, I'm thinking more around $250 in total, same place. Houston Motorsports on 1960 said that they would alternate the service price between $200 and $250 (this was when I first bought it, January 2016). I might still have my receipts at home, I'll double check. My plan was to do the first couple of services at the dealer, mainly just to check for any major issues, then I would probably only do the dealership service every other interval, and change the oil myself on the other interval. Should save some money that way, but still give me the peace of mind that I need with an "expert" looking things over every 10k miles or so. And being the cheap-ass that I am, I'll probably stretch that 5k mile service to 6k or 7k.

Beware of Sling Ninja...

• I might still have my receipts at home, I'll double check.

Well they got my receipt all messed up. I paid a total of $215. I was told that was for my 5k service, but the receipt shows that I was charged for some brake sensors or something. They must've just rang it up wrong. Danna was there at the same time, maybe they were distracted by her awesomeness. ;) I would say that Kevin (and another service tech who's name I didn't catch) was great to work with and knew their stuff, which was better than my experience at Houston Motorsports.

Not sure how you want to handle this, but these dealerships have to know that we talk to each other and share information. I feel like I can trust these guys to do what is right. Maybe you were over-charged, maybe I was under-charged... But I remember I was expecting to pay either $200 or $250, just because that was what I was quoted at the other place, and I thought they would be somewhat consistent. If in the long run it turns out that Mancuso is $100 more than the other place, well, that may just make my decisions a little more difficult... given that the other place is actually closer to me, and... well.... see my "cheap-ass" comment above.

(below are a couple of screenshots from my receipt, which had a few more warranty things on it as well.)

Beware of Sling Ninja...

• Thanks @Storm! Like @Ross said, I was happy with their service... Of course I'd love a better price, but looking the Sling over for issues is something I just don't know how to do... Will be doing own oil changes though every other interval (sounds like it will save a few like you mentioned)... And yes, I may stretch it too...

• It's at the dealer for the recall, 70mph at 30 degrees is cold. First time catching snowflakes in a slingshot.

I'm at dealer right now, for recalls and a warranty repair. Left the house before 6AM (34 deg.) to get to dealer by 9AM; arrived closer to 10. No alt. transport, so I'm here until it's done. Shop just closed but their putting in overtime to get me back on my way home tonight. Maybe another hour or two. Temps will be dipping below 40 before I get back on the road, with 50% chance of rain (of course) and streets are already damp from drizzle. Should be a fun ride home. :cool:

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• I'm at dealer right now, for recalls and a warranty repair. Left the house before 6AM (34 deg.) to get to dealer by 9AM; arrived closer to 10. No alt. transport, so I'm here until it's done. Shop just closed but their putting in overtime to get me back on my way home tonight. Maybe another hour or two. Temps will be dipping below 40 before I get back on the road, with 50% chance of rain (of course) and streets are already damp from drizzle. Should be a fun ride home. :cool:

Interesting. Long ride for you, and of course, it will rain. They told me I needed to overnight, but it sounds like you will not. Was A.J. there to take care of you?