LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• I use search when looking for issues but I was not aware of this bearing issue... I had been driving mine and even told my dealer a while back I thought there was a noise back there but they didn't seem to concerned, only lately I noticed more noise and actual movement when taking off..I guess I should have pressed issue a little more. I will be ordering a new set of bearings this week. Great heads up, glad you wrote that statement as that got gears in my head turning..

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• Just remember there are 3 pieces. 2 bearings and 1 bushing. $175.82 is what I paid including shipping --- 3514773 wheel bearing rear $78.29 --- 3514760 bearing rear $56.54 --- 5138040 Bushing-needle, axle $26.99

Hmm, you know ... with the unlikely chance that dealers would have bearings in stock, perhaps ordering a set, and keeping them on the sling while on vacations, isn't a bad thing. I mean, I carry a belt already.

This thought never occurred to me. But the down time and unexpected cost of hotels and such while on the road would simply ruin a trip.

• That is pricey, but being down in middle of cruising season would outweigh that by a mile!!

and often, Polaris, in their ultimate WISDOM, does NOT carry a complete set in 1 warehouse. To the laymen- translated: when you order them for overnight shipping- they ship them from 2, sole a separate locations, so you can pay an additional $134.52....... (NO ONE except Polaris knew this at the time of the order, and they failed to share the information.....
    Mothership to Polaris worker bee: "we screwed them again."

• Got mine back last night, the belt always road good on pulley, but always near inner side of drive pulley. I looked at it last night and now I have just a tad of that inner pulley showing now, the belt is riding in a better spot that ever before and its nice to have at least for now, a quiet rear end with no noise due to bad bearings..

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• Thought I would give you guys that bought at Colemans Power Sports a update I spoke with Service this morning and they have my swingarm and all other parts for the recall except the steering knuckle which they're waiting on as soon as they get that he said they would Bring my sling in for all the recalls ..... also he told me they had all the swingarms for all recalls

• ... also he told me they had all the swingarms for all recalls

That's an odd statement for a dealer to make. I have to assume they meant they have "all the swingarms they've requested, so far." I'd be surprised if they had extras, unless they ordered one for every SS they sold, whether the customer requested it or not.

Nice to hear Coleman has changed their service schedule from the "drop it off and we'll get to it when we can" method. ;)

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• I have to admit that when I lived in Springfield, VA from 1984 - 2009, I never had a good vibe about Coleman Powersports. Never liked the vehicle pricing, but did buy an occasional accessory from them.
    I developed a good relationship with Village Powersports in Unionville, VA. If I had still been living in Virginia when I bought my Slingshot, I'd probably have gone there.

• my dealership is replacing 173 swingarms total. Mine is in now for the swingarm, fuel line, master cylinder gasket and brake reprogramming, additional steering update pinch bolt and a column or something. I asked and they said the swingarm will be all brand new and complete, nothing with be reused off the old one.

• still not so much as a letter....... AND- even though I AM at the top of the dealer list- he still does not have parts to fix his inventory. He has 1 SS for sale, as it is a 2017 SLR, shipped after recall date. All the others are on hold.

• Just left my dealer. Swingarms are on back-order until Dec. 23. He has my order in for it and also for the fuel line parts. Looks like it may be the first of the year before mine gets fixed. That's ok. I will just keep riding on the dry days. Rode yesterday at 42 degrees. 44 today but the light mist just makes it seem colder so the SS will just sit today. ;(

• Just picked my Slingshot up at the dealer all warranty work complete plus had him do the 15,0000 mile service while it was there what they did on mine.
    Fuel line replacement and clip
    Secondary brake bleed procedure
    Swing arm recall
    steering shaft bolt screw replacement
    hood bumper replacement kit

On the drive home felt like the Slingshot was new again brake were tight and no play in steering and no squealing from the belt! nice and quite so I hope I'm all set for the spring riding season

• Dealer has my parts in. Going to wait till after the holidays. This made them happy. They stated they are busy busy with the swing arm replacements. Will wait to install the Hahn coil overs until after the swing arm is replaced.