LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• @jorgebri60 If yours is indeed "grounded' due to visible structure failure you may want to contact www.bulletspeedanddesign.com and see if they have a "gently used" swingarm laying around. Two of their products require R/R of the original. IMHO it sure would beat being Slingless waiting months on Polaris for parts. :thumbsup:

Or simply get their swingarm and never look back :)

• @Slunglow
    Wouldn't you know it. Just got off the phone with the Dealership. They say they've ordered parts to replace my diff oil seal and some parts to repair the in-op horn. They also tell me that they've been looking at the "crack" on the slingshot and that they looked at several and they all have it. They think it's just a manufacturing flaw and it's not cracked So I should be ok to take it with me and dive it until at my own risk until the new swingarms arrive. Well "that's awesome" I'm thinking to myself. Then the service guy tells me I'll have to sign a form releasing them from any liability should it break while I'm driving it. WTF!!!!. X( . My Letter from the mother ship says nothing about not riding so I'm sitting here arguing with this guy about that. They don't care. I can pick it up once the other repairs are done, but I have to sign a release even though they're telling me "it's fine to drive". @Bill Martin. What say you counselor? I don't want to relinquish any rights should this thing actually break while riding, but I sure as hell don't want my sling sitting out in their damned yard for 4 months either. Any suggestions?

• @Slunglow
    Wouldn't you know it. Just got off the phone with the Dealership. They say they've ordered parts to replace my diff oil seal and some parts to repair the in-op horn. They also tell me that they've been looking at the "crack" on the slingshot and that they looked at several and they all have it. They think it's just a manufacturing flaw and it's not cracked So I should be ok to take it with me and dive it until at my own risk until the new swingarms arrive. Well "that's awesome" I'm thinking to myself. Then the service guy tells me I'll have to sign a form releasing them from any liability should it break while I'm driving it. WTF!!!!. X( . My Letter from the mother ship says nothing about not riding so I'm sitting here arguing with this guy about that. They don't care. I can pick it up once the other repairs are done, but I have to sign a release even though they're telling me "it's fine to drive". @Bill Martin. What say you counselor? I don't want to relinquish any rights should this thing actually break while riding, but I sure as hell don't want my sling sitting out in their damned yard for 4 months either. Any suggestions?

Need little info. First is the release prepared from Polaris or the Dealer???? If it is just the dealer trying to cover their ass I see no problem as long as it does not release Polaris from any liability - READ IT VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SIGN!! I have not seen or heard of any release signing from Polaris. I will check with Noel at Cycle Springs.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• When I worked at Philip Morris the company required retirees to sign a document promising they would not file suit against them in the future otherwise they couldn't get their pensions. It is my understanding a document signed under duress does not hold up in the court of law. If a Slinger separated from his Sling for months is not duress I don't know what is. But hey what do I know ?

• Need little info. First is the release prepared from Polaris or the Dealer???? If it is just the dealer trying to cover their ass I see no problem as long as it does not release Polaris from any liability - READ IT VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SIGN!! I have not seen or heard of any release signing from Polaris. I will check with Noel at Cycle Springs.

I'll know more once I get to that point. I'll Definitely read it very carefully. Hell, I'm going ask them for a copy of this release before signing anything and having either you or one of our staff counsel take a look at it (I work for a large insurance Co and have access to our legal dept). Thank Bill, I'll let you know.

• How come some people have more recalls than others with the same year Sling ?
    I have a 2015 SLLE and have swing arm and fuel line. Headlight harness already done.
    No other recalls on Polaris list, yet some 2015 have had roll hoops, steering shaft bolt, clutch switch and harness, steering wrack ?
    Any thoughts or facts would be appreciated.
    Thanks

• How come some people have more recalls than others with the same year Sling ?
    I have a 2015 SLLE and have swing arm and fuel line. Headlight harness already done.
    No other recalls on Polaris list, yet some 2015 have had roll hoops, steering shaft bolt, clutch switch and harness, steering wrack ?
    Any thoughts or facts would be appreciated.
    Thanks

I've found that The dealer is showing more than any of the sites that we have access to (customer portals). Best if you just contact your dealer and they'll pull up everything through their portal.

• Hmmmm. Talked to my dealer earlier today. Seems swing arm can't even be ordered until Nov 18th and the fuel line connection can't be ordered until the 21st. Also, they have a "do not sell" order on some of their vehicles but there is no "Do not ride" order. Guess I can keep going. And the weather is perfect! 71 for our high today and upper 60s next week. :D
    Just hope Samsung didn't build the swing arm or fuel line. Don't want it to blow up like their washers. ;(

• Hmmmm. Talked to my dealer earlier today. Seems swing arm can't even be ordered until Nov 18th and the fuel line connection can't be ordered until the 21st. Also, they have a "do not sell" order on some of their vehicles but there is no "Do not ride" order. Guess I can keep going. And the weather is perfect! 71 for our high today and upper 60s next week. :D
    Just hope Samsung didn't build the swing arm or fuel line. Don't want it to blow up like their washers. ;(

Noel Hughes told me (he replaced it anyway) just check and make sure that fuel line is not rubbing on the hood and you should be fine

• Anybody have pictures for us non mechanically inclined ? ? ?

I can send a pic tomorrow but it is a black hose on top of manifold toward rear of engine. If it's rubbing you should be able to see it plainly.

• Went by the dealership and spoke to one of the mechanics. According to his info they will be reusing the needle bearing unless it is visibly damaged. The large bearing will be new.

That makes no sense whatsoever........ confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......