LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• I am going to my dealer on Saturday and see what they tell me. As I know the parts lady personally, I am hoping I'll get a straight answer. Also hoping that Canadian sales are tied differently from US sales, and we'll have our own system rather than simply sit in line with the USA customers.

I will say one "good thing" about all this. The recall came in at a time when the riding season is mostly winding down. Yes, people from warmer climes are directly impacted now by this recall, however, this would have been a LOT harder to swallow if this issue came up only next April.

Right now, we stand a chance of having everyone back on the road in April, rather than all of us parking our Slings just as we wanted to get them out and going.

Not defending the issue, just recognizing the slightly brighter side of it.

• Not defending the issue, just recognizing the slightly brighter side of it.

For you yes .... however much of the Southern US has just started our prime riding season .... not that I will stop riding ...

Also this recall has been issued through the US Department of Transportation .... have you received notification that it is also valid in Canada ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I agree. Missing the best part of the year here also.

For you yes .... however much of the Southern US has just started our prime riding season .... not that I will stop riding ...

Also this recall has been issued through the US Department of Transportation .... have you received notification that it is also valid in Canada ....

• For you yes .... however much of the Southern US has just started our prime riding season .... not that I will stop riding ...

Haven't even received my letter from Polaris. Still waiting.

• Myself (and everyone else I'm sure) I'd like to know what changes, if any, is done to the swing arm. Bearings, beefed up, etc. I would think accessories attached to the swing arms remain the same.
    I reserved my place in line for the recalled parts at my dealer yesterday. They also said their inventory on hand is on a "no sales" position until all recalls are done on them. So will dealers get first shot at replacement parts over previous owners? This may be why we're being told February. Anyhow food for thought.

• I got a call last Fri from my dealer (in Woodstock, NB). The Service Manager explained everything to me and said Polaris told him parts should be available in late Nov. He also said he realistically doesn't expect to receive them until Dec sometime. I definitely appreciated his call. I'm taking my SS to Florida in late Now so I hope a dealer there will handle the recall issues for me. Awaiting an answer from a nearby (in Fl) one now.

• Unfortunately, because I took it into the dealer to "get in line", It's starting to sink in that I'm going to be down until next year sometime. I'd keep riding if: 1. they didn't already have it at the dealership, and 2. they hadn't already told me "don't drive it or it may cause an accident". I know at this point it's a CYA situation for them so I can't even consider the "keep riding until the parts come in" option. And yes, unfortunately, I'm one of those whose peak riding season has just started. Guess I'll be traveling on my Goldwing.

Oh, I did get a chance to speak to their Customer service today and while they're not absolutely sure and they had no way of contacting the parts division, they did say that the new swing arm is a "new design because the old swing arm did not meet Polaris' quality standards". Sounded kind of scripted to me, but oh well. At least I know they're not just throwing another swingarm that's the same as the broken one.

• Got all my recall work done with the exception of swing arm! Life is good when you are close to Cycle Springs!! Will be after February before any swing arm repairs are done based on what I was able to gather at the dealership.

How dare anyone else like that post!!!!!!! Even though my dealer is affiliated with Cycle Springs, (they have an agreement to market their parts, here on the West Coast,) they are small. That means that they are WAY FAR down on the food chain, when it comes to getting any priority on parts.... ;( Common @Noel Hughes ......... help me out here- All I want is the master cylinder and the pressure switches! ;)

• Unfortunately, because I took it into the dealer to "get in line", It's starting to sink in that I'm going to be down until next year sometime.

Thank you. Will do my talking via phone... and if I want to ride... gonna avoid dealer visit with Slingshot in view.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I got with my dealer the day the recall showed on SSI.com. They ordered my parts then and said if wanted to keep riding there wasn't anything they could do to stop me and they had not been told to tell me not to ride. My letter (got it yesterday) doesn't say not to ride either. I have cut my speed in the turns by about 10% though. :00007572:
    Showed my wife some pics of the issues and she wasn't particularly worried either. She still wants to drive it to work at least once a week. :00009079:
    If she burns or wrecks I will just get a new one and start over. (Sling, not wife :D )

• I got with my dealer the day the recall showed on SSI.com. They ordered my parts then and said if wanted to keep riding there wasn't anything they could do to stop me and they had not been told to tell me not to ride. My letter (got it yesterday) doesn't say not to ride either. I have cut my speed in the turns by about 10% though. :00007572:
    Showed my wife some pics of the issues and she wasn't particularly worried either. She still wants to drive it to work at least once a week. :00009079:
    If she burns or wrecks I will just get a new one and start over. (Sling, not wife :D )

Agreed, I'll ride until the parts come in or it gets to cold/snows. My wife isn't worried about it either.

• Got this little intel nugget at the dealer while I was getting my routine maintenance done.

I had been discussing with them the recurring rear end noise, lots of clicking or whatever, and then it goes away. I said that at first I thought it was the bearing, but after it came and went a couple times, figured it was just dirt. He said that's what it was, and that it is due partially to a poor design of the swingarm that allows dust and dirt to get into the bearing housing and/or the belt area (kind of unsure on my part which he was referring to), and that the upcoming swingarm replacements would include a re-designed swingarm that would mitigate the easy passage of dirt and debris into the moving areas that result in noise and premature wear.

So, if that's true, Polaris is rushing out a revised product in a short timeline to get all of us up to the new code...think there would be any QA problems there?

I have no idea how true that is, though....

• Unfortunately, because I took it into the dealer to "get in line", It's starting to sink in that I'm going to be down until next year sometime. I'd keep riding if: 1. they didn't already have it at the dealership, and 2. they hadn't already told me "don't drive it or it may cause an accident". I know at this point it's a CYA situation for them so I can't even consider the "keep riding until the parts come in" option. And yes, unfortunately, I'm one of those whose peak riding season has just started. Guess I'll be traveling on my Goldwing.

Oh, I did get a chance to speak to their Customer service today and while they're not absolutely sure and they had no way of contacting the parts division, they did say that the new swing arm is a "new design because the old swing arm did not meet Polaris' quality standards". Sounded kind of scripted to me, but oh well. At least I know they're not just throwing another swingarm that's the same as the broken one.

You might want to call them back, dude. This is specifically not a "stop ride" recall. I reaffirmed that today at my dealer. Sounds like bad gouge, or an overly aggressive case of CYA-itis. But the Death Star has spoken and said you don't have to stop riding, at least for now.

He did confirm, though, that the timeline for new swingarms was probably going to be in the multiple months realm vice multiple weeks.

• You might want to call them back, dude. This is specifically not a "stop ride" recall. I reaffirmed that today at my dealer. Sounds like bad gouge, or an overly aggressive case of CYA-itis. But the Death Star has spoken and said you don't have to stop riding, at least for now.
    He did confirm, though, that the timeline for new swingarms was probably going to be in the multiple months realm vice multiple weeks.

Jorge's already had a crack . . . So dealer kept it.

@jorgebri60 If yours is indeed "grounded' due to visible structural failure you may want to contact www.bulletspeedanddesign.com and see if they have a "gently used" swingarm laying around. Two of their products require R/R of the original. IMHO it sure would beat being Slingless waiting months on Polaris for parts. :thumbsup: