LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• First check your VIN number here... On-Road Product Safety Recalls - Search by VIN and then come back to this thread and read through it.

I guess everyone is busy searching for the details of the latest group of recalls. Let me make that easier for everyone.

I have all the bulletins and all of the pages in front of me but this is the only thing I can actually post....
    The rest of the pages have this disclaimer at the bottom... And they made sure every page was numbered and had this typed on the bottom.. So NO, I can't post them and no I can't email them to you.

The information contained within this Bulletin is confidential and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws, and is the property of Polaris Ind. This Safety Bulletin is provided for the sole use of authorized Polaris dealers and distributors. This Safety Bulletin is not to be distributed, duplicated, or copied, digitally or otherwise, without the written consent of Polaris Industries Inc. © 2016 Polaris Ind. (Page 3 of 32)

Here what I can post. You will be receiving this letter soon IF your vehicle is affected.

THIS LETTER WILL BE CUSTOMIZED TO REFLECT YOUR VIN NUMBER AND WHAT ITEM IS RELATED TO THAT VIN#

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
    Slingshot Division
    Polaris Industries Inc.
    P.O. Box 47700
    Medina, MN 55340-9960
    This notice applies to your vehicle

Recall Campaign: 16V752– Brake Seal
    Recall Campaign: 16V754 – Fuel Line
    Recall Campaign: 16V755 – Swingarm

Subject: 2015-2017 Slingshot / Slingshot SL / Slingshot SLR

Stat-O-Seal, Fuel Line & Swingarm Replacement

PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY
    VIN T-16-02, T-16-03, T-16-06
    FIRST NAME LAST NAME
    ADDRESS
    CITY, ST ZIP
    Dear Slingshot Owner:
    This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. The Slingshot Division of Polaris Industries Inc. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in some 2015-2017 Slingshot vehicles. Our records indicate that you have purchased a potentially affected vehicle.

The reason for this recall:
    First, Polaris has determined that some Slingshot vehicles were manufactured with a brake system seal that does not meet Polaris quality standards. Some vehicles may have been manufactured where the brake pressure switch was over torqued. This may result in a yielded brake seal posing a leak in the brake system. A leak in the brake system, after a period of non-use, may result in decreased brake performance increasing the risk of a crash.

Second, Polaris has determined that some Slingshot vehicles were manufactured with an engine fuel line that does not meet Polaris quality standards. Some vehicles may have been manufactured where there may be insufficient clearance between the fuel line and hood structure. This can result in abrasion of the fuel line posing a potential fuel leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may pose a fire hazard.

Third, Polaris has determined that some Slingshot vehicles were manufactured with a swingarm that does not meet Polaris quality standards. Some vehicles may have been assembled with an improperly manufactured swingarm, resulting in decreased swingarm strength. If the swingarm is compromised it can result in a loss of forward momentum or control, increasing the risk of a crash.

What Polaris and your dealer will do:
    While parts availability may be limited, Polaris is working with suppliers to procure parts as soon as possible. Your Polaris Slingshot dealer has been authorized to complete the updates outlined below at no cost to you:

Affected Component Repair Action
    Recall T-16-02
    Brake Seals
    Install new brake pressure switch seals to decrease the risk of a leak
    Recall T-16-03
    Engine Fuel Line
    Replace the engine fuel line, and inspect retention clips to reduce the risk of interference
    Recall T-16-06
    Swingarm
    Inspect, repair or replace the swingarm to reduce the risk of structural damage

What you should do:
    Polaris will be sending you a follow up communication no later than the end of November regarding the next steps for completing these bulletins. Once you receive this letter, please contact your local Slingshot dealer at your earliest convenience to schedule an appointment to have bulletin repairs performed. When making contact with your dealer, discuss parts availability, their schedule and how long they will need to keep your vehicle to complete the updates.

If you have questions or if you need more information:
    While your Slingshot dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, if you have any questions that your dealer cannot address, if you are having difficulty obtaining the recall repairs outlined in this letter, or if you need assistance finding a Slingshot dealer, please visit the Slingshot web site at Polaris Slingshot : 3-Wheel Motorcycle - Reverse Trike or contact our Slingshot Consumer Service Department by calling 1-855-863-2284.
    This notice was mailed to you according to our most current registration information. If you no longer own your Slingshot vehicle, please contact your local Slingshot dealer to have the ownership information changed. The Slingshot Consumer Service Department cannot change ownership information without identification. Federal law requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within 10 days.
    If you have had these repairs performed before you received this letter, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall. For more information regarding reimbursement please contact your Slingshot dealer or the Slingshot Consumer Service Department using the information above.
    If you believe that the Slingshot Division of Polaris Industries Inc. has failed to remedy this defect without charge or is unable to do so within a reasonable time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE., Washington, D.C. 20590; or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or on the web go to Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
    Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. Your safety and continued satisfaction with your Slingshot is our primary concern. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
    Sincerely,
    The Polaris Slingshot Team

• on the actual fuel line replacement- I have a MadStad roof, with the tunnel area, and the easy access to the rear deck blocked. Will the roof need to come off? Do you know where the access to the fuel line is?
    Wonder if the pressure switches are the root cause of my intermittently crappy brakes- they ordered a master cylinder yesterday........

Is there a difference between T-16-03 and T-16-03-A, and T-16-06 and T-16-06-BA

• Ill try to answer these questions as they arrive here...

on the actual fuel line replacement- I have a MadStad roof, with the tunnel area, and the easy access to the rear deck blocked. Will the roof need to come off? Do you know where the access to the fuel line is?
    Wonder if the pressure switches are the root cause of my intermittently crappy brakes- they ordered a master cylinder yesterday........

NOPE, It is the small hose that is under the hood.... It is actually the line from the the metal pipe to the fuel rail......

• Remember not all of these parts will be required for every Slingshot. Here are some of the affected part. I wish I could post the service bulletins but I can't. If I get word from Polaris that I can post them I will. Our members are sharp and I bet y'all can figure out everything you need to know from this thread.

• Try to remember that they are actively trying to get everything taken care of. Im sure every dealer will get up to speed today or tomorrow. They have to take an online test (to show that they understand what parts are affected and how to fix the issues correctly). As soon as they pass these test they can order the repair parts for each affected Slingshot.

• Also remember that when you pull your VIN number up it may have more than the 3 or 4 recalls mentioned here.

Don't worry about it..... They can do it while they do the other recalls.

Just like me,,,, I never had the headlight recall performed. So it shows on my VIN.

I have had the things I put a red box around already performed. Notice how they look the same as the other items that haven't been performed.

• Crap,
    I guess I'm on the list. Went to http://www.safercar.gov and followed the links to search by vin (on the upper right hand quadrant of website). Took me to a polaris page: On-Road Product Safety Recalls - Search by VIN.
    Here's what Mine came up with:

• Number of Recalls: 2

Dear Slingshot Owner:
    Thank you for being a part of the Slingshot family. Your safety is our number-one priority. It is with this commitment in mind that Slingshot has issued a safety notification for select model year 2015, 2016, and 2017 Polaris Slingshot vehicles shipped before Oct. 24th, 2016, in cooperation with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
    Please utilize the VIN look up to identify the specific safety bulletins that effect your Polaris Slingshot.
    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of bringing your vehicle in for repair. We appreciate your patience during this process and we value your loyalty.
    The Polaris Slingshot Team
    Recall Summary:
    FUEL LINE REPLACE CLIP INSPECT
    Recall Number:
    T-16-03-A
    Remedy:
    Repair
    Service Completed:
    UNAPPLIED
    Dealer Contact:
    Contact your local dealer to schedule a service appointment. Access our Dealer Locator.
    Consumer Contact:
    Contact Polaris toll-free at 1-800-POLARIS (765-2747) from 7a.m. to 7p.m CST Monday through Friday, or online at http://www.polaris.com/en-us/company/news/recalls.
    Recall Summary:
    SWINGARM REPLACEMENT W/NUTS
    Recall Number:
    T-16-06-EB
    Remedy:
    Repair
    Service Completed:
    UNAPPLIED
    Dealer Contact:
    Contact your local dealer to schedule a service appointment. Access our Dealer Locator.
    Consumer Contact:

Contact Polaris toll-free at 1-800-POLARIS (765-2747) from 7a.m. to 7p.m CST Monday through Friday, or online at http://www.polaris.com/en-us/company/news/recalls.

If you are already aware that your vehicle is affected by a recall and have been working with a dealer, let us help you with the details of your requested repairs.

• One other thing for the people with FLASHED ECUs such as anyone with a turbo, supercharger, or anyone that has had Bob flash their ECU.....

Remember to make a note about NOT flashing the ECU with the Service Manager at the dealership. They do not need to flash your ECU. It shouldn't be required for any of these recalls.

However some dealers may go that extra mile to plug into the ECU and do a complementary update to the ECU.....

I would put something (like a laminated piece of paper) with the words "DO NOT FLASH" "WILL RENDER VEHICLE UNUSABLE" over the ECU plug under the steering wheel that would require them to work really hard to remove it before they flashed it. That way you would know they at least saw it and ignored it...

These updates and recalls are absolutely not related to modifying a Slingshot with a turbo so they should be performed with no question about modification or warranty....

• As soon as I installed my turbo and got the ECU flashed by @MEFIburn I placed a label over my 3 ECU plugs as a warning to any dealer who may ever have the honor and pleasure of working on my Sling that I have custom values programmed. I got this idea from @rabtech a while back. It reads " Warning! This ECU contains custom ECU flash values. Do not program anything to this port that could change the ECU flash. No service to this vehicle should imply permission to flash the ECU without expressed written permission. If the ECU is found to be flashed or programmed in such a manner as to change the values, you will be responsible for any cost associated with returning it to its previous flash values."

I was a bit worried that the label may not stick but over a year later it is still intact!!

• Just got a call from my dealership here in Colorado and they said dealers won't be getting parts in until late November and scheduled me for all the recall work to be done on Nov. 30th.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• As soon as I installed my turbo and got the ECU flashed by @MEFIburn I placed a label over my 3 ECU plugs as a warning to any dealer who may ever have the honor and pleasure of working on my Sling that I have custom values programmed. I got this idea from @rabtech a while back. It reads " Warning! This ECU contains custom ECU flash values. Do not program anything to this port that could change the ECU flash. No service to this vehicle should imply permission to flash the ECU without expressed written permission. If the ECU is found to be flashed or programmed in such a manner as to change the values, you will be responsible for any cost associated with returning it to its previous flash values."

I was a bit worried that the label may not stick but over a year later it is still intact!!

Dont forget to put something over the actual diagnostics plug under the steering wheel......

• Thanks for the info Rab. I called my dealer today and told them I know they needed to get their ducks in a row first but to put me on the list for the recall. They got my info and said I was one of the first.

• So..........

relating to your vehicle.
    Service Bulletins are only available for Polaris vehicles with a confirmed VIN. If your information is not showing, please check the VIN entered into your garage.
    We apologize but we are currently encountering system outages, please check back soon.
    There are currently no service bulletins for this vehicle.
    HEADLIGHT JUMPER HRNSS INSTALL

Bulletin #: SLI-15-05
    Safety
    Please contact your dealer immediately for more information on this bulletin.

FUEL LINE REPLACE CLIP INSPECT

Bulletin #: T-16-03-A
    Safety

STEERING SHAFT BOLT REPLACEMNT

Bulletin #: T-16-04
    Regular
    Contact your dealer for more information on this bulletin.

SECONDARY BRAKE BLEEDING

Bulletin #: T-16-05
    Regular
    Contact your dealer for more information on this bulletin.

SWINGARM REPLACEMENT

Bulletin #: T-16-06-BA
    Safety

Yeah, I got hit.......

So question, and while it is still somewhat warmish, should I be pulling off my Alpha Hitch prior to this thing heading off for any service? Or, just leave it as is and have them put it back on when they complete the work?

My dealer is well aware of my mods, (they are personally as excited to see them as I was to get them), but, they have jobs to do as well. One involves pictures taken. As such, should it be taken to them in factory condition? Or could it have implications towards warranty replacement of that swingarm?

Just looking ahead.

• Also....I was once again the barer of bad news to my dealer as well. They were like...let us look up your account....

"Oh......oh dear.....we're going to have to place an order for your parts and we'll go from there. We'll let you know when they come in."

So, I just know they are over there looking up all their units they have sold and checking to see just how big this order got.....

Merry Christmas Polaris :)