LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• Shortly after this recall came out last October I did a post in this thread jokingly saying maybe we could get the recalls done at Maggie Valley with a smiley. Sad that this came true and a lot of people are still scrambling to get this done. I had visited my local dealer in October with a print out of recalls. They took info, ordered parts and gave me a copy of the order saying they would call me back. I kept in contact, but no call..Yesterday (6 months later) they called to say they had the parts in. I had already gone to Cycle Springs...sad that we have to go through this on safety recalls.

Seems to be a function of the individual dealerships. Never even contacted mine, was in no hurry, figured I'd just get it done this summer since I was gone the spring months for a nuclear refueling outage. My dealership contacted me in mid-January & got everything done - zero issues, before I even left for my work gig. They automatically ordered the parts for every SS they sold & contacted the buyers. This is the way it should be!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I called my dealer in February to order parts. I called last week to see if any updates. Took them all day to call me back to say they have a white arm in stock. Wonder if they would have ever called. Dropped it off Saturday. Mentioned crack on driver side panel, and was told not covered.

I had that same issue and it was covered. There's a bolt under there that cracks the panel. I asked them to put something over it to prevent second occurrence. Nope, they didn't. Happening again. When I called the dealer I was told and I quote " ya, all the panels are coming in that way. Nothing we can do." What a load of crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I had that same issue and it was covered. There's a bolt under there that cracks the panel. I asked them to put something over it to prevent second occurrence. Nope, they didn't. Happening again. When I called the dealer I was told and I quote " ya, all the panels are coming in that way. Nothing we can do." What a load of crap.

When I picked it up, they said they would order the panel.

• I had that same issue and it was covered. There's a bolt under there that cracks the panel. I asked them to put something over it to prevent second occurrence. Nope, they didn't. Happening again. When I called the dealer I was told and I quote " ya, all the panels are coming in that way. Nothing we can do." What a load of crap.

Sorry, I have the same issue with one being replaced but the problem not resolved even though I asked for foam padding or cut the excess that causes the problem. I will not accept that. I'll go to another dealer first. Besides, this time, I am going to a new dealer that appears to want my business (unlike the dealer I bought it from, Ride 1... they only want my money with no service). I plan to tell them my issues, and see if I can get them to replace both sides (passenger is starting to show now, for the first time). But here's the catch, they only need to turn it in and get the panels. I will install them (disclaimer, no dealer would do this.... right?), they are welcome to keep the replacement labor. I may (or may not have ;) ) have done this with my Harleys in the past. I have a good and long history with my Harley dealer. If possible, I'll just put the panels on and fix the problem. If not, I'll be careful not to touch the panels after they replace them, and take them off and fix them when I get home. Either way, they should be replaced by the factory under Warr.

This will get fixed, period. With or without Polaris help. I'll pay for the parts if I have to, then I'll burn the internet down over the problem. Hey, in all fairness I'll tell Polaris first.... they can fix it for little money to them, or they can risk what I can do in damage to them by forcing my hand. Ball will be in their court. Hope they play it well.

• Anybody with replacement panels able to keep the slightly cracked, but nothing a paint job might fix, panels?

If so, I'd like the passenger side! My problem is the plastic tab where one of the mounting bolts goes through broke... And I'm out of warranty...

• Sorry, I have the same issue with one being replaced but the problem not resolved even though I asked for foam padding or cut the excess that causes the problem. I will not accept that. I'll go to another dealer first. Besides, this time, I am going to a new dealer that appears to want my business (unlike the dealer I bought it from, Ride 1... they only want my money with no service). I plan to tell them my issues, and see if I can get them to replace both sides (passenger is starting to show now, for the first time). But here's the catch, they only need to turn it in and get the panels. I will install them (disclaimer, no dealer would do this.... right?), they are welcome to keep the replacement labor. I may (or may not have ;) ) have done this with my Harleys in the past. I have a good and long history with my Harley dealer. If possible, I'll just put the panels on and fix the problem. If not, I'll be careful not to touch the panels after they replace them, and take them off and fix them when I get home. Either way, they should be replaced by the factory under Warr.

This will get fixed, period. With or without Polaris help. I'll pay for the parts if I have to, then I'll burn the internet down over the problem. Hey, in all fairness I'll tell Polaris first.... they can fix it for little money to them, or they can risk what I can do in damage to them by forcing my hand. Ball will be in their court. Hope they play it well.

Whoa..... what he said.... I'm right behind you. No really I want to be right behind you, so I can say " ya me too, could you fix mine?" Of course mine would be in a squeaky whisper but I'd be right behind you!

• Whoa..... what he said.... I'm right behind you. No really I want to be right behind you, so I can say " ya me too, could you fix mine?" Of course mine would be in a squeaky whisper but I'd be right behind you!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile

You know, I'm really not a bad person. I'm really easy to get along with. And honestly, it should never come to this. Last I checked, I have a two year warr in my contract with them that covers things like this. I had once of my center headlights go out, had I been near a dealers I'd have stopped. I wasn't, so I bought one and put it in. I'm not unreasonable. But, by replacing the panel, and not fixing what causes it, is both irresponsible and unreasonable. It's not like it takes any expense or a large amount of time to do it. Right is right. I'm very reasonable, but they need to be also.

• You know, I'm really not a bad person. I'm really easy to get along with. And honestly, it should never come to this. Last I checked, I have a two year warr in my contract with them that covers things like this. I had once of my center headlights go out, had I been near a dealers I'd have stopped. I wasn't, so I bought one and put it in. I'm not unreasonable. But, by replacing the panel, and not fixing what causes it, is both irresponsible and unreasonable. It's not like it takes any expense or a large amount of time to do it. Right is right. I'm very reasonable, but they need to be also.

I totally agree and I'm sure your a nice guy. I'm just the wimpy one :(
    I'm so happy when people stand up for what's right.
    Me.... I get walked on. I'm truly impressed by your ability to articulate the logic of doing the right thing.
    Keep up the good fight.

• After having my swing-arm and other recalls fixed at the end of March, my rear axle has started clicking. I had the Slingshot up on jack-stands so I could easily get to the right-angle unit to change to Redline Shockproof Heavy Duty gear lube and while I had the engine running to warm up the right-angle unit, the clicking was really noticeable! http://vid795.photobucket.com/albums/yy239/berlinkl/Polaris%20Slingshot%20Stuff/RearAxleNoise.mp4 I emailed a copy of the video to the Slingshot Sales Manager at my dealer and asked him to forward it to the Service Dept. I was planning on installing my Hahn turbo kit late this week once school gets out and my Auto-Shop-teacher neighbor is available in case I run into any problems, but now it looks like I need to get the axle fixed. FWIW, the Redline seemed to reduce the noise from the rear-angle drive.

• After having my swing-arm and other recalls fixed at the end of March, my rear axle has started clicking. I had the Slingshot up on jack-stands so I could easily get to the right-angle unit to change to Redline Shockproof Heavy Duty gear lube and while I had the engine running to warm up the right-angle unit, the clicking was really noticeable! http://vid795.photobucket.com/albums/yy239/berlinkl/Polaris%20Slingshot%20Stuff/RearAxleNoise.mp4 I emailed a copy of the video to the Slingshot Sales Manager at my dealer and asked him to forward it to the Service Dept. I was planning on installing my Hahn turbo kit late this week once school gets out and my Auto-Shop-teacher neighbor is available in case I run into any problems, but now it looks like I need to get the axle fixed. FWIW, the Redline seemed to reduce the noise from the rear-angle drive.

Yeah, that clicking is seriously noticeable, and should not be there. Had the same last fall, and had the bearings and axle replaced. Was good for a month, then came back. Got the recall swing arm two days ago, and no clicks so far, just belt whine 3x louder than I remember. I did put it up on jacks to test for exactly the same issue.

I travel with matches, a rag, and some gasoline. One day, my rig is gonna make me walk home, and I will send it to the slingshot heaven in the sky. Boom.

Riding back from the dealer, my gauge cluster went funky again. No trip odometers, no mpg, no dte. 2nd time.

• My dealer's Service Manager wants me to come in next week and they will try to diagnose the problem. Told me I may need to leave it for a few days if they have to order parts. Since I'm pretty sure what the noise is, I expect I'll have to leave it.
    Dealer is over 100 miles away. I thought about trying closer, local dealers, but they lost my trust before the Slingshot ever came out by asking for too large a deposit or saying it was non-refundable. After it was supposedly available here in Texas, the closest dealer told me on the phone they had a couple. When I drove over there, they said they were still boxed up. Haven't trusted them since.

• Just got mine home from winter storage this week. Too busy this spring to get it out any earlier. I wonder how many others are like me. In no hurry at all to get the recall (swing arm) done. I am out of warranty and figure another season of riding, on the original axle and bearings, is fine with me. Called my dealer and he has to order the parts. Will take a month and then I may just wait another month or two until this season is winding down and get all of the recalls done before putting in storage for winter. Figure mine will also benefit from any experience my dealer has gained in replacing a bunch of these.

For example, dealer said they have had issues with almost all of the original axle's being bad when they pull them apart and have just been replacing them with a new axle on every sling they do the recall work on. Reason I say this is some dealers may be cutting corners and just putting it back together with a damaged axle in which case the new bearings won't last very long. I would request a new axle when having the recall work done.

• Just got mine home from winter storage this week. Too busy this spring to get it out any earlier. I wonder how many others are like me. In no hurry at all to get the recall (swing arm) done. I am out of warranty and figure another season of riding, on the original axle and bearings, is fine with me. Called my dealer and he has to order the parts. Will take a month and then I may just wait another month or two until this season is winding down and get all of the recalls done before putting in storage for winter. Figure mine will also benefit from any experience my dealer has gained in replacing a bunch of these.

For example, dealer said they have had issues with almost all of the original axle's being bad when they pull them apart and have just been replacing them with a new axle on every sling they do the recall work on. Reason I say this is some dealers may be cutting corners and just putting it back together with a damaged axle in which case the new bearings won't last very long. I would request a new axle when having the recall work done.

Not quite my understanding. Bearing replacement, they do the axle too - as they did for me. If the dealer is cheap, then maybe they are stupid. Polaris is paying for shop time and parts. Warranty work does not come out of the dealer's pocket, and is a revenue opportunity for them.

Recall swing arms are coming fully assembled with new bearings & axle. For the curious, I was told the swing arm is $800 to the dealer.

I drove the 110 miles or so to my dealer this morning and had them check the rear axle sound. Naturally, it was absolutely quiet when I stuck my head down near the axle nut while they backed the Slingshot out of its parking spot to go for a test drive. They checked the belt tension and loosened it a little becasue they felt it was a little too tight. Didn't hear anything during the trip back home. Gloing on my usual ride in an hour or so. Will check again for any noises.

• Finally all the parts came in. Had to leave SS one day but now I have brakes. They found that the master cylinder was missing a seal. Replaced and brake bleed all is good. Swing arm. Stering bolt. Fuel line. 26,000 miles and didn't have good brakes till now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: