windshield bracket

• So i have a 2016 SL LE, with the tinted windshield, bought a bracket, and the windshield is about an inch away. I don't want to push it in and drill a hole because it doesn't look right. Are the brackets for certain windshields??

thanks

Bill

• So i have a 2016 SL LE, with the tinted windshield, bought a bracket, and the windshield is about an inch away. I don't want to push it in and drill a hole because it doesn't look right. Are the brackets for certain windshields??

thanks

Bill

Bill, The LE windshield is designed NOT to use the Polaris center windshield bracket.

Sounds like you were trying to use the 'center bracket' as mount for phone/GPS
    which you can still do --- just wont attach to the windshield.

The 2016 LE and some of the 2016.5 had 'special windshield...

Probably not the answer you wanted...

• Polaris has a spacer that will fit between the bracket and windshield. I will look for the part number. I elected not to install the spacer. Really do not get a lot of flex in the newer windshield and I just use the bracket for my cell phone and rear view mirror

• Here are the part numbers if you want the center windshield bracket on the newer windshields. There will be about a 1 inch space between the top of the bracket and the windshield. I was told that this is what you need to fill in the gap.I did not install these parts on my Sling. Just use my bracket for phone and mirror.

80401811- Hardware Kit - $8.22
    99502830 - Rubber Spacer - $5.74

Call (763) 274- 7149 and ask for Kyle

These are Polaris Part Numbers