SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016 (Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016)

Date

SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016

Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016

Maggie Valley, NC, USA

Participants

19 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: May 30th 2016, 7:00 pm
  • Did anybody find out if the guy that wrecked on Rab's ride got home OK? did we find out more about what happened? I know this is gonna sound bad....... but are there any pics of the damage done? I always like to see how these puppies take a hit so I can learn where the weaknesses are.

I heard his swing arm broke....not sure though. Ivor was trying to find too. Anyone from that group ride know?

• Our group came thru there not to long after it happened and there wasn't anyone around and the sling was off the road in the weeds. It would be nice to hear the details to keep someone else from making the same mistake.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• I believe he had his Sling towed.Went straight to the airport and flew home to Maryland.Michael who was with him after the incident said he was not hurt at all.He slid into the guardrail..
    He did not contact Slingshotroadsters at all.We were on standby to help when the call came from Michael.

• Steve and Nancy Barnwell were in an accident in Tennessee after the Slingshots in the Smokies. As far as I know they are not a member of this or any other forum. At this point I am not sure if they were in the Sling or on his Harley. Teresa and I just met them at the rally and they are a wonderful couple that after two days of following each other in the slings we would consider them life long friends. Steve was hurt the worse and had surgery on his spine today. He has several broken bones along with not having the use of his legs at this time. His spine is bruised and prayers are for a full recovery. Nancy was banged up and sore but OK. Prayers would be appreciated and should you feel so inclined a go-fund me page has been set up to help with expenses. They live in South Carolina and are in the hospital in Tennessee.
    Prayers for Steve Barnwell by Sonya Gilreath - GoFundMe

• Steve and Nancy Barnwell were in an accident in Tennessee after the Slingshots in the Smokies. As far as I know they are not a member of this or any other forum. At this point I am not sure if they were in the Sling or on his Harley. Teresa and I just met them at the rally and they are a wonderful couple that after two days of following each other in the slings we would consider them life long friends. Steve was hurt the worse and had surgery on his spine today. He has several broken bones along with not having the use of his legs at this time. His spine is bruised and prayers are for a full recovery. Nancy was banged up and sore but OK. Prayers would be appreciated and should you feel so inclined a go-fund me page has been set up to help with expenses. They live in South Carolina and are in the hospital in Tennessee.
    Prayers for Steve Barnwell by Sonya Gilreath - GoFundMe

I believe those names was listed originally for group ride leaders at ssits... but then 12 was cancelled so that may have been their ride. We will say a prayer for that family.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• You are correct.Steve&Nancy were at SSITS,have a Slingshot.The accident happened in The Nashville area.He was on his Harley.Steve had an operation yesterday morning is in pain but hopefully will require.The concern is damage to the spine and prayers for him that the surgery will be successful and can walk.This is a lovely couple and prayers for them both.

• Lots of you finally got to meet my bride during the rally. She asked me to tell all of you how much she enjoyed meeting all you guys & gals. For those of you telling me she is keeping me alive (lol) I dug this out of the ancient history vault and thought I would let ya see why I chased her like a hound chases a rabbit.....and still do

Damn that is sexy.... the Rainbow suspenders and all! It was a great time and I am greatful to have met the both of you and been invited into the circle of friends! I look forward to hanging out with you guys sooner than later!

• It all worked out meeting up with @SlingRider in Indiana to drive down and meet you @Painter and of course scooping up @DKF Texas I did not have a plan from Indiana and no one seemed to be around to cruise with so this all made the drive much more enjoyable! There was so much going on that I didn't have enough time to spend with everyone, thankfully now that we have met we will see each other for sure in the not to distant future! I appreciate you all allowing me to tag along!

You were making fun of my Boston accent? :00007991: lol