Crap day

• Just so fortunate it didn't get worse.

Will be a four to six week recovery.

Prayers answered.

Jesus, man. That's not a crap day, that's a nightmare. Glad to hear things are improving, hope the trend stays positive. Hope you're doing ok - I can only imagine the parental fear level involved.

Thank you for sharing. I know it wasn't your intent, but stories like this are exactly why football is one of two sports @sideseatdriver and I aren't letting our kids take part in. (Other is cheerleading.)

• Hope boys doing well....? We have 2 11 year olds out with concussion instant 2 weeks to a month off ice. Ice is not giving. We had a player leave yesterday (our stud) kid boarded him with a dirty hit (12 min major) we thought he was out , but played today...

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Thanks for asking. Making some progress. Headaches are less frequent but still intense when they hit.

Has eaten better this weekend. Still sleeping a good bit. Frustrated with the slow progress but is seeing the progress.

Ice can be brutal. Take good care of the kids.

• I have had my fair share of bad days.Just last week after a tiring day at work I came home to find the house a total mess.I recently hired a nanny from Toronto and she has been looking after my DD when I go off to work.I asked her what happened and she told me that it was one of those tantrums days where DD never ate anything and didn't want to sleep.I had a talk with DD and she is much better now.Thankfully we didn't have any tantrums after that.

• Wow what a scare. Glad he is doing better @Live-a-Little!

Well I guess I'm gonna have a "crap day" tommorrow... Literally !

Tiffany's (Kim's Daughter's) Dosing tank pump has burned up and is now overflowing so there is a restriction somewhere between the pump discharge and the first distribution box. So I guess it's future step-dad to the rescue, oh well it ain't like this will be my first "Terd Rodeo" :00008862::00008172::00008356:

• Thanks for asking. Making some progress. Headaches are less frequent but still intense when they hit.

Has eaten better this weekend. Still sleeping a good bit. Frustrated with the slow progress but is seeing the progress.

Ice can be brutal. Take good care of the kids.

How's your boy doing?

• How's your boy doing?

Thank you for checking in. He is doing very well - close to 100% at this point. The joke I have been using lately is that he is now back to ignoring my wife and I and not listening to us - which was "normal" prior to the injury. In an weird or ironic way, it is somewhat comforting as that is the guy we know!

Back to driving, finished his 10 physical therapy sessions which helped (had balance issues and early on wasn't walking with a smooth, coordinated stride).

The school adjusted his schedule to the two classes he needs to graduate (he was taking several AP and honors classes) which helped. He has gotten a little bored and registered to take a math and science class at the community college after the new year. A good sign as he feels ready to take on some additional work.

We have another follow up with the neurologist next Monday. Primary focus is to not hit his head for the next 6 months so no horsing around with friends or his brother, no skateboarding, long boarding, or mountain bike riding. Basically try to eliminate opportunities for a fall or head impact.

So, yes doing very well.

• Yes! I did just have a crappy day. I just bent the deck on my new lawn mower and no it cannot be straightened out so that it will cut grass level again. Well at least I did not break the spindle. Only $582.38 to replace it. Also 3 or 4 hours to change everything over and to reinstall. Beside the back ache for about 3 days after doing all of that. This is also cutting into my summer time ride budget.