motor cutting out

• don't know if any one is having this issue or has had an issue similar to mine running a boosted sling. I'm running alpha setup with their manifold i love it and have zero complaints , i just recently had my ecm sent to bob for most current tune, i sent it out because i was having an issue when shifting into second and third at a higher rpm usually close to 6k. believe they called it the 6k flat . my issue i guess kinda hard to describe but not sure if its like my motor getting flooded out or what but it will like bog out like the power to the motor is just like cut then comes right back. so that was addressed with the latest tune but now i feel like its happening at a lower rpm and mostly shifting in to second like around 3-4k spoke to bob he said the tune is right and check all my connections. and most of my numbers seem right.my a/f is where it should be on a regular load bouncing around where it should be and vacuum goes back and forth between -19and-20 so not sure whats going on.just did different plugs which henry suggested,new map sensor tightened a lose manifold to turbo bolt which i thought could have been the issue and new 02 sensors don't know what else to do. just wondering if anyone out there had this issue at all its driving me nuts

Powered by ALPHA :WHITESS::TURBOSS:

Edited once, last by jluna317 ().

• @rabtech what am I checking on the bov? I know my clamps are tight and the rubber line to intake manifold is secure with zip ty as well have checked the lines for splits cracks and nothing .trying to check everything off list and of course it didn't act up when I was around the man who put it together weird thing is we all agreed it was the tune when happening at around 6k rpm now happening at lower rpm and bob says tune is right and I'm definitely not gonna question the man behind the tune so I don't know

• Only other thing I haven't tried is connecting the line that comes from the top of the valve to the intake inlet it flows to a catch can instead but I don't see that causing it just running out of things to try I have the rubber nipple from factory air box

• You have a Tial blow off valve and that most likely isnt the issue.

Get video or log AFR numbers during these "stumbles". Note RPM, PSI, and most importantly the AFR number. If you are dipping below 10AFR, you most likely have fuel enrichment issues.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Ya sorry Trav your right was just waking up couldn't think right it's a tial bov I'll recheck the numbers kinda hard to get video gonna have to find a spot for the camera in front of the Gauge. I have the aem fail safe doesn't it actually log the numbers I haven't really played with it to much besides switching the gauge display between afr and boost

• If you have the failsafe then you need to plug it into a laptop, clear the logs and go for a ride and put it in a situation where its doing your issue.

I assume you have the rpm wire hooked up kn the AEM? If not, get it done.

Got a friend with an Alpha on 2 bar map, does the exact same thing on some shifts. Looking at the logs, we can see it goes rich into the 9s for some moment before coming back alive.

I had the same issue on my VI kit, fixed it by putting a 1 level stronger kn the bov.

Then got fed up of the gremlins of a canned tune and working on an ecu I can't tune and chucked the ecu to install a Haltech Elite.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• Sorry "kn" is a typo, fingers too big for stupid iPhone keyboard. Lol

You don't need to upgrade anything, but you can set the dump valve reaction pressure by swapping springs. Make sure the right one is in there, I am not familir with alpha spring color.

1st thing I would suggest is the view your logs in AEM Data software and not the table for the failsafe because it doesn't give you a pattern.

On AEM data, you can view data more precise, and also you can playback the sequence, so you can actually see the rpm at 5800 then go down to 4200 on the shift and the associated AFR and map reading so you know you are looking at the right spot.

The way you see it now, its impossible to know if that splash of dots is just caused by lifting your foot off the throttle and coasting or if its at wot shift.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• You can download the log to your laptop and send me the file. I can look at it from here.

The AEM logs around 2h of run time, so you should clear the log before a ride and try to get it to stutter, once you have it happen, download the log to your laptop right away so we know to look at the end of the log for the issue.

Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    and more...

• Its not a BOV issue, it is a fuel enrichment issue.

You are experiencing fuel bog with the AFRs you are showing.

I'll get with Mefiburn Bob and get some updates worked out with new fuel enrichment at lower RPMs.

I'll get with him next week. Call him late next week.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D