I have a whining noise in the right angle drive​ (rear end).

• The 901 I got from Amazon has a male zerk on the end of it, so it fit with a little swivel directly into the barrel of the pistol grip grease gun. NO extra 6" nipple needed for me, but YMMV depending on your setup.

Correct mine also fits into the HF gun without anything else added to it.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• The 901 I got from Amazon has a male zerk on the end of it, so it fit with a little swivel directly into the barrel of the pistol grip grease gun. NO extra 6" nipple needed for me, but YMMV depending on your setup.

And it moves around also, Thank You A lot of things will work but some things are just easier to use. To each he's own. There are also some people on here that you need to listen to.

• I notice on this thread that everyone says fill it up till it runs out but somewhere (can't remember exactly where I read it) that they recommended filling the drive up while the drivers side was jacked up to get about 1.5 qts in the unit. Is this not recommended anymore? time to do mine so will wait till I know for sure.

More likely that was 1.5 pints (24 oz.) which would be accurate. You would have to jack the SS up until it was standing vertical to get 1.5 qts in there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• More likely that was 1.5 pints (24 oz.) which would be accurate. You would have to jack the SS up until it was standing vertical to get 1.5 qts in there.

Gadgeteer, thanks. That is probably what I read. Don't have a lift that is big enough to get her vertical so will go with the 24 oz. Off topic, I really liked your sun screen for the radio. May I ask where you got the sheet of ABS plastic. Looks to be about 1/8 thick.

• I got the full sized grease gun and used the 20 percent off coupon

Grease Gun with Pistol Grip

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Gadgeteer, thanks. That is probably what I read. Don't have a lift that is big enough to get her vertical so will go with the 24 oz. Off topic, I really liked your sun screen for the radio. May I ask where you got the sheet of ABS plastic. Looks to be about 1/8 thick.

Yep, 1/8 ABS. I get my stuff from my local branch of Piedmont Plastics (Piedmont Plastics | Plastic Provider | Buy Plastic) in Elkridge, MD. They have locations nationwide, but less then 50 so they may not be as close to everyone as they are to me.

While we're on the visor topic, I found (and visited) a local shop that can help with quantity production, if needed. I was expecting to get a quote back from them on Monday, so I need to follow-up. In the meantime, I started building my own rig and have been working out the kinks in the process. If all goes well, I hope to start making more radio visors before Thanksgiving.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• I bought the needle at HF for 99 and also bought their gun, you need both. it comes with grease tube don't know if it is the best or worse but since i had it on hand might as well and use it.

once that grease runs out i will switch to the RP

Even bacon grease is better then none... ;-D

― Douglas Adams

• So i read that you shouldn't mix grease types. Looks like RP is synthetic is that what the polaris grease is?

If not what i was reading said you should use a cleaner before switching

• Okay, I know I must have had a long week because I read this thread title wrong and just laughed for a minute. I was thinking "Yeah, I have a whining noise in my rear end called my wife saying cut the lawn before the HOA police comes by" LOL Definitely know where my next few hours this weekend is going to but I thought I'd share with you all for a laugh as a commercial break during your discussion. She's honestly not a whining noise..more like a slow drone..no just kidding, it's her eyes and I put the voice to it LOL She would never tell me but the eyes as they glance to the yard and back to me..message received. LOL LOL Noise in my rear LOL

• So does anyone one what type of greese they used in the u joint of the slingshot from the factory?

Im assuming some molybdenum mixed with some base grease

• @Tripod, I know my mind spends a lot of time in the gutter, but yours seems to have taken up residence. ;-)

― Douglas Adams

• I used the grease that came with the grease gun.

Pretty much. If you keep pumping, eventually you will see it squeeze out. Then, you will know exactly what kind of grease is in there. :D

― Douglas Adams

• It would be nice to make sure you don't mix grease but that would mean pulling off the u-joint, completely cleaning it of all original grease, then putting back some new grease to make sure it is all the same. Been greasing u-joints for about 40 years and have never had an issue with one. I figure making sure there is grease in it is better than not.

• That article is related to industrial equipment and critical applications where failure is relatively expensive and dangerous. By comparison, a basic u-joint on your personal vehicle is neither. Check out this article...

Overview of Lubricating Grease | etrailer.com

If you don't want to read the whole thing, here's the basic gist...

1. Play it safe and stick with a multi-purpose or lithium grease. You don't need the fancy stuff and the only reason to use lithium is because its white, making it easier to see the squeeze-out.

2. If you're still concerned about mixing differnt types and don't know what's already in use, pump in enough new grease to displace whatever is currently in there. When you see the new grease squeeze out from all 4 arms of the u-joint, you know you have purged most of the old stuff out and you should have no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

― Douglas Adams

• I see the same type recommendation

Grease Compatibility

Not all types of thickeners are compatible with each other. When replenishing old grease, you should try to use a type with either the same kind of thickener or one that is compatible. If you don't know what kind of grease you're replacing, try to clean out the old grease, if possible. If you can't get the old grease out of a fitting, then put in enough new grease to push out as much of the old stuff as you can. You will find the information you need about the kind of base used in your grease somewhere on the label or packaging. The manufacturer may refer to the base as "base", "thickener" or "soap".

The following table shows the compatibility of different grease bases:

• Moly EP Grease

This grease contains molybdenum disulfide (often refered to as "moly") for better performance than general-purpose grease when metal parts are under high loads or extreme pressure (hence the name "EP"). It's intended to be used on parts where sliding motions are encountered, in sleeve-journal rotating shafts, for example. Use it to lubricate car chassis parts such as ball joints and U-joints, as well as farm equipment and industrial machinery.

Ot

LMX Red

This is heavy-duty, premium grease for the toughest lubricating jobs on the biggest, heaviest equipment. It performs better under higher pressures and temperatures than standard multi-purpose grease, and it resists water better. Because it resists water and sticks in place well, this grease will work on external parts that are exposed to the weather. It provides premium protection for car, truck and trailer wheel bearings (especially trailers that are heavily loaded), U-joints, farm equipment, and industrial machinery.