Need a little help can't decide

• If you just pay attention to the outer diameter of the tire you can do a lot of upgrades without messing up your computer.I have changed everything but the paint on my SS - but I am still running stock wheels - I feel they offer the best performance with the most sidewall. Just bought another set of stock wheels to have powder coated. Upgraded my tires to BFG Comp 2

That is where I am headed with my tires for this summer. The fronts and the rear BFG-Force-Comp-2, 10 inch tread width on the rear and 10.5 inch on the fronts. It looks like that is the max tread width for the stock rims.

• @MACAWS o i didn't take any thing in the wrong matter. and now that you brought up the offset these wheels are suppose to be direct replacement which they are i just feel like my wheel is just the slightest bit off center but it could just be me i don't know if theres a way anyone uses to measure that

I am sure they are OK
    But if the sizes and off sets are an exact match just find someone with a stock set up and take some measurements and compare the two. The offset will either push the wheel out making the front stance wider or pull it in.

If you are relatively close to the stock measurements you should be fine. Some people have altered the front off set without any issues. I wouldn't worry at all.

The only time it becomes an issue is if you trailer your sling

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @MACAWS its my rear wheel which i think is off center just a little but not to sure just to the eye it looks it the front wheels i didnt change size only tire just a slightly didnt size tire but just on the side walls, did not want to run into any issues with the enclosed trailer there very little room to play with there i only went wider in the rear. heard if you go to wide in the front it makes the sling drive like shit

• Just make sure you don't change the back and front to a different rolling distance than they are. You will have the abs light on. And that can't be changed. Basically you have to use a tire size calculator and make sure that the new tires on the front and back roll at the same rate as the old tires.

Sorry to ask again but as I am trying to squeeze a trip to the dealer on Thursday to iron out the details and pick the bike I want an answer to what I didn't even know was a problem.

Is there a way to switch the wheels on a base model(17 Front/18 Back) to SL size 18/20 and not have my dashboard light up like a christmas tree or have an incorrect speedometer?

The main reason besides aesthetics for me wanting the bigger wheels is ground clearance, i have a fairly steep initial portion of my driveway where a SS SL barely makes it(tested a friend's) someone here said that the base model has less clearance then the SL which would mean i need to upgrade the wheels in order so i am not Mcgyvering my daily entrance onto the driveway with wood board and such.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• If you just pay attention to the outer diameter of the tire you can do a lot of upgrades without messing up your computer.I have changed everything but the paint on my SS - but I am still running stock wheels - I feel they offer the best performance with the most sidewall. Just bought another set of stock wheels to have powder coated. Upgraded my tires to BFG Comp 2

Ill have to second what MACAWS has said. I really liked the base wheel and how they performed. I moved them over my wife's sling when we purchased it because she liked them and let me purchase 20 inch Motegi wheels with a 305 on the rear. It feels like I have lost some traction because the flex from the extra sidewalls is gone.

• the thing is base unit comes with 17 F 18R and i wanted to go to 18F and 20R like the SL my train of thought was that since the dealer i am working has a super discounted base unit, i could buy that instead of the SL and just "convert" it into a SL myself with better parts than the stock SL for less money and it would be the way i want it from the start.

This way i would save myself from radio/camera issues as well as crappy stock tires as well as having new custom rims to separate the SS from the pack.

I bought the base model... then convinced myself at the dealership I needed the SL Wheels and Infotainment system... Wow, I wish I had found the forums before that impulse buy. You are correct Neosolidus in that you can do it the way you want. I'm not sure about the saving money part because there will be so much you want to add!

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• well the "saving money" phrase is a misunderstood by a lot of people.
    Base Unit 17k(SS) + 10k(MODS) = 27k
    SL Unit 20.5k(SS)+ 10k(MODS)=30.5k
    simple before T/L/R prices to illustrate my point on the whole saving money thing.

The only reason at this point that might make me buy an SL is if i can't find anyone here who has done the wheel upgrade and found an "easy" way to fix the error lights.

@jluna317 i am sorry for somewhat derailing your thread about some awesome wheels.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• There are a ton of Slingshots on the forums and out on the road with wheel upgrades and no error lights. The dealer can change the ECM program from the base diameter wheels to the SL diameter wheels.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• done the wheel upgrade and found an "easy" way to fix the error lights.

As @MiM mentioned above all it takes is a trip to the dealer for them to hook it up to the Digital Wrench analyzer and switch the setting from Base size wheels to SL size wheels ....... takes 10 minutes ..

However that is all they can do ... they cannot set it up for anything other than factory sizes ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• @Neosolidus it's all right you gotta get the answer your looking at im not offended at all I hope you get the answer your looking for and just stay around the same sizes of an sl for wheels if your not looking to trigger those lights I've seen some slings with 22s and 24s the sling must drive a little rough with wheels that size and also bigger wheels who'll make the sling sit higher just my opinion

• Wheels and tires look reallllly good 8) . Watch those curbs with that nice of wheel. They tend to jump out and grab new pretty wheels never stock..........
    I am running 20's on the front and 22 on rear with no lights. Speed is off about 6/7 mph.
    Bought them just because I liked the look and wanted a 305 rear :00000003::00000003: .