Learning to drive a manual (insert all unholy expletives here)

• @EjFord
    I assume you mean, how do we park for winter?? Well, thats simple. I dont do cold riding. No thanks. Not gonna. Uh-uh. And you say Alabama, like its the Florida Keys or something.... :00008172: please take a moment to observe our memes..
    images (23).jpg
    We can have 3 seasons.... in 24 hours. Add the gulf for a undelightful unpredictable stormy season 12 months out of the year... we have reached 5000 miles in the 6 driving months we've had the slingshot... all local to north alabama...
    Now, if my husband had his way..... id be dressed in an eskimo suit, and wed be riding everyday rain sun or cold....
    December last year he had extensive lower back surgery which prevented him on the "warmer" winter days (50°) from riding.... by himself. Im a cold natured person, its never warm enough for me.. i wear a sweatshirt to work while others wear shorts... i wear cardigans all the way into may.... lol cold feels like needles piercing my skin all over.... i shouldve been born in Honduras or at least Arizona....lol

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• we looked into that possibility.. considered doing the heated option for prp seats, but decided to save that money.. Will look into heat pads for seats I'm sure before another November comes around. Thanks for reminding me of one more mod.... :00008356:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Graduated Manual Tranny Training last October... heres my diploma :D Her name is Mila..... Mila Turbo. Sunroof, leather,(The roof is completely glass, which could be bad... but that was an afterthought) 4 wheels, and 6 speeds, but I do baby her as shes still in the break in phase. I love driving a manual.
    Interactive driving = stress relief. Hubby moved out his Ford Lariat and let Mila sleep next to Jezabel.. fast reds gets garage, the jealous white truck gets the car shed..

:00008674:

• Graduated Manual Tranny Training last October... heres my diploma :D Her name is Mila..... Mila Turbo. Sunroof, leather,(The roof is completely glass, which could be bad... but that was an afterthought) 4 wheels, and 6 speeds, but I do baby her as shes still in the break in phase. I love driving a manual.
    Interactive driving = stress relief. Hubby moved out his Ford Lariat and let Mila sleep next to Jezabel.. fast reds gets garage, the jealous white truck gets the car shed..

This means the Outlaw has to ASK permission to drive what's in the garage....

• I had to relearn yesterday.. Had rotator cuff surgery on right shoulder the prior week and there was a car show I really wanted to go to with SS. Had to shift with left arm making for an interesting drive.

now THAT, is a true talent..Evrn to a south paw like me. I never thought about the "what if I cant use my right arm" scenario... :/

Fantastic looking ride. Congrats and enjoy..

• My experience with a manual transmission has only been since the SlingShot. :/ With that being said, we got it in August and parked it in November for winter months... I had driven short trips, parking lots, side roads, and gotten comfortable with the clutch as to when it engages when released... but apparently over the winter months, my foot forgot, "smooth operator" it is not. Steve has offered me to drive this year, but I would turn the offer down, as I was unfamiliar with the road and where we were, and how the layout of turns, land, and stops that might be predicted on a more familiar route.
    Anywho... this is my first ride of the year. :thumbdown::cursing::00008862:

Not as skilled as others, but SlingShot didnt die... and neither did we so.... technically I did good right?????
    I await the uncontrolled laughter and embarrassment from my fellow skilled peers. :00007579: <-------( @Tripod )

:thumbsup:

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos