Redneck Cold Air Intake !!!!

• Here it is Champagne taste with Cool-Aid pockets!

Start by removing your stock air box and let the fun begin!

Now I am sure there are cheaper air filters but lets not get too cheap here lol

I used an AEM filter $48.99 (Mine was free from a friend) (Dryflow
    there is no oil like K&N uses which can ruin mass airflow sensors)

http://www.amazon.com/AEM-21-201DK-...=1442894915&sr=1-1&keywords=2.5inch+inlet+AEM

2.5" Electrical Conduit not the typical white PVC pipe they do not make 2.5"

Cut the Flared out piece off completely <----------

The filter comes with a hose clamp and you use your factory intake tube no modifications necessary!
    One strategically placed zip tie and Whela !!!

I am going to get a turbo kit at some point, so why spend the money for an intake setup when you can have this!!!

Hope you all enjoyed this! :00000436:

• Wow, that is rednecked! theres another term down here about engineering that might be deemed offensive to some peoples sensibilities...
    so I shall refrain from sharing.

Good job saving the money, and creating with a unique idea. you used schedule 40 pvc so it should expand nicely with the heat.

BTW, your from Mass?? :00000450: your attempt to borrow the redneck expression is void and null, dang yankee! :00008356:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Replacing the stock air box and filter with one that breathes better is only part of the job. The convoluted rubber tube that connects the air box to the throttle body is also a BIG impediment to air flow. Also, without shielding, placing an open filter in front of the engine lets it draw air from around the hot radiator and engine as well as from outside. Although your intent is good, it is hardly efficient.

• Replacing the stock air box and filter with one that breathes better is only part of the job. The convoluted rubber tube that connects the air box to the throttle body is also a BIG impediment to air flow. Also, without shielding, placing an open filter in front of the engine lets it draw air from around the hot radiator and engine as well as from outside. Although your intent is good, it is hardly efficient.

Hello there P-Bay G-Man

The cost of this cold air intake is the cheapest setup you will find. If you want to spend more money for a nice CAI there are plenty to be purchased.. I prefer the Alpha CAI myself.

I will also tell you that the Redneck CAI does make a significant difference and in real world performance a better CAI you will not see that big of a jump over this.

The reason this was offered is for people that can not afford a more expensive CAI or they are going to go with a Turbo Kit or Supercharger and there is no need to spend the money on a expensive CAI in the meantime.

• Sorry, Black Death. I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers over this. Maybe this is exactly what you or some others feel is right, or enough for now. I just wanted to point out to those folks with less mechanical experience that read these forums searching for answers that there is much more to it than what is pictured to gain the most performance by upgrading the air intake. Also, DDMWorks offers a very nice CAI that is less expensive than any others I've seen.

• Sorry, Black Death. I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers over thi

I did something close to this a year ago,... works great. I believe he was showing that you don't need to spend mega dollars to do some of this stuff

The cost of this cold air intake

Thanks @BlackDeath, I would not call it cheap,... lets call it less expensive. Keep the ideas coming

• Don't forget the fashionable metal banding to keep it from moving. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't do that. That metal band is going to eat into the filter and your going to end up with open sections on that cone in no time from engine vibration.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• I did it, works OK, waiting for @gpcustoms to finish his. I really like the looks of it, plus I want his e-brake kit. Great cause as well.

I think I have it all done minus the air filter of choice. At the hospital donating stem cells and eating twizlers right now so its a good possibility that I will be MIA until November sometime :00006725:
    I will post up some nice photos of the one modification and some detailed information as soon as I am back in circulation. As for the e-brake,shoot me a note and if I have your preferences I will get yours on its way before I clock in on the 8th.
    Happy thoughts. :00000156: