Watch out in virgina

• Picture this..... it was a cool evening riding back from abingdon va, after eating dinner with some really nice forum members @jrogers I took a back road with a nice set of twisties on the way around norton va. Pull up to the red light and these dope heads were being harassed by norton va finest dipshits!! I say to Aimee looks like someone's having a rough night referring to the dopers.... then out of nowhere officer barbrady swells up and yells something to us!! After I proceeded to turn and got down the road a half mile or so i realized he was yelling to turn my green lights off (which I understood red and blue were only illegal ones) and have made hundreds of trips with green on. I DID turn them off... After this dumb dick cop leaves druggies behind to chase me down to scold and harass me over my lights, which were turned off way before he followed me over a mile, I figure to hell with that stretch of virgina and there pos police force who harass over exhaust, window tint, and now they find it more important to chase me over green underglo lights instead of all the theft and druggies in our area.... rant over.... hope everyone enjoyed thier labor day weekend

• Sorry @j4henry
    Most of my experiences with VA leo's have been uneventful, but like everything else there is always one in the bunch.
    And I have to say most times they could have put my nuts in a grinder for spirited driving.
    I hope I can make it to Maryville so I can ride gain with you and @Wrenchmn

Be safe

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I dont know about VA but in Alabama you can run them at night as long as they don't face the oncoming traffic or blink or strobe. (Halo circles would have to be white) And they are not blue or red.

That was my understanding across the board and I even said that to him, I'm pretty sure if I asked him for the exact section or subsection that law is in the rule book he couldn't provide it to me. @rabtech he was just trying to be all cool cause I didn't turn them off exactly when he said

• Virginia can be very strict when it comes to aftermarket parts of any type.

But, to stay on subject any underglow lights while driving in Virginia are illegal.

"All lights used on motor vehicles must be submitted to and approved by the Superintendent of State Police or meet or exceed the standards and specifications of the Society of Automotive Engineers, the American National Standards Institute, Incorporated or the federal Department of Transportation.
    If a light is not marked SAE or DOT with the proper function code as to its designed intention, such equipment would not be permitted for operation on the highway. Blue or green lights would not be permitted.
    Thank you for contacting the Safety Division.

Sergeant Robert L. Evans l Virginia Department of State Police Area 61 Motor Vehicle Inspection Office 3601 Iron Bridge Road l Richmond, Virginia 23234"

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Sounds like they could ticket you for having the Tricled LED U.S. Flag on the back.

• It sounds like they would have a field day with either HID or LED headlights as well. I guess they want to stay in the DARK AGES

LOL.....I see what you did there.

As long as they are aimed properly and in the correct housing they won't mess with you. But, if you are blinding oncoming traffic they will ticket you in a heartbeat.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• So, the officer asked you to comply with Virginia law which you waited a "half a mile or so" to do and you give a rant for him following you and running your tags? You didn't get a ticket, right?

• So, the officer asked you to comply with Virginia law which you waited a "half a mile or so" to do and you give a rant for him following you and running your tags? You didn't get a ticket, right?

He yelled across a parking lot for me to turn them off when your wearing a helmet its kinda hard to hear anyway, so when is dark inside the slingshot and you are trying to find the remote it takes you a second and yes I "complied" when I found the remote yes I did rant and will continue to do so. He wanted to run my license not the tag

• you know @Cameron Roberts I agree non flashing non emergency shouldn't be an issue. And if the guy had just pulled me over and said hey you can't run any underglo lights in virgina. Seeing I'm from Kentucky that would have been fine. But no I had to provide license proof of insurance and registration and sit there for 25 minutes while he did whatever back there.

• Personally I think it's horse crap. Solid lights that aren't emergency colors aren't going to hurt anyone and probably just help people see you.

In FL green is reserved for the Fish and Wildlife division vehicles, on the road their officers carry all the same authority as the state police.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• He yelled across a parking lot for me to turn them off when your wearing a helmet its kinda hard to hear anyway, so when is dark inside the slingshot and you are trying to find the remote it takes you a second and yes I "complied" when I found the remote yes I did rant and will continue to do so. He wanted to run my license not the tag

Ok, which is his job. Calling him "norton va finest dipshits!" and "dumb dick cop" is a bit off when he was just asking you to comply with state law and luckily he did not ticket you.