New Trailer on the Block

• Just received the new version (Slingsting) of a custom SS trailer from slingthingtrailers.com
    Made in Florida, I have been waiting for a design like this for some time. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be a winner. Attached photos will give you an idea. Has custom cleats to ratchet each wheel down, as well as recessed D rings for additional ties or other applications as needed. I also opted for the led interior lighting, spare tire, front rock guard and tool chest. Somewhat unique is the custom ramp that folds up to become the back of the trailer. Also comes with brakes for which I will have to buy a control in my SUV to activate them. I will have it in NY at the SS meetup there Sept. 14-18.

• Thanks, Rick. It has been our pleasure working with you to bring this new concept of mine to market. The SlingThing
    and the SlingCave trailers are very popular but this new rear tailgate/ramp system is going to be a hit.

When Rick first contacted me he was going to order one of our SlingThings with the HotShot package, when we were just about finished with the order he asked me "is there anything else I should know about before putting the order in"? I said well...kind of, I'm working on a new design for the ramp system. While I was up at Maggie Valley I was asked by a few folks and a couple of lady SS owners if I had something other than the ramps as they can be a little heavy as they are made of extruded aluminum and welded together and 6 foot long. That is when I first started the drawings. I told Rick I could send him some rough CAD drawings and a picture of our R&D model. He loved it and was willing to wait until we got it down cold as long as I could have it to him before the Adirondack rally, fortunately we did make the deadline.

As for price, we custom build each one to your specifications so each one is a little different. Please take a look on the website (please be patient I'm new at this web stuff and I'm working on it) and on facebook. Send me your contact info and I'll be glad to talk it over with you. The open 14 foot SlingThing starts at $4195 and is very well equipped at that. Including all aluminum construction, Dexter torsion axle with brakes, 3-6 foot long ramps, choice of storage locations, HD 2-5/16 coupler, custom aluminum wheels and radial tires all LED lighting and HD DOT reflective tapes, etc. We offer a wide selection of options well priced as well as we can do just about anything you can come up with.

Capt. Van
    352-817-9353

• Great looking trailer Rick.l saw it when I went to pick up mine from Sling Thing, must say ,they make One Bad Azz trailer.Van from Sling Thing is by far, one of the nicest guys you could work with.I had them do mine with the 6' removable ramps , they upgraded the ramps from 2200lbs. to 4200lbs. so I can store my Mustang on top of the trailer when I'm not using it.(Let's me keep it in the garage).Like Van mentioned, there customer made to your taste.I'll see if I can insert pics.

• [quote='Coyote','http://www.slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/1745-new-trailer-on-the-block/&postID=48674#post48674']Great looking trailer Rick.l saw it when I went to pick up mine from Sling Thing, must say ,they make One Bad Azz trailer.Van from Sling Thing is by far, one of the nicest guys you could work with.I had them do mine with the 6' removable ramps , they upgraded the ramps from 2200lbs. to 4200lbs. so I can store my Mustang on top of the trailer when I'm not using it.(Let's me keep it in the garage).Like Van mentioned, there customer made to your taste.I'll see if I can insert pics.

• Just received the new version (Slingsting) of a custom SS trailer from slingthingtrailers.com
    Made in Florida, I have been waiting for a design like this for some time. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be a winner. Attached photos will give you an idea. Has custom cleats to ratchet each wheel down, as well as recessed D rings for additional ties or other applications as needed. I also opted for the led interior lighting, spare tire, front rock guard and tool chest. Somewhat unique is the custom ramp that folds up to become the back of the trailer. Also comes with brakes for which I will have to buy a control in my SUV to activate them. I will have it in NY at the SS meetup there Sept. 14-18.

Good looking trailer!!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Also curious as to the width between the fenders. A lot of people are at 83" to 84" wide running the wider wheels and tires. I am 83.5" wide. I have to remove one of my fenders on my trailer to get passed it when loading and unloading.

How much wider are your rims than stock? I don't have to take my fender off when loading.

• Our trailers are right at 83.5" between the fenders and the drivers side fender is removable , we do recommend doing that. We have just started making the curb side fender also removable do to some of the custom wheels out there.

Great looking trailer Rick.l saw it when I went to pick up mine from Sling Thing, must say ,they make One Bad Azz trailer.Van from Sling Thing is by far, one of the nicest guys you could work with.I had them do mine with the 6' removable ramps , they upgraded the ramps from 2200lbs. to 4200lbs. so I can store my Mustang on top of the trailer when I'm not using it.(Let's me keep it in the garage).Like Van mentioned, there customer made to your taste.I'll see if I can insert pics.

Thanks Ron, we enjoyed building you your trailer. We pride ourselves in being able to do custom things for our customers and making the trailer their own. We have done many that are used for multiple purposes even though they are primarily designed for the Slingshot, we have set them up to also be motorcycle trailers, car haulers even one for a rock crawler and tractor.

Ron if you get a chance could you email a few pictures of yours in use, I'd like to put it on the website if it is alright with you.

Capt. Van

• Nice looking trailer. What is the width between fenders? I am about 4 inches wider than stock so I have to be very careful with that. From the pictures it looks pretty tight for a stock width Sling.

As Van stated, there is 83.5" between fenders, BUT, you can pick up another 2" by very easily removing the fenders, takes just a minute with large knobs to turn. Call Van for custom specifics, they're always devising new ways to pick up more width.