Roadog's D-Mod

• @mytoy, no disrespect intended of implied....just used the pictures to show that the black marine plastic is textured exactly the same as our plastic body parts..so using it for those back end air deflectors would look like a factory accessory..

The sun visor idea is totally yours and much credit is given and deserved... :thumbsup:

Now I’m waiting to see the sequential turn signals ...

I asked on here about those several months ago and nobody had any ideas how to do it. I was hoping to find a prewired plug and play kit.

• I'm thinking about making some from diamond plate to match the rear protection plate I made. I also like the look. It sounds like the functionality has not really been determined. Did anyone successfully play around with the position and angle to try to keep the wheel clear of dust?

@SlingLow, I've put a few thousand miles on my Sling with these and they work really well at higher speeds. Not so good at slower speeds. Guess it all has to do with airflow, eh? Higher speeds = more air being directed to the rim, and slower speeds just don't generate enough airflow to keep the dust from building up. That's why I never slow down!!!! HAH!!!!
    @Bigdog, you are correct, you can make your own in any length and with a curve, or without, it's all up to your preferences. I made mine with a curve that matched the Sling mostly because I wanted to keep the overall factory curved style and still have directed air flow. I believe @Shatneyman made his with a bend instead of curve and they looked great.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• excellent job adam...:) i will have to come up and get you to help me install...:) jus sayin..

Any time my friend...any time!!! You know our door is always open!!! :thumbsup:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• HEY! YOUR D-mod Works . I took a 5 gal bucket from Lowes i had and made them ,Wow what a difference . OH! and buckets from Lowes for my blue Sling,Home depot For red Buckets,White from Ace Hardware.NO painting lol I'll post pics later 8o

• HEY! YOUR D-mod Works . I took a 5 gal bucket from Lowes i had and made them ,Wow what a difference . OH! and buckets from Lowes for my blue Sling,Home depot For red Buckets,White from Ace Hardware.NO painting lol I'll post pics later 8o

Glad you like them @LONERANGER7!!!
    Thanks for the info on where to get colored buckets too!!!
    Looking forward to your pics!!!

• Just a heads up that if any of you folks have a Firehouse Subs near by, you can buy their 5 gallon pickle buckets for just $2 and all monies go to their
    FIREHOUSE SUBS PUBLIC SAFETY FOUNDATION INC. Only thing is you have to clean the pickle smell out of them(which is not hard) and they are the much slower RED color!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Just a heads up that if any of you folks have a Firehouse Subs near by, you can buy their 5 gallon pickle buckets for just $2 and all monies go to their
    FIREHOUSE SUBS PUBLIC SAFETY FOUNDATION INC. Only thing is you have to clean the pickle smell out of them(which is not hard) and they are the much slower RED color!

Well now that's one heck of a "Vlassic Dill"!!!! (classic deal....see what I did there..... :00000019: .....Ok, never mind.....)

Hahaha! You drank too much of that pickle juice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Took a Couple Pics Of the Dust Mod(not very good) LOWES Blue Bucket (no painting)lol

Nice job @LONERANGER7!!! :thumbup:
    I really like how you've detailed your Sling!!(Your blue Sling is really beautiful) Those blue dust mods add just the right amount of color in an otherwise dull area!!!

One of my next projects will be to add some hidden LED's behind the Dust Mods.
    I think they would look cool at night with a background glow effect. If anyone else has the chance to do this before I do, please post some pics!!!

• I just put the rear protection plate on from @SlingLow today, in red of course. Now I’m thinking of doing this mod as well in red, the dust factor is one reason but the added color is a close second! Anyone have a pic of both of these installed?

• I will have both on my Sling at some point in time....if the frickin weather ever lets up enough for me to get my Sling out of the back garage!!!
    I have several goodies to install. One of them is the rear protection panel!! I have red dust deflectors and a gloss black panel. Once I get the panel installed, I'll post up a couple shots here.